Version 12 released

DavidW

Version 12 is now out. I'm releasing a new version so soon after v11 mostly because of a communications breakdown between me and the Spanish translators - I somehow managed to include the wrong updated translation. Apologies to Spanish-language players. I've also taken the opportunity to fix a few glitches reported since v11 came out.

Guest temujin_

i think there is some kind of bug/compatibility issue with BG1NPC that breaks the Jaheira quest.

also, this bit of code in scs/priest/priest.tph

//// Make Amarande an avenger

ACTION_IF ~priestspelltype~=2 THEN BEGIN // BG2 spells
			COPY_EXISTING ~%tutu_var%amaran.cre~ ~override~
				   WRITE_LONG 0x244 0x00001240
  END

//// Make Andarthe an avenger (BG1NPC)

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~x#andart.cre~ THEN BEGIN
			COPY_EXISTING ~x#andart.cre~ ~override~
				   WRITE_LONG 0x244 0x00001240
  END

sets Amarande's and Andarthe's kit to some unknown value - 306184192

in my install, the number that sets his kit to avenger (i.e. BEAST_FRIEND) is 0x2000.

To expand upon Temujin's post:

The avenger problem also applies to DEFINE_PATCH_MACRO ~priest_CRE_setup_inner~ at line 343 which in my installation additionaly affects DW#Amara.cre.

Moreover some minor details:

- the description of the Greater Werewolf Token incorrectly states that you'll get an +2 weapon. But it's actually a +3 weapon.

- the Werewolf Token states that you'll get 2 attacks, but Modify attacks per round sets it to 1. Or was the haste bonus already included?.

10th

Version 12 is now out. I'm releasing a new version so soon after v11 mostly because of a communications breakdown between me and the Spanish translators - I somehow managed to include the wrong updated translation. Apologies to Spanish-language players. I've also taken the opportunity to fix a few glitches reported since v11 came out.

Hello again,

I finally installed BGT on my not-so-new laptop and had some issues installing the spanish version of SCS v12 under windows 7. Weidu was giving me some parsing errors due to missing tildes (~). Not being able to edit as an administrator really bugged me, though. There were something like 3 or 4 missing tildes. If anyone needs the spanish.tra file, let me know.

EDIT: I just read Inmortality's post down there, so spanish-speakin players can get the spanish.tra file there.

Hello again,

I finally installed BGT on my not-so-new laptop and had some issues installing the spanish version of SCS v12 under windows 7. Weidu was giving me some parsing errors due to missing tildes (~). Not being able to edit as an administrator really bugged me, though. There were something like 3 or 4 missing tildes. If anyone needs the spanish.tra file, let me know.

EDIT: I just read Inmortality's post down there, so spanish-speakin players can get the spanish.tra file there.

Better is, if we give the Spanish gamers the link of the post which you mentioned:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=17422

Greetings Leomar

A german gamer reported that Daese.cre from Improved Balduran's Isle didn't shapeshift into a Wolfwere. My explanation was that it was probably a hangup of Daese.bcs, which wouldn't remove her MinHP item.

Moreover as I was looking at that component, I noticed that you simply compile the replacement for the original Daese.bcs. I know that it doesn't cause any problems with mods at the moment, but any changes of future mods will be overridden by that compile if they're installed before SCS.

Additionally it seems a bit redundant to assign Daese.bcs to her Override script slot when it's already assigned to her Race script slot.

10th

A german gamer reported that Daese.cre from Improved Balduran's Isle didn't shapeshift into a Wolfwere. My explanation was that it was probably a hangup of Daese.bcs, which wouldn't remove her MinHP item.

I don't see how: she's scripted to transform at 25% hit points. Mod clash, local glitch, or not doing enough damage, at a guess.

Moreover as I was looking at that component, I noticed that you simply compile the replacement for the original Daese.bcs. I know that it doesn't cause any problems with mods at the moment, but any changes of future mods will be overridden by that compile if they're installed before SCS.

This is deliberate. At the moment, DAESE.BCS has combat-script content, I need to wipe that content. If something else adds to DAESE.BCS I can't anticipate how it does it, so it's safer just to block it.

Additionally it seems a bit redundant to assign Daese.bcs to her Override script slot when it's already assigned to her Race script slot.

It goes into the override slot so as to be before her mage combat script, which goes into the Class slot. The redundant extra DAESE in the Race slot is due to small BGT/Tutu discrepancies, I think, and is harmless.

Guest temujin_

a few more behind-the-scenes issues:

1. scs/help/help.tph

COPY ~override/dw#help.bcs~ ~override/dw#carrif.bcs~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~777~ ~77~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~888~ ~87~

carrion crawler script filename dw#carrif too long (more than 8 characters). should probably be dw#carrf instead because that's the name being referenced in other files (%tutu_var%carrio.cre for example).

2. scs/misc/spider.tph

COMPILE ~scs/scriptmisc/dw#web.baf~   // line 12

missing EVALUATE_BUFFER, otherwise the variable %CloakwoodNestSpiderNest% will not be evaluated.

(on a sidenote, in SCSII (scsII/misc/dw#web.baf), the cloakwood spider nest area is being called directly by its tutu name (FW2101) instead of %CloakwoodNestSpiderNest%)

3. scs/mage/prepblocks/potion.ssl

GiveItemCreate("%tutu_var%dw#exhe",Myself,0,0,0)  // DWEXHE	 // line 31

typo in potion name. should be either "%tutu_var%dwexhe" or simply "dw#exhen" as those are the only ones that refer to Potion of Extra Healing.

4. scs/priest/dw#iron.spl

this spell is being called in a few scripts (scs/priest/dw#priestprep.baf and scs/sirdry/hamaprep.baf) but never actually gets copied over into the game.

5. scs/potion/potion.tph

COPY_EXISTING
~%tutu_var%zargal.cre~ ~override~
ADD_CRE_ITEM ~_potn08~ #2 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ ~QITEM1~

i mentioned this sometime back but here it is again just in case. _potn08 should be replaced with %tutu_var%potn08.

6. scs/mage/scripts/andris.baf

IF
See([PC])
NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	StartDialog("_ANDRIS",[PC])
END

_ANDRIS --> %tutu_var%ANDRIS.

7. scs/priest/scripts/x#andart.baf

CreateCreature("_WOLFDR",[-1.-1],0) // Dread Wolf
CreateCreature("_WOLFDR",[-1.-1],0) // Dread Wolf

missing %tutu_var%

8. scs/endbattle/dw#angar.itm

item contains a 'play sound' effect that links to a tutu resource (_EFF_M10.WAV). should be EFF_M10 instead for bgt.

9. scs/kobold/dw#kobsp.baf

there are 9 instances of ChangeAIScript("None",OVERRIDE) - i think the word 'None' isn't really necessary, as NI looks for None.bcs and complains it doesn't exist. it could probably be changed to simply ChangeAIScript("",OVERRIDE)

10. just so David doesn't forget, there are still a few creatures (dw#diarm.cre, dw#kbach.cre, dw#kobch.cre) that use tutu items in their inventory. kinda ruins the experience to see Diarmid running around barefisted with no armor and no weapons in the final battle. there are also a few that are assigned nonexistent tutu class & race scripts. i guess a couple of those 2DA files need to be evaluated...

11. Diarmid wears a nonexistent ring - dw#diarm.itm. Nonexistent because the item never gets copied (from scs/endbattle/dw#diarm.itm)

12. there were also references to _sw1h01.spl, _ax1h01.spl, _blun01.spl, _blun04.spl, _hamm01.spl, _sw1h04.spl, _sw1h08.spl, cdbreak1.spl, cdbreak6.spl, cdbreak9.spl, cddelhlm.itm which were exclusively tutu-only. (maybe the simplest way to fix it is to include all these resources as part of SCS? )

Hi DavidW!

A couple of issues I met in my BGT game:

1) Sometimes spells would be cast through walls (one of the two occasions was the Ogre Magi you find down in the cloakwood mines)

2) Sometimes hostile NPCs disappear by taking a close exit from a nearby room despite a wall being in between

For all the rest, I have been enjoying it immensly!

Thanks! ???

Hi DavidW!

1) Sometimes spells would be cast through walls (one of the two occasions was the Ogre Magi you find down in the cloakwood mines)

2) Sometimes hostile NPCs disappear by taking a close exit from a nearby room despite a wall being in between

In the second case at least, there's nothing I can do about it - blame the vanilla game's pathfinding. In the first, I'd need to know more details, it may or may not be an unfixable vanilla-game issue.

Hi DavidW!

In the second case at least, there's nothing I can do about it - blame the vanilla game's pathfinding. In the first, I'd need to know more details, it may or may not be an unfixable vanilla-game issue.

Yes, I thought it might be an issue with the game's pathfinding. Still, it never happened without SCS before and I'd guess it didn't because the scripts were so basic that didn't include running away from areas.

About the first case instead, it happened only two times during my gameplay and I can hardly give more details since I had to stop my playing session and my memory just sucks. I just wonder whether anybody else reported something similar before?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7fovdm

SCS1 translation updated. SCS2 is in progress, maybe tomorrow it'll be done. Dunno why, but you didn't updated my earlier translation of SCS2 (difference of 20kb of text) but I hope when I'll translate both of them, everything 'll be fine.

Either because I didn't get it before the last version came out or I got it sufficiently long before I released the last version that I forgot about it. Either way, happy to include it, but probably I won't have a chance to sort this out until the holidays.

Archived