I need an advice

Guest ipw.gibberli

Guest ipw.gibberli

Hello!

I'm new here. I've been browsing tons of forums for an idea of what to do. I was laid off from my job about 3 month ago. I've been looking for a job since then, but did not even get a single interview. I worked as a web designer for a publishing company for the last 5 years. Looks like forums.gibberlings3.net is an active forum with active members and may be someone has some experience working as a freelance web designer. May be "Noobermeet" category is not the most appropriate for this question, but I want to try anyways to get some opinions before I go ahead with my life. I'm wondering if it is possible in the current economy to find work for a freelance web designer and make enough to pay for rent and groceries. I was able to find a small project on craigslist and I developed a website for a company. It was a small project and took me only a week to complete. I got paid $800 for 1 week of work which is not bad. Please people give me some ideas. I have 2 kids and my wife is out of work as well. Thank you in advance.

One thing is certain: the economy needs help. A lot of help. You're out of work, and so are a lot of other people I know. I might be out of work myself, come June.

Unfortunately, I can't recommend anything, as I'm in a competely different line of work (chemisty, in my case).

Ordinarily, I'd say that this is a gaming site, and not one suited to the nature of your question, but times are tough. You put the question out there where people can see it, and maybe somebody will be able to help. In any case, Noobermeet is for anything not related to mods or modding, so this is as good a place to post as any.

Best of luck to you.

Hello!

I'm new here. I've been browsing tons of forums for an idea of what to do. I was laid off from my job about 3 month ago. I've been looking for a job since then, but did not even get a single interview. I worked as a web designer for a publishing company for the last 5 years. Looks like forums.gibberlings3.net is an active forum with active members and may be someone has some experience working as a freelance web designer. May be "Noobermeet" category is not the most appropriate for this question, but I want to try anyways to get some opinions before I go ahead with my life. I'm wondering if it is possible in the current economy to find work for a freelance web designer and make enough to pay for rent and groceries. I was able to find a small project on craigslist and I developed a website for a company. It was a small project and took me only a week to complete. I got paid $800 for 1 week of work which is not bad. Please people give me some ideas. I have 2 kids and my wife is out of work as well. Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I would suggest visiting servana (a community of freelancers and entrepreneurs) from which many have already benefited for free. Credible IMO, the search feature for local, regional or state wise talent is completely free. Check out my signature, hopefully it would help.

Archived