Patching your game after installing the mod

Obsidian has announced the imminent release of patch 1.22, so this might be a good time to offer instructions for patching your game if you have the NWN2 Romance Pack installed.

Patching will clear your override, so before you patch, back up your override. It's a simple process. Just make sure your game isn't running while you're doing it!

1. Create another folder in your game directory called override_bak
  2. Move the contents of your override, including the NWN2 Romance Pack, to this new folder
  3. In your game directory, you'll see a file called nwupdate.exe
  4. Run it
  5. Once the update has completed, move the contents of override_bak back to your override folder
  6. Carry on

Again, please wait for official word that the patch has been released before running nwupdate.exe. You'll probably see the announcement on BioWare's NWN2 forum sometime today, or at least sometime in the next day or so.

I don't anticipate any incompatibility between the new patch and the NWN2 Romance Pack, but if you experience new headaches after updating, don't hesitate to post your findings and we'll see what we can do about straightening it out.

On a related note, the new patch, and the soon-to-be released Mysteries of Westgate, might conceivably change the file that assigns music (the latter definitely will). We'll address the matter as soon as possible, but it involves making changes to the code of about 50 files, so it might take a while. In the meantime, it's possible that the music that plays during Bishop's and Casavir's lovetalks might not be the music that we intend, or the music that plays during segments of the OC/MotB/SoZ/MoW won't be the music *they* intend. Apologies in advance for any mental hiccups this causes.

Quick question: do you do all that in the documents Neverwinter Nights 2 one or the program files one? Because, for some unknown reason, I have a override_bak folder under override with the Bishop Romance (I don't have the Romance Pack installed yet; will soon) in it and I haven't updated yet...so...a little confused :blush:

Archived