Another Branwen/Dynaheir conflict question

Guest Nikolai

Guest Nikolai

Right, so, I've run into the apparently somewhat common issue of losing the ability to pursue the desired romance because I didn't explicitly shut the other one down. As I was not aware of this, and the conflict event at the time didn't seem any more final than the ones before it, I'm now quite a bit past there (coin flip occurred at the very start of the Nashkel Mines, am now advancing on the bandits in the northeast) and trying to see if there's some way I salvage this without having to reload an earlier save. To that end, I have a few questions.

1) I had sort of assumed, and searching the forums seemed to confirm, that there would be some event where they would approach me after the coin flip to directly ask me my preference. However, like I said, it's been some time ingame and the event doesn't seem to be firing. Does it actually exist, or is it just a urban legend?

2) If I were to ditch Branwen from the party for Yeslick when he becomes available, would that resolve the conflict and allow me to resume pursuing Dynaheir? Would there be any problems in delaying advancement that long?

3) If all else fails, are there changes I can make with Shadow Keeper to either fire the event in one or set Dynaheir as the designated romance?

Sorry if all this is annoying repetition - I did try to search for answers in the forum, but much of what I found was either confusing or apparently contradictory, and I couldn't be sure how much of it still applied to newer versions of the mod. And double sorry if some of it is just ignorant - this is my first time through the game, and in retrospect it may have been wiser to save the modding until I had a better idea of how the base game worked. :) Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Here are some of the apparently relevant variables from the most recent save - if there are any others I should post or any older ones I should compare them to, just ask.

P#BRANMATCH 1
P#BRANWENROMANCEACTIVE 3
P#BRLOVETALK 19
P#BRLOVETALKTIME 750396
X#DYBR1 2
X#DYBRCONFLICT 11
X#DYBRCONFLICTTIME 800433
X#DYLOVETALK 13
X#DYLOVETALKTIME 745960
X#DYNAHEIRROMANCEACTIVE 1
X#DYNAHEIRROMANCEINACTIVE 1
X#DYNAHMATCH 1

The code is currently such that both romances are dead after the coin-dialogue. There exists a follow-up dialogue that should give the choice to the PC, but it is never triggered as it runs only for active romances. I don't think this is intended, though. I would assume setting

"P#BranwenRomanceActive" to 1

"X#DynaheirRomanceInactive" to 0

"X#DynaheirRomanceActive" to 1

should give you the decision - dialogue, but I was not involved in the coding of the romances and don't know whether this is intended.

Archived