Which spell is: WIZARD_DELETED

Guest seismo

Guest seismo

Hi,

i just found the spell identifier: WIZARD_DELETED in a mage script. I searched but did not found out wich spell this is.

The script code is:

IF
ActionListEmpty()
OR(4)
	See(NearestEnemyOfType([0.0.0.LONG_BOW]))
	See(NearestEnemyOfType([0.0.0.CLERIC_ALL]))
	See(NearestEnemyOfType([0.0.0.BARD_ALL]))
	See(NearestEnemyOfType([0.0.0.DRUID_ALL]))
HaveSpell(WIZARD_DELETED)
!HasBounceEffects(Myself)
!HasImmunityEffects(Myself)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	Spell(Myself,WIZARD_DELETED)
END

so it seems to me that there has to be such spell.

Guest seismo
i just found the spell identifier: WIZARD_DELETED in a mage script. [...] so it seems to me that there has to be such spell.

I don't think there has to be such a spell, so much as there has to be an entry for it in SPELL.ids... and in fact, there is: SPWI801.spl.

http://iesdp.gibberlings3.net/files/ids/bg2/spell.htm

Yes, i found this entry but i could not identify this spell. What does the charakter if:

spell(myself,WIZARD_DELETED)

is executed?

Nothing, there's no .spl file for it. It was almost certainly the first incarnation of Spell Shield, though. It's also one of the spells that the executable deletes from imported or BG2 -> ToB transitioning characters, unless you tamper with it.

It likely wasn't WIZARD_DELETED when the script was written. It probably never occurred to anybody to check the scripts after the spell was permanently banished from the game.

The IDS file would have been updated after the fact, so it now decompiles as WIZARD_DELETED, and we're left to guess what originally would have been SPWI801.

Guest seismo
It likely wasn't WIZARD_DELETED when the script was written. It probably never occurred to anybody to check the scripts after the spell was permanently banished from the game.

The IDS file would have been updated after the fact, so it now decompiles as WIZARD_DELETED, and we're left to guess what originally would have been SPWI801.

Ok, so if HaveSpell(WIZARD_DELETED) will never be true, i can delete the above posted script block from the whole script without any effect?

It might have been Spell Shield (or an unimplemented variety thereof) since its icon reference is SPWI801A.BAM.

The answer apparently is "the spell doesn't exist" - I don't class this as worthy of being noted in the IESDP as a) it's obvious, and b) a walking, talking solid gold dishwasher doesn't exist and that doesn't warrent inclusion either.

Archived