Total beginner question...

Guest Scylene

Guest Scylene

Hey there,

I just bought the gold edition of Neverwinter Nights 2 and I immediately downloaded this mod because I had heard such good things about it. Problem is I've never used community mods in a game before so I'm a little confused.

I did read the "readme" file and extracted the FP_V1.7z files into the Override folder (not in My Docs) and the same with the FP_Music.7z files into the Music folder (also not in My Docs). Well I'm trying to start the game but when I go to "new campaign --> new module" the only thing that comes up is "Uninvited Guests" which I don't believe is the romance pack.

So my question is did I do something wrong and the mod didn't load? Am I even at the right screen to load it? Or am I just being an idiot and it's not even something you need to load because it automatically incorporates into the game?

Sorry for being such a noob :) . I just want to make absolutely sure the mod is loaded before I start playing the whole campaign. Any help or answers would be appreciated.

This one doesn't work like most mods, so you won't see an option to start a new campaign. Instead, you'll just play the OC and see changes. So, when choosing which campaign to begin, choose Official Campaign.

Make sure you get the fix for Casavir's LT8, if you're planning on running a female KC. There are instructions for using it in the pinned thread where you find it. It's a simple matter of swapping three files for three other files.

Guest Scylene
This one doesn't work like most mods, so you won't see an option to start a new campaign. Instead, you'll just play the OC and see changes. So, when choosing which campaign to begin, choose Official Campaign.

Make sure you get the fix for Casavir's LT8, if you're planning on running a female KC. There are instructions for using it in the pinned thread where you find it. It's a simple matter of swapping three files for three other files.

Thank you so much for your help. It's nice to know I didn't miss anything when I installed the mod.

And thank you for providing a link for that fix. I probably would have missed it before I started the game. Just one question...what does the KC stand for when you say female KC?

Archived