Have you changed the conditions Last love talk Bishop/getting him to stay?

Guest Bite

When I played the bishop romance before it wasn`t alignment restricted. I played as a neutral good Druid and I got the last talk and got him to stay. But now with the romance pack it doesn`t work anymore. I have a save with my druid from before meeting Garius that worked fine with the Bishop Romance but it doesn`t work with the romance pack. Have you changed it?It says somewhere on the forum that its alignment restricted, but it wasn`t before.

There must be something else wrong if you haven`t changed it.

I read in the forum that someone deleted a file and then got it working.

posted by Erdbeere Mar 15 2009, 07:22 AM

I was finally able to get the additional OC dialogue which ends up with Bishop actually rejoining the party before fighting Garius. What I did was delete (well just move elsewhere, really) the 3430_cs_enter.dlg file from Casavir's romance folder. I noticed it existed twice and thought maybe the game is loading the wrong one. Granted I don't have that much of a clue so I'm not sure that's what happened, but... it worked, anyway.

Oh, gah. That's a problem. It means you'll have to choose between getting Casavir's LT or getting Bishop's. If you want to get Bishop's, delete the one in the Casavir folder. If you want to get Casavir's (understanding that Bishop won't walk away from Garius if you do that), then delete the other.

Ok, thanks, I think...

Sorry for writing the same thing twice:)

But it was really bugging me, especially the part about it being alignment restricted because I knew it wasn`t before.

Thanks for a great mod by the way!

That's a problem. It means you'll have to choose between getting Casavir's LT or getting Bishop's.

So does that mean that without deleting one of these we will get neither talk no matter what? Because I love Bishop, but my friend playing loves Casavir. Could there be a fix made for this? And if not would it work to remove the Casavir file when I play that part of the game, but then put the file back after I am done and remove the Bishop file when she plays that part? Because it would make me very sad to not be able to see these...

Thanks for your time.

That's a problem. It means you'll have to choose between getting Casavir's LT or getting Bishop's.

So does that mean that without deleting one of these we will get neither talk no matter what? Because I love Bishop, but my friend playing loves Casavir. Could there be a fix made for this? And if not would it work to remove the Casavir file when I play that part of the game, but then put the file back after I am done and remove the Bishop file when she plays that part? Because it would make me very sad to not be able to see these...

Thanks for your time.

Sure, I can fix this, but I can't do it now. I have to rebuild the cutscene, and that takes forever, and time isn't something I have a lot of right now.

There's nothing stopping you from swapping files, though. It would work quite well, really. Just make sure that you do it before you enter the area, because that's when the dialogues load.

Thanks for your time.

Sure, I can fix this, but I can't do it now. I have to rebuild the cutscene, and that takes forever, and time isn't something I have a lot of right now.

There's nothing stopping you from swapping files, though. It would work quite well, really. Just make sure that you do it before you enter the area, because that's when the dialogues load.

Ok, which area do I need to switch files out before, and which files do I need to switch out, alternatively so I will be able to get Bishop's talk, and then put that file back and take out the file that my friend will need to have removed to get Casavir's talk. Thanks for your help, and especially this mod.

Archived