Said the wrong thing and lost my paladin... MoTB ending

First of all, thank you for this great mod ! I thoroughly enjoyed the OC campaign, romancing the not-so-silent Casavir, and it was with real sadness that I let him go at the end. I cruised through MoTB hoping to get reunited with him for the epilogue and then... I must have said something I shouldn't have to Gann, because I ended up with him instead of the paladin I was longing for...

I guess it happened at the Betrayer's Gate, Gann talked to my PC and I answered pretty vague things, thinking I did not commit to anything... I had never flirted with him nor encouraged his attentions. Guess I was wrong. Anyway, my question is purely technical...

Is there any way I can alter a romance variable so that Gann does not think my PC is interested and I still get the Casavir ending ? Because of course I saved just after the portal... So I have no way to go back and correct my PC's intentions.

Thanks in advance !

Try accessing Gann's Flirt menue, and see if there is still option to tell him very specifically that he jhas the wrong idea and your character loves Casavir. Did you tell Jerro that you think Casavir is alive?

Well, I have 18 different alternatives in the Flirt option right now, and none of them seem to lead directly to the possibility of telling him that I am not interested... I can stop flirting, I think it is the "worst" I can do, besides telling him he's a toad.

As for Jerro, as he seemed quite happy to talk about it for a while, I answered both "you haven't seen the body" and "He's not dead, I would feel it !". But I also mourned and cried for the whole bunch of friends I lost...

Don't know if it helps... :p

Would it change something if I asked Safiya to get Casavir back in the team (I guess not !) ? Or if I did things that decreased Gann's loyalty ? (like defending the Wall rather than attempting to destroy it, if I remember well)

No, neither the influence, nor adding Casavir in will set the variable you need. What you need is to break up with Gann, I can't tell you the variable off hand, but I can look it up tomorrow, if Berelinde doesn't get there earlier, and set up the P#CasavirMotB Global value to 1.

Guest AndreeaA

Sorry for posting this here, it may be off topic.

I'm at the beginning of MOTB right now and I wonder if I can summon companions from OC without jeopardize my chances to romance Gann. From what I understand the companions from OC are just for "extra muscle" and if you add them in the party nothing bad will happen.If you call Cas and tell him "Welcome, my love" and flirt a little with him this won't change anything, right? I wish to know which is the final choice moment for obtaining different endings with each of them.

Guest AndreeaA
Sorry for posting this here, it may be off topic.

I'm at the beginning of MOTB right now and I wonder if I can summon companions from OC without jeopardize my chances to romance Gann. From what I understand the companions from OC are just for "extra muscle" and if you add them in the party nothing bad will happen.If you call Cas and tell him "Welcome, my love" and flirt a little with him this won't change anything, right? I wish to know which is the final choice moment for obtaining different endings with each of them.

To be more clear, what I want is to play the MOTB with Bishop and Casavir in party, romancing Gann, and to save before the decisive moment and replay the final to see all ending possibilities. I know I want too much (an army of lovers!!! ) and I ask if that is possible.

Summoning the OC companions will not spoil your chances of Gann's romance, the little add-on that lets you do it is called "mule" for a reason. :blush: But if you romance Gann, you won't see Casavir's or Bishop's romantic endings in the MotB.

Guest AndreeaA
Summoning the OC companions will not spoil your chances of Gann's romance, the little add-on that lets you do it is called "mule" for a reason. :blush: But if you romance Gann, you won't see Casavir's or Bishop's romantic endings in the MotB.

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

I do not intend to romance Gann all the way, just until he ask me about my romantic past or something, when I want to save and try the 3 different versions. You tell me that I can't do that? That if I flirt whith Gann and catch the dreamer eye is no way back? In the OC I was able to romance Casavir and Bishop simultaneously until the wall scene (and I did that only too see the most of your work); there is no "wall-scene" in MOTB?

I've never romanced Gann, but as far as I know, there is really no big scene tied to anything. It is generally better to break up with him before you go through the Gate via the PID, as we have had reports of it not working if you did it during the going through the gate dialogue. You will also have to specify which male you were romancing in the OC in the convo with Ammon Jerro to establish which epilogue will appear.

Guest AndreeaA
I've never romanced Gann, but as far as I know, there is really no big scene tied to anything. It is generally better to break up with him before you go through the Gate via the PID, as we have had reports of it not working if you did it during the going through the gate dialogue. You will also have to specify which male you were romancing in the OC in the convo with Ammon Jerro to establish which epilogue will appear.

Thanks again, what you say it's almost what I've been thinking. I will play the game , carefully save often and I will see what comes out of it. MOTB is too dark and blurry for my taste at the moment and I didn't wanted to play it again and again for the endings, that's all.

And thank you for making Bishop what he is now. I remember how frustrated I was when I first played the game.

Guest Matilda

Wait, do you mean to say the KC can end up with Casavir at the end of MOTB??? Doh! I played MOTB last year (prior to Domi's mourning mod), devastated (well, not quite) by Ammon Jerro's claim that Casavir was dead. After finishing MOTB and promptly telling Gann to go away, I cursed incessantly at Obsidian and proceeded to bury MOTB somewhere in my office contented to play NWN2 again and again.

I'll give MOTB another try with the mods and put up with Gann just to get the ending my KC deserves. Thank you Berelinde and Domi. You sure know how to make a KC happy.

Archived