Some help about magic system

DrAzTiK

I would like to ask some advices about some spells. French's description are so inconsistent and broken about anti magic attack O_o. I would like to clarify/confirm some point and make some correction for french community :

Spell thrust : Does it remove Spell Shield and Shield of the Archons ? Does it remove ALL protection of 5e level and lower ? (in french description it's 3e level...)

Secret word : Does it remove Shield of the Archons ?

Pierce magic : Does it remove Spell Shield ? Is Lower Resistance dispellable ?? Does it remove Shield of the Archons ?

Does Khelben's Warding Whip, Ruby Ray of Reversal, Pierce Shield and Spellstrike remove Shield of the Archons? ( I suppose they do)

Blind level 1: On my characters it makes a -10 thac0 penality and no AC penality. Description says -4 thac0 and -4 AC. so what ??

Otiluke's Resilient Sphere : Does it allow a save for partly friend ??

Maybe it's not the best place to ask this but after all It could help players who are playing SCS...

Ty

Spell thrust : Does it remove Spell Shield and Shield of the Archons ? Does it remove ALL protection of 5e level and lower ? (in french description it's 3e level...)
It removes ALL protections of 5th level or lower, and thus doesn't remove Shield of Archons which is a 7th level spell.

Secret word : Does it remove Shield of the Archons ?
Yes.

Pierce magic : Does it remove Spell Shield ? Is Lower Resistance dispellable ?? Does it remove Shield of the Archons ?
Its blocked by Spell Shield (consuming it though), and removes Shield of Archons. Lower Resistance is not dispellable.

Does Khelben's Warding Whip, Ruby Ray of Reversal, Pierce Shield and Spellstrike remove Shield of the Archons? ( I suppose they do)
Yes.

Blind level 1: On my characters it makes a -10 thac0 penality and no AC penality. Description says -4 thac0 and -4 AC. so what ??
Because the opcode is hardcoded to inflict -10 THAC0 penalty, the description is wrong. Spell Revisions "fix" this. :)

Otiluke's Resilient Sphere : Does it allow a save for partly friend ??
Unfortunately yes. Spell Revisions version does not. :)
It removes ALL protections of 5th level or lower, and thus doesn't remove Shield of Archons which is a 7th level spell.
That is unless the spell is blocked off by another spell like Spell Shield or similar spell.

And Demivrgvs is of course speaking of his own mod, the Spell Revision.

Now, usually if you wish to remove all the spells that are protecting a mage, you use the Breach spell, and in unmoded game the target needs to be visible and stay visible when it's casted on them, but one of the SCSII components remove that need as it makes the spell to have a small area effect.

And in normal game the Breach spell effects creatures that are 100% magic immune or protected with immunity to the level 5 spells(including Lich), but the Spell Revision removes the later fact from Breach, go figure, so the Lich are immune to the Breach. :)

That is unless the spell is blocked off by another spell like Spell Shield or similar spell.
Of course.

Now, usually if you wish to remove all the spells that are protecting a mage, you use the Breach spell,...
Actually Spell Protections (e.g. Spell Deflection/Turning) aren't removed by Breach. Anyway the full list of "removed protections" is provided in the spell description.

And in normal game the Breach spell effects creatures that are 100% magic immune or protected with immunity to the level 5 spells(including Lich), but the Spell Revision removes the later fact from Breach, go figure, so the Lich are immune to the Breach. :)
Actually I haven't changed Breach at all. It's SCSII which makes it bypass lich and rakshasas immunities!

Thanks for answers

Don't worry, I am aware about spell revisons. I hope it will be perfectly compatible with SCS one day.

But here I speak only about vanilla spells of course.

I would also like a confirmation about glitter dust :

description says that blinded creatures get -4thac0, -4AC and -4 to save. Of course it's an error (especially for save penality), right ? I suppose penality is "just" -10 thac0. ( and a small line of sight of course)

As you know, a save is allowed to avoid blindness and become visible. So I suppose that an invisible creature who become visible is automatically blinded ?

Can you also say me all sort of invisibility discovered by glitter dust. And same for Invisibility (level2) and invisibility purge(level3).

ty again :)

Don't worry, I am aware about spell revisons. I hope it will be perfectly compatible with SCS one day.
Actually SCS even take SR into account for spell selection, and SR V2.9 should be completely compatible.

But here I speak only about vanilla spells of course.
As you wish. I spoked about both only for completeness.

Glitterdust

description says that blinded creatures get -4thac0, -4AC and -4 to save. Of course it's an error (especially for save penality), right ? I suppose penality is "just" -10 thac0. ( and a small line of sight of course)
Indeed, everytime the game uses blindness the effective result is -10 THAC0 penalty no matter what the description says.

As you know, a save is allowed to avoid blindness and become visible. So I suppose that an invisible creature who become visible is automatically blinded ?
Actually I think the save only negates blindness in vanilla, becoming visible is unavoidable.

Can you also say me all sort of invisibility discovered by glitter dust. And same for Invisibility (level2) and invisibility purge(level3).
Is there a kind of invisibilty which isn't removed by these three spells? :)

Well, they probably can't reveal a misleaded mage (6th level Mislead spell) until the illusionary clone is destroyed.

Ok ok .

Just for finish, are you sure that Otiluke's Resilient Sphere allow a save for partly friends ? I have tested and in my game, it works 100% of the time (only magic resistence allow friends to "avoid" effect)

And same for glitterdust. I am not sure about become visible is unavoidable.. Why Immunity to Divinition and II whould be so strong.

If others can confirm...

Glitterdust

And same for glitterdust. I am not sure about become visible is unavoidable.. Why Immunity to Divinition and II whould be so strong.
Ok, I double checked it and you're right, vanilla's Glitterdust allow a save to avoid becoming visible.

Otiluke's Resilient Sphere

Just for finish, are you sure that Otiluke's Resilient Sphere allow a save for partly friends ? I have tested and in my game, it works 100% of the time (only magic resistence allow friends to "avoid" effect)
Yes, it does allow a save in vanilla, as the effect

I tested Resilient Sphere with Spell Revisions and you save if it is in a contingency. I had it set to activate on 25% health and it failed to activate on self. Not sure if it works if you cast it manually. I haven't bothered to use it again after that.
Are you using V2.9 or an older version (where this feature wasn't implemented)? Because I tested it a few minutes ago and it indeed works in my game, both normally and via contingency.

re :p

I wonder about GM especially in a Spell Trigger :

Spell Trigger: (Greater Malison + 2x slow)

I have tested it, and it appears that ennemy are slowed before to be touch by GM. Can you say me if it is same for other spells (especially confusion)

Spell Trigger: (Greater Malison + 2x slow)

I have tested it, and it appears that enemy are slowed before to be touch by GM.

At which order did you put the spells in to the trigger... of course there could be that the spell projectiles have different speeds, but that shouldn't be the case in here.

I have tested many time and it seems that it is finally quite random...

Generally , ennemy are slowed before to be touch by GM . For spell like chaos or glitterdust, it seems to be random. (maybe 50/50)

Archived