About prebluff option 3

DrAzTiK

I 'am in TOB and in my game (Option 3: Mages never cast spells instantly ), I noticed that all mage have some prebluff protections like Stoneskin but also 2, 3 or 4 protection from elements :

- protection from fire

- protection from cold

- protection from energy

- protection from electricity

- protection from acid

- Protection From Magic Energy

Protection from magic Energy appears each time, surely to prevent Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting ^^.

I am in TOB,(ascension installed) and I don't remenber if it was same in SOA.

I don't find it shocking, I just want to know if it is normal. (no a bug?) coz readme says that only spells with a duration of more than a couple of hours (e.g. Stoneskin, Melf's Minute Meteors) are always used. (even in option3)

Futhermore, this prebluff protections are not always posted up. (even Stoneskin and Melf's Minute Meteors). So maybe all protections from elements are used by ennemy mages...

I 'am in TOB and in my game (Option 3: Mages never cast spells instantly ), I noticed that all mage have some prebluff protections like Stoneskin but also 2, 3 or 4 protection from elements :

- protection from fire

- protection from cold

- protection from energy

- protection from electricity

- protection from acid

- Protection From Magic Energy

Protection from magic Energy appears each time, surely to prevent Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting ^^.

I am in TOB,(ascension installed) and I don't remenber if it was same in SOA.

I don't find it shocking, I just want to know if it is normal. (no a bug?) coz readme says that only spells with a duration of more than a couple of hours (e.g. Stoneskin, Melf's Minute Meteors) are always used. (even in option3)

The duration of these protection spells is one turn per level. So by 12th level, that's "a couple of hours" (1 turn=10 minutes game time).

Futhermore, this prebluff protections are not always posted up. (even Stoneskin and Melf's Minute Meteors). So maybe all protections from elements are used by ennemy mages...

No, only some (it's random which ones). Though pro/magic energy is pretty much always there, for exactly the reason you suggest.

Thanks for your answer. :p

No, only some (it's random which ones). Though pro/magic energy is pretty much always there, for exactly the reason you suggest.

And for Stone Skin and Melf's Minute Meteor ?? Coz it seems they are not always posted up sometimes.

Thanks for your answer. :p

And for Stone Skin and Melf's Minute Meteor ?? Coz it seems they are not always posted up sometimes.

They're always there; I don't know why it doesn't always post.

Can you say me David how works exactly composent 2 for mage and priest. In my game, it's seems to be random : mages who prebuff don't do it sometimes especially when I reload.

Basically, on option 2 if a mage sees an enemy the first time that they run their script (i.e., usually, if they're created in sight of an enemy), they buff. (It isn't, for various reasons, perfect.)

Archived