Khalid and Jahi vs Xzar and Monty

Guest SirLancelot

Guest SirLancelot

I don´t know if it´s a BGTutu issue, but Khalid and Jahi vs Xzar and Monty never happen since i installed tutu and BG1NPC

Could anyone give me a clue about it?

Honestly - I do not know. In V6 I did not include the component which attempted to stop the BioWARE talks from repeating. BioWARE coded the Bg1 talks as random occurences and as far as I can tell they are a mix-and-match of lines with a variable outcomes... so er... not sure. If you have cheats installed, try to Ctrl+I and see if the quarel is coming up after a while of clicking.

Weird!!!! Horrible!! :):( :(

After 30-40r ctrl+i attempts....i report.. one of the followings things occur. I don´t know how it works, and if it´s randomly or not:

1. A BG1NPC banter begins without any further problems.

2. A NPC from the party look towards another one and nothing happens. (it seems that he or she is trying to initiate a dialogue but can´t do it)

3. A BG1NPC banter or BG1 banter begins and then turns into an original BG1 one, but in a weird form!

I include here, the banter that should probably end in Jahi and Khalid vs Xzar and Monty quarry if it would work properly....because the only thing i have noticed then is my losing of control over the NPCs. They do nothing when the banter ends. No rumble at all.

4. An original BG1 banter begins...but it only launches a single phrase, and they are always the same ones: Xzar says..."C'mon Montaron, lighten up. Must you be so moody all the time?" or ..."HaHAR there Montaron! Quite the fight, eh chum!" or

..."Tell us a story, Monty. Something with bears and gold"

5. One member of the party say something voiced without prompting a window. (so no banter begins)

ps: I have checked out ctrl+i after assemble Jahi, Khalid, Xza and Monty in Friendly Arm Inn, and also carrying them after clean bandits camp (chapter 4) The both consequences pressing ctrl+i were very similar, althought i noticed less B1 original banters appearing.

Guest SirLancelot

Before v6 was released, i had installed v5. When v6 was available, i downloaded it and then reinstalled the mod.

Maybe i should use uninstall and install options instead of reinstall?

OK, on clean install of TUTU and V6 I can see the Jaheira-Xzar dialogue

"Do you claim to fight evil when you are diabolic yourself"

Xzar: "Why must you goad us..."

In some cases as per Bio it ends there, in some cases (randomly) it goes to:

Jah: I know not your goals... etc

Xzar: I begin to see your true nature...

At which point the fouresome goes purple and nothing happens (no fight)...

Once I uninstalled BG1NPC and run clean TUTU: I can get the banter between Khalid and Montaron starting with:

Khalid: Usually everyone proves themselves...

Montaron Do not make light of me! ...

Khalid: I had though none could be...

Montaron: I have suffered yer company....

at which point the foresome goes purple and... guess what - nothing happens.

My conclusions:

1) Indeed, my lame introduction of GLOBALs in V5 disrupted the flow of BioWARE dialogues.

2) On clean install of TUTU+ fix 4+ and V6 the BioWARE dialogue proceed as normal, but fighting script and return to the party are not working properly.

3) On TUTU clean install + fix V4 BioWARE dialogue proceed as normal, but fighting script and return to the party are not working properly

At which point I guess we need to contact TUTU team and ask if that has been a known bug?

Sir, I think that for now you are better off with what you have, untill the issue is not resolved, because once these guys stuck in "purple" mode they are stuck... I was unable to return them to "green" status by:

- killing their opponents,

- kicking out and rejoining them...

I have unistalled and then reinstalled BG1NPC components with install weidu feature. I suppose it was unncessary, but it's harmless

Thank you very much for your efforts, Domi :)

Heh, after reading the post you have linked here, now i´m wonder if Tutu could suffer the same problem in all fights BG1 has between party NPC´s .

I´m going to check the scripts by myself and see if simply deleting MakeUnselectable(19) resolves the issue. :)

I´ll report what happens both here and in Tutu threads.

Guest SirLancelot
Once I uninstalled BG1NPC and run clean TUTU: I can get the banter between Khalid and Montaron starting with:

Khalid: Usually everyone proves themselves...

Montaron Do not make light of me! ...

Khalid: I had though none could be...

Montaron: I have suffered yer company....

So this banter doesn´t arise in BG1NPC v6, does it? Maybe some BG1 original banters still remain inhibited from v5 ¿?

Yes, the variables set by V5 install still keep it from proceeding, and I'd suggest that you keep it that way, otherwise you are risquing to be stuck with the party members in comatoze purple condition. Once TUTU guys fix the fights, you'd want to do is to have "virginal" TUTU (ie deleted WeiDU.log, deleted and subsequently replaced by "clean" override and dialogue.tlk) after which you can safely install V6.

Archived