Recommended: Nalia as Thief and Viconia as Fighter-Cleric

Lemernis

For my current game I made some changes to Nalia and Viconia that I'm very pleased with.

PC - Kensai-Mage (hacked multiclass)

Nalia - Thief

Viconia - Fighter-Cleric

Kelsey

Ariena

Kido

I think these changes will be standard for my future games.

I particularly appreciate Viconia as a meleer. Even without using cleric buffs she becomes an excellent frontline tank (her high AC and magic resistance really helps). I have her dual-wielding scimitars. I'll eventually buy the strength belt at Adventurer's Mart for her.

Also, Nalia's entire personality just seems to come alive much better... and she does not feel nearly so annoying... when she is a full thief. The thief role seems more appropriate somehow to her 'slumming'.

The downside of making Nalia a full thief is that any conversations regarding her spellcasting ability (such as with Kelsey) then become immersion breaking. So I'm tempted to address this by using Shadowkeeper to give her a couple special ability spells: Knock and perhaps one other spell that is thieving related. The notion being that she learned a couple spells that help her fulfill the role of thief. This is an inconsequential cheat strictly for roleplaying purposes because those skills aren't really needed--the party's mages and sorcerers can easily provide those spells.

Edit: The selection of Innate special abilities doesn't include Knock, but I decided to give her

Infravision (x1)

Invisibility (x1)

Detect Invisibility (x1)

Charm (x1)

Luck (x1)

Re: the idea of giving (true class) thief-Nalia innate abilities to cast a few spells--never mind, apparently unless she has the wizard class, an innate ability to cast wizard spells won't show up in-game. Unless someone can advise how to do this with Shadowkeeper...
Well, you could have made her a wizard and enough experience to level up to level x and then just dual her into a thief. Or make a few innate spells from the regular spells(using different editor) and then give those to her.
Re: the idea of giving (true class) thief-Nalia innate abilities to cast a few spells--never mind, apparently unless she has the wizard class, an innate ability to cast wizard spells won't show up in-game. Unless someone can advise how to do this with Shadowkeeper...
Well, you could have made her a wizard and enough experience to level up to level x and then just dual her into a thief. Or make a few innate spells from the regular spells(using different editor) and then give those to her.

If I make her a wizard the game automatically starts her off at at level 7 though, right?* That wouldn't work well for me, because I don't want to have to start the game with her at Thief level 1. Not that I care about getting the wizard spells ever, really. I want to use her as a thief. But I would want to be able to have her start out at a thief level that matches the rest of the party.

If I'm following you here, I could CLUA her XP up to get her to a respectable Thief level. Ideally, I would only want her to have no more than 4 Mage levels, though.

I'd like to see her dual class flipped like that: Mage 4/dualed to Thief.

* Or actually I use BG2 Tweaks "ToB-Style NPCs" to have the NPCs level up to the party, since I typically play BG1 first.

I'd like to see her dual class flipped like that: Mage 4/dualed to Thief.
So you make her a mage with Level 1 NPCs... and cheat to set her enough XP to level up to 4th level, this is after the script runs that gives her the SoA XP, and then you level her up to the 4th level mage(10 000xp), and then dual her to thief at which poit she needs to have the 15 in Int and 17 in Dex, and then you set her enough xp to reach close to what she should have... 7th thief level for example is 40 000xp or 8th thief level is 70 000xp.

The console command for the first part is;

CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP("10000")

* Or actually I use BG2 Tweaks "ToB-Style NPCs" to have the NPCs level up to the party, since I typically play BG1 first.
That should never be used with the Level 1 NPCs, as it makes one of the L1NPC scripts to hang a while... just do not panic, is the best advice I can give, as it will get sorted in do time...

I'll use the mod bigg made in the future.

But currently I already have the game well underway with Nalia as I've described above, i.e., as Thief with Innate special abilities to cast some spells.

Shadowkeeper's list of Innate special abilities does not include all the spells I would have liked to give Nalia. (And some that are on the list don't show up in-game, eg, Sleep, Color Spray.) But if she is a Mage 4 then she'd have three level 1 spells and two level 2 spells. So from among the available spells in the Innate tab I gave her:

Charm Person x1

Infravision x1

Larloch's Minor Drain x1

Horror x1

Invisibility x1

Archived