installing

after installing SoZ i understand i need to install again the mod.

i don't remember : i need to install fpvi direclty into

Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\override

or in the override i create a new folder called

C:\Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\override\FP_v1

like this

my dumb question is 'cause i remember that in BG2 it was directly into the override so me confused

the same question goes for the music pack

another Q abt installing.. do I need 1.21 patch? Im currently on 1.1 and I don't want to use all my bandwidth downloading new patch...

*EDIT: another quick question. I've played through Bishop romance once previously. Can I start from MotB or do I have to start game from the beginning to see Bishop's ending (MotB)?

Yes, you'll need to install the mod again, but since you're just extracting (unzipping) it in the override, this shouldn't be too much of a headache.

Edit: Oops, didn't read your question with enough attention to detail. Anywhere in the override should be fine. NWN2 isn't fussy about folder placement within the directory, completely unlike BG2.

To be perfectly honest, any testing I did on the Romance Pack was done using patch 1.12, so I don't see that this will be a problem. Other testers used SoZ with patch 1.21, so that works, too.

If you want the ending with Bishop, you should be all right just starting at MotB.

Yes, you'll need to install the mod again, but since you're just extracting (unzipping) it in the override, this shouldn't be too much of a headache.

Edit: Oops, didn't read your question with enough attention to detail. Anywhere in the override should be fine. NWN2 isn't fussy about folder placement within the directory, completely unlike BG2.

that explains it, i wasn't sure where to extract it, finally put it in FP_v1 and started to play and then when casavir joined i got the flirt menu and the first 2 LT's you described here :)

but now i have another question:

the flirts with casavir disappeared. i had the flirt option when he joined, but later i only got the 'can we talk option'.

now i in the part when bishop joins and there are no flirt options from both of them.

when i go back to the earlier save when casavir joins, i can see the flirts but not in the later saves. i wonder why?:)

If you chose the "can we talk" option with Casavir, you'll get an opportunity to apologize to him. Do that, and you'll get your lovetalks and flirt options again. Unfortunately, I made a coding error in the alpha. The playtesters caught it and I fixed it, but it does not appear to have "stayed fixed". Fortunately, you can restart easily, especially if you're still in Act 1.

As for Bishop, you won't get the chance to flirt with him at all until Act 2. This is normal.

If you chose the "can we talk" option with Casavir, you'll get an opportunity to apologize to him. Do that, and you'll get your lovetalks and flirt options again. Unfortunately, I made a coding error in the alpha. The playtesters caught it and I fixed it, but it does not appear to have "stayed fixed". Fortunately, you can restart easily, especially if you're still in Act 1.

i apologized (i didn't remember how i offended him, but my CN character must said sthg bad :) ) and now i got back the flirts :)

As for Bishop, you won't get the chance to flirt with him at all until Act 2. This is normal.

so bishop is a bit more restrained with his LT's? good to know, i'll wait to charpter 2. :D

thanks for the quick answer Berelinde!

Just to make sure we're clear on this, it wasn't anything your character said. It was a coding error I made. Sometimes, it shuts off the romance accidentally, sometimes, it doesn't, but it's definitely not the result of anything you said in dialogue.

But yeah, I'm thinking that your CN character isn't really going to warm to Casavir in the longterm, though, unless she's fascinated by the idea of luring the righteous into temptation. So much fun, that... :)

ah, sorry now i read your prev. post again attentively and seen that you actually explained it before :D

as about casavir and a cn char - i am not CN anymore : the game made me CG!!! :) - but i swear i won't leave it like this! it'll change soon :)

Archived