Uninstalling WeiDU mods? I feel dumb

Guest Frein

Guest Frein

So... I've been trying to figure out how to uninstall my WeiDU mods for quite some time now but there doesn't seem to be any instructions anywhere. The .exes only gve the option to re-install the mods in question, not uninstall.

I ran into a problem when I tried to install eSeries on top of SCSII and I assume I simply installed in the wrong order. Now I'd like to remove SCSII but the readme doesn't specify how to do it.

Please, someone help me out! :p

So... I've been trying to figure out how to uninstall my WeiDU mods for quite some time now but there doesn't seem to be any instructions anywhere. The .exes only gve the option to re-install the mods in question, not uninstall.

Running setup-modname.exe should give a message like this when encountering components that are already installed:

Install Component [name_of_component_here]?

[R]e-Install, [N]o Change or ninstall or [Q]uit?

Pick 'U'. If you are trying to uninstall everything from a multi-component mod, you could either do this, having to hit 'U' many times, or you could instead run the program with the following command-line options, to uninstall everything.

setup-modname.exe --uninstall --skip-at-view

And in the rare case you can't uninstall using the U(because of an error), you need to uninstall the game to uninstall the mod, also in that case remember to remove the game directory after you have uninstalled the game, as the mod files stay in the game folder.

Guest Frein

Thanks for the replies. There was no U option for SCSII when I first tried to uninstall it and I suspect it's because of my tinkering with the WeiDU log. I wasn't sure how the program managed mods so I tried to make it uninstall them that way.

I also solved the Widescreen mod issue by installing it after first running the game once with unmodded settings.

Archived