Item revisions + Rogue rebalancing bow issues.

Larloch

Main component installed before RR all others after RR.

Composite short bow +1 has plus 6 damage added to it. Normal composite shortbow seems to be calculated correctly unless I can't see what the game is actually doing to the damage stat. I'm only looking at item descriptions. The magical bow seems messed up though. I don't know how it is suppose to be. I think either +3 damage (+2 from the bow + 1 from enchantment value change) or somehow remove the bonus damage from it to be more in line with the other bows so it would be +2 damage total which would be the unmodified stats anyway.

Edit: Actually I have no idea what the stats should be. I think now either + 1 or +2, probably + 2 but not + 3.

Is this just my game?

Thanks.

Thanks for the report.

It appears that the damage bonuses on RR's composite short bows already include a bonus from enchantment level, so it's getting duplicated with IR's component.

Assuming these bows are intended to have an enchantment bonus to damage normally, I'll add specific checks to skip the enchantment damage bonus for them in IR's component.

I actually didn't think of composite short bows when I wrote the component, so I'll also change it so it treats them the same as it treats composite long bows (+2 damage instead of +1 versus non-composite).

Composite short bow +1 has plus 6 damage added to it...
Mike might be right...

But, you need to also remember that the Composite Short Bow gets the dexterity bonus(if the dex is 17 or18 the bonus is +2), the Composite weapon bonus(+2) + the arrow enchantment bonus+ the weapon proficiency bonus+ 1/3 levels if the char is an archer. That's a lot of variables and why the game doesn't really need a Composite Short Bows.

But, you need to also remember that the Composite Short Bow gets the dexterity bonus(if the dex is 17 or18 the bonus is +2)

The dexterity bonus never applies to the damage of a bow, just to the hit rolls. You've got something mixed up there.

Anyway, Mike already contacted me about this issue and the consensus is that RR's bows shouldn't be affected by the IR component since they already contain the proper enchantment bonuses as per PnP rules.

Archived