Lorraine bug (*spoiler warning*)

Guest Cilveran

Guest Cilveran

Hi!

Lorraine took the soul gem of her son from me, and then refused to talk to me. She was still logged as an open quest in my journal.

After pickpocketing her for all she had, I found she didn't have the soul gem either. Finally I took opened shadowkeeper and easily found the soul gem in that list (btw for some reason I got 9999 of them without selecting quantity, and they each weigh 1 pound :blush: )

Anyway, that enabled me to finish the quest, but what kind of quest reward is "2000 exp" ? I can get basically that same amount from lockpicking, trapdisabling or memorizing a 2nd level spell.....

One last thing. In this whole mess I decided to sleep outside Ymmyrt's House, and 4 of his household guards showed up (this was after Ymmyrt's death).

They wouldn't talk to me and weren't hostile, but hey, Keldorn's detect evil got positive results. Naturally I slept 10-15 times more and killed them all. They were each worth 974 exp ^^

Suggest maybe disabling this "interrupted rest" after Ymmyrt's death?

Hi!

Lorraine took the soul gem of her son from me, and then refused to talk to me. She was still logged as an open quest in my journal.

After pickpocketing her for all she had, I found she didn't have the soul gem either. Finally I took opened shadowkeeper and easily found the soul gem in that list (btw for some reason I got 9999 of them without selecting quantity, and they each weigh 1 pound :blush: )

After Ymmyrt is dead Lorraine is supposed to walk to the machine in the laboratory and use it to free her son. Maybe that action was interrupted somehow? Or did Ymmyrt's nishru steal the gem for her during the battle? I don't think that I have scripted anything for her to do if she loses the gem.

Anyway, that enabled me to finish the quest, but what kind of quest reward is "2000 exp" ? I can get basically that same amount from lockpicking, trapdisabling or memorizing a 2nd level spell.....

It's a pretty easy quest that gets done almost on it's own while you are doing the main quest. But, I admit that I just pulled that figure out of my hat. What amout of exp you think would be good?

One last thing. In this whole mess I decided to sleep outside Ymmyrt's House, and 4 of his household guards showed up (this was after Ymmyrt's death).

They wouldn't talk to me and weren't hostile, but hey, Keldorn's detect evil got positive results. Naturally I slept 10-15 times more and killed them all. They were each worth 974 exp ^^

Suggest maybe disabling this "interrupted rest" after Ymmyrt's death?

You're right, the guards shouldn't appear after Ymmyrt is dead.

Guest Cilveran

Great to see you replying to my post :)

I've been away on easter holiday, and just got in the door.

Anyway, I can't recall anything happening to her during the battle, but honestly, I wasn't really paying any attention. As I recall Ymmyrt died very quickly, and I can't even remember if Lorraine was involved or not at all. She just moved off to the opposite side of the room from the machine and stood there.

The reward for the quest is a very minor point of annoyance. I guess it was mostly just the fact that I had to spend quite a while fixing the problem that got me annoyed when all I got for my hour's worth of surfing the net and reloading etc, was 2000 exp :)

However, I did choose not to kill her, and that should most likely be worth more than 2000 exp, as you get that amount for much less difficult creatures.

Thanks for listening!

Best regards

Cilveran

Archived