Branwen Ending.

Guest Finnegan

Guest Finnegan

[spoilerS]

Pardon me if this is a hugely, hugely cheeky question but, erm, would I be wise to make sure Branwen isn't carrying some of my best equipment? :blush:

I anticipated from the start of the romance that it would not end well and it's getting to that point now. I've just had the lovetalk that implies she wants to leave, to "flee you" so that she can return to being a priestess of Tempus and I got her to calm down and stay for now (albeit in seperate beds!)

Is she likely to leave in one of the next two lovetalks? Because it's probably not too late to go and pick up (and level up a bit) Viconia but Branwen has some very tasty gear on her.

Not unless you get the trigger for very high or very low reputation - she breaks up with you, but if I recall correctly she doesn't pull the whole "I'm Leaving FOREVAR!!!" thing based on the romance.

Guest Finnegan
Not unless you get the trigger for very high or very low reputation - she breaks up with you, but if I recall correctly she doesn't pull the whole "I'm Leaving FOREVAR!!!" thing based on the romance.

So teh sechs ends but the butt-whoopin' Cleric'in continues?

Fabulous.

By the by, I (in hindsight somewhat foolishly) set the romance counter to 30 minutes when I installed the mod and I get the feeling it's nearly done even though I'm still only doing the first lot of Baldur's Gate missions (I spent ages faffing around with the TotSC areas and general exploring) - once the Branwen romance ends will it be possible for me to start another, say the Dynaheir romance to pass the time as I play?

You play my kind of game - i tend to clear the map slowly and wring everything I can out of he added mods before Baldur's Gate, saving only a few select hilgh level things and Durlag's Tower for The Big City. There is so much to do there that I like to be systematic in my exploration :blush:

I have been successful in doing that "serila romance" thing if Branwen is Romance #1. You do miss some Dynaheor content and interjections, having cleared the maps, but it is still a full romance. A few others have reported completing that cycle as well, but I am not sure if it is possible if you have had both Branwen and Dynaheir do the whole "romance conflict and make a decision" thing (I think after they get mad and both agree to not see you any more, at which point they each [if I remember correctly] come by and ask what you feel about them). I will take a look tomorrow and see if I can get you the variables to check, and which ones to open up if it gets shut down somehow.

Guest Finnegan

Thanks, that'd really be appreciated. I tried to mess around with the CLUA console myself as a tester but I'm pretty awful at that sort of stuff and I never really understand it.

I have to be honest I find my enthusiasm waining a little bit having cleared Durlag's early and having rinsed the subquests. All I have left to do is the main plot and I reckon I can still get most of another romance done before then at the rate I play haha.

Oh and totally unrelated but while I have your attention - I tried to intsall the BG Fix Pack (the one with like seven different subpacks for SoA, ToB and TuTu) but it seems to have no effect. Mostly I did it to remove the XP cap and to have unlimited stacking (the amount of lots of 20 arrows I'm carrying is obsurd, haha) but alas. Do I have to start a new game for it to take effect or has it not installed correctly? (Or do you not know? =P)

Well, if you mean the BG Fixpack that is out for testing, I am not sure - plainab and that team is working through some stuff. I strongly suspect that you need to start a new game - none of the older Fix or Tweak packs edit savegames, so anything saved on the .cre or in already visited areas might not be updated. My rule of thumb is set up your install, lock it down when you are happy, and start a new game - and then when you want to change stuff, set up a parallel install and mess to your heart's content. But anything that adds or modifies dialog, i start a new game.

If you mean the BG2 Fixpack or the (obsolete, now moved into the BG2 Tweaks mod) Tutu TweakPack, you don't want to run them on your install at all. You can get that functionality from using EasyTutu (that incorporates all the relevant BGII fixes from Fixpack) and BG2 Tweaks (tweaks to the BG2 engine, not necessarily BGII - SoA; it works on Tutu, EasyTutu, BGII, and BGT).

But I suspect you mean the Tutu Fixpack. That one, I think you do have to start a new game to get the arrows, etc. It is fine to install. For the cmplete details, check out the Tutu State Of the Modding Union thread.

Let me know when you get Dy ready for romance, and I will run down the variables for you. We can whip through them together without a problem.

Archived