NPCs

As seen in the webpage, there are 6 new NPCs that can join your party. Recap:

Kifor

kifor.jpg

Male, Chaotic Good Human Thief

Found in Chapter 1.

Bio: When asked about his past, Kifor glares at you and says that his past is irrelevant and no one's business but his own. He insists that his joining with you is for work purposes only.

Stewart

stewart.jpg

Male, Lawful Neutral Human Cleric

Found in the Friendly Arm Inn.

Bio: When asked about his past, Stewart insists that he led a simple life in a small village north of Baldur's Gate with his brother and father. His faith in Lathander grew stronger after his entire village was destroyed by a horde of undead. He strives to reach the rank of Dawnbringer where he will be a full priest of Lathander but before he can do so, he claims he must complete his mission of vanquishing as many undead as possible.

Jen

jen.jpg

Female, Chaotic Good Human Ranger

Found outside of Candlekeep.

Bio: Jen was born to a wealthy family in Neverwinter but soon left home after being "bored silly" as she puts it, to explore the Sword Coast on her own. She respects both nature and people alike, but cannot stay in one place for very long. She is young but her experience in the wilderness is impressive for one her age.

Argal

argal.jpg

Male, Neutral Evil Dwarf Fighter

Found in Beregost at the Jovial Juggler.

Bio: Any inquiries about Argal's past have resulted in fits of swearing. He claims he joined you to "get paid and get going".

Cal

cal.jpg

Female, Lawful Evil Half Elf Mage

Found in the ruins of Ulcaster School.

Bio: Calia, or "Cal" as she prefers to be called, is the daughter of a prostitute from Athkatla. When you ask her about her past, she proceeds to tell you a long winded story about being taken in by a priest of Helm after her mother abandoned her. She then claims she was kidnapped by a powerful mage who taught her everything she knows. It's hard to tell whether or not she is telling the truth, but it is probably best not to ask as she is very eager to talk about herself...perhaps too eager.

Loren

loren.jpg

Male, Lawful Good Human Paladin

Found in the library of Candlekeep.

Bio: Sir Loren is a knight of the Companions of Noble Heart, an organization of paladins devoted to Ilmater that seek to destroy those that enjoy bringing suffering to others. He explains that his father is also a knight (a famous one according to Loren), but has gone missing. Loren suspects that a personal rival of his, a priestess of Loviatar, is responsible for this and he swears he will do everything in his power to find his father and bring the priestess to justice.

Thanks to Plasmocat, Cyrille, and Nix for the portraits. Seeing as how it's unrealistic for a modder to ask one artist to sit and draw 6 portraits, we were very lucky to get their assistance at all.

Er... Stewart is going to have to do more than fulfil a quest if he wants to be a Dawnbringer. He'll have to change alignments, too. In 2E, cleric alignments have to match their gods' so he'd have to be NG.

Worshipers align: any good, LN

Clergy: match deity.

But not worth splitting hairs. After all, CN Anomen couldn't even worship Helm, let alone be a cleric of him. So the game already plays fast and loose with alignment restrictions.

I know that there will be romances, but what else will the NPCs include? I assume (and hope) banters and interjections will be included. What about friendship paths? PIDs? Anything else of interest?

There's a plain quality to them all that reminds me (fondly) of the IWD NPC cast. I really hope your writing matches the quality of the pictures, theacefes, because these are all stunning.

I know that there will be romances, but what else will the NPCs include? I assume (and hope) banters and interjections will be included. What about friendship paths? PIDs? Anything else of interest?

There's a plain quality to them all that reminds me (fondly) of the IWD NPC cast. I really hope your writing matches the quality of the pictures, theacefes, because these are all stunning.

I love the portraits; the artists did an amazing job and we are so grateful for their help.

Yes, there will be banters, interjections, etc.

Writing? Erm...you can scroll through the d files of my Sarah mod if you like. I don't know how true that will be for this project but I will certainly try my best.

Not much in the way of party versatility here, there aren't even any kits or multiclasses.

We might end up using a system that allows a little customisation in this regard, somewhere in between IWDNPC and Level 1 NPCs. Stay tuned.

Guest Guest

With a total of 6 recruitable NPCs, will it just be a question of who to leave out or will it not be practical and/or possible to go with a full party?

A pity, but then folks tend not to like gnomes and halflings as much as they do the big three. And it's always good to keep the scope manageable. :p No elves is a bit more of a surprise, I suppose.

I love the portraits; the artists did an amazing job and we are so grateful for their help.

Yes, there will be banters, interjections, etc.

Writing? Erm...you can scroll through the d files of my Sarah mod if you like. I don't know how true that will be for this project but I will certainly try my best.

Ah, I trust you can. I've played both Sarah and Auren before, and they were both thoroughly enjoyable. I'm sure these six will live up to their predecessors.

And I, for one, am glad that there are no elves. Others likely won't be, though.

Archived