MotB Ending question (spoilers)

All right, so we've got some players who report successful access to new epilogues, or they wouldn't see the Casavir extras, so that rules out several of the possibilities. I'll poke around tomorrow and see what I can uncover.

Just to clarify, though, at what point in the story did you install the mod? Right at the beginning or right before the Wall of the Faithless?

Guest Nawiel
Just to clarify, though, at what point in the story did you install the mod? Right at the beginning or right before the Wall of the Faithless?

Sorry, I just realised that my post was a bit vague on that point! What I meant to say was that I have a save from before the portal, so have been able to test the epilogue twice now and have the same thing happen. :p I've had the Mod installed at the beginning of the campaign, as I ran through the OC and then into MotB :p

If it's any help, during MotB I did summon Casavir via the MulePack and banished him again a few times. This probably doesn't relate, I imagine, but it's the only messing around I did during the game.

Guest themanynamed
Let's try to figure out what is going wrong here.

Conditions set on it:

P#BishopPromise = 1 (global int) --> means you have asked Bishop to hang on.

P#BishopMotB = 1 (global int) --> means that you told Gann that you love Bishop

Okay, I just checked the global.xml and neither of those were recorded. I checked both of my save games (one right before the Kelemvor talk and one as you choose sides in the Crusade). I have no idea why neither of these choices were recorded. I did tell Bishop to hold on and I did politely decline Gann and said my heart lay with my favorite ranger.

This kind of reminds me of the problem with the Gann romance, where the game would default to no romance.

Also, I reinstalled the game fresh and then added the Romance Pack before playing.

ManyNamed.

Guest themanynamed
Let's try to figure out what is going wrong here.

Conditions set on it:

P#BishopPromise = 1 (global int) --> means you have asked Bishop to hang on.

I just tried adding those global values using the below command. It triggered the modded options in the Kelemvor conversation but not the epilogue. Any ideas on how to restore that?

rs ga_global_int("P#BishopPromise","=1")

rs ga_global_int("P#BishopMotB","=1")

ManyNamed.

Also, I reinstalled the game fresh and then added the Romance Pack before playing.

That isn't the question I asked. I want to know where in the storyline you installed the mod. Kelemvor's dialogue is a module-related dialogue, so it's loaded the first time the module loads and is stored in the saved game after that. Any changes made to the override after that point are meaningless, since the dialogue plays from your saved game.

In other words, if you install the mod and then play from an existing save, after the relevant module loads for the first time, installing the mod won't do a thing. To get the new content, you would need to have installed the mod prior to going to the Thayvian Academy.

Guest themanynamed

That isn't the question I asked. I want to know where in the storyline you installed the mod. Kelemvor's dialogue is a module-related dialogue, so it's loaded the first time the module loads and is stored in the saved game after that. Any changes made to the override after that point are meaningless, since the dialogue plays from your saved game.

In other words, if you install the mod and then play from an existing save, after the relevant module loads for the first time, installing the mod won't do a thing. To get the new content, you would need to have installed the mod prior to going to the Thayvian Academy.

Oops, sorry. I installed the mod and then started a new game. I didn't keep my old saves when I did the fresh install of the game.

ManyNamed.

Thanks for the clarification, since it will help in the troubleshooting. I haven't got a saved game to use for actual testing, since it feels like the writers never really get a chance to actually play (we rely on testers extensively), but I can do a really thorough code review based on the present download, and that will provide enough info to answer your questions.

Unfortunately, I will have to ask you to be patient for one more day. The next opportunity I will have to disect code will be tomorrow. I know it works for some, because we do have players that are seeing the epilogues without any issues at all, but if it isn't working for you, we need to find out why. Thanks for your patience.

[berelinde skulks off grumbling about unfriendly game engines that don't run scripts when you tell them to and randomly drop dialogues for no reason whatsoever and other distractions that the IE engine didn't have. OK, BG2 had lousy graphics, but once you learned to work WeiDU, your dialogues always fired when you told them to. None of this random mayhem %&((@^*%.]

Guest themanynamed
[berelinde skulks off grumbling about unfriendly game engines that don't run scripts when you tell them to and randomly drop dialogues for no reason whatsoever and other distractions that the IE engine didn't have. OK, BG2 had lousy graphics, but once you learned to work WeiDU, your dialogues always fired when you told them to. None of this random mayhem %&((@^*%.]

ROFL! Yeah, I kinda miss the days of crappy graphics and great storyline and awesome userfriendly modding too. At least BG2 lets me recapture the glory days when I feel particularly deprived.

Don't go nuts trying to find a solution immediately. Goodness knows RL is probably screaming for your attention. Besides, the least we can do is be patient after all the work you have put into writing/creating this mod.

ManyNamed.

Guest Deedlit

I did install the romance module and started a whole new game as well,both for OC and Motb.

I checked the global.xml and I found only one variable is active for some reason (the bishoppromise one),even if I DID told Gann I loved "a ranger that could be redeemed",so maybe that was the problem?

But I don't understand why it didn't create the other one....

Thanks anyway for considering the issues,despite everything,you did an amazing job and great part of the problems are engine's fault anyways :p

The fact that we are so nugged with them should show how your work affected us!Thanks a lot for your hard job :p

It looks like the trouble is with setting the global in Gann's dialogue; I must have missed an option or two somehwre there. Berelinde, please, let me know when you get to checking Gann's chains, if you get there before me. The biggest suspects will be the default Gann's chains where you can tell him that you love Bishop and the Gates dialogue. :p

In Kelemvor's dialogue you have to insist to the bitter end that you want to save Bishop, no matter what he is saying. BishopPromise then goes to 2 and that triggers the epilogue options.

I seriously dropped the ball. The free time I expected to have this weekend never materialized, and I've been running ragged with RL stuff. Hopefully, I can get to it tonight.

I'm relieved to report that at least one of the users who was having problems getting some lovetalks got a bad download, and after getting a fresh one to replace the missing files, is now getting all the content. So that's one problem solved.

Lol, if you think YOU dropped the ball, well, I haven't even seen the ball this weekend! My mom's coming on Thursday, so it means either I will have tons of time to mod, or none at all, depending on her mood. I will try to get to something!!!

Glad to see that there apparently has been some progress since I last checked. Thank you guys for giving it your attention. :p I did a little research too, and I think I figured it out - I'm no expert though, so I hope I'm even making sense.

This didn't set for me. The reason is that I never even flirted with Gann and left the talk about Bishop until we were standing in front of the Betrayer's Gate, and I assumed that this would be enough. I just had a look in the conversation file before passing through the gate, and I don't think it's supposed to look like it does. First of all, once I tell Gann that I care about something else, there are only three choices - the Casavir answer, the [Gann was not in Bishop dream] answer, and "It's difficult to speak of". There is no option for Gann having been in Bishop's dream - it's missing. Second, when I do take one option given of telling him about Bishop, there is no action whatsoever happening - P#BishopMotB is not set. I checked and I noticed it does set when you access this talk earlier through regular, player initiated conversation with Gann, but if you tell him at the gate, the condition for that variable to set is missing.

No clue why this is.

I finally got around to reloading a save right before entering the Betrayer's Gate, and without fiddling with anything else, when I tried talking to Gann and breaking up with him through his conversation file, I got the right options. (When I entered the gate he still confessed his love in the cutscene though and I had to break up with him again. Poor sod seems to love the punishment.)

This time I did get the opportunity to bargain with Kelemvor, and subsequently Bishop did make an appearance in the epilogue (in fact, I got Safiya to mule him in once we'd reached the dreamscape and pretended he'd followed me there to help out :p).

So, conclusion, the gate file dialogue definitely seems to be the problem.

Small question though - after the epilogue, isn't the game supposed to return to the main screen? Mine didn't - I was still stuck by the wall hanging out with Kelemvor with no way out (maybe spending eternity with him was his revenge for freeing the ranger or something). Just bringing this up cause it might be Bishop-Mod-related.

Archived