Beta testing... the iwd_in_bg2-v1.exe

I'm installing now, using Windows XP sp3, with the games in f:\games\(BG2 and IWD1). I had to move them from f:\black isle\(BG2 and IWD1). I was taken a little off guard, assuming the install would be like BGT, and require the BG2 game (install or clone). At least this thread is helping me get it in...

Looks like it finished installing -- after only ten minutes...

It's actually very BGT like. Now, the ten minute marker is ok with the second faze of the installation where the BG2 and IwD info are combined by the setup-iwd_to_bg2.exe, but the first faze(iwd_in_bg2-v1.exe) toke about an hour, as it copies both BG2 and IwD info to create new game folder where the setup-iwd_to_bg2.exe is used.

Yeah, that's a way in which it's more like TUTU than BGT - I don't want to wreck your existing BG2 install (not least because I don't want to build an uninstaller). The other thing that takes time is creating the animations - that's something TUTU/BGT don't have to worry about.

@yarpen: can I confirm you're not using directories with spaces in?

BTW, while I remember: I think a couple of people said that setup-ice_tutu_tweaks.exe was missing. Are you sure it's not setup-iwd_in_bg2 that was missing? (The latter is created by the batch file, but the former should just be packaged up with the download.)

for two different installs on two different pc's, setup-ice_tutu_tweaks.exe was missing.

That's surreal. The download contains two folders (IWD-in-BG2 and ice_tutu_tweaks) and one executable (ice_tutu_tweaks). I've just checked, and all three are there (try installing somewhere random and escaping out of the script). I've no idea at all how that could be happening - try doing a search in case it turned up somewhere else.

@ DavidW - I have setup-ice_tutu_tweaks.exe in my install, so at least you've no problems from me.

Had to kill the install last night after nearly three hours. Turns out I had seven Windows Updates hogging up system memory which made the install really, really sluggish. I'll try again later today.

It did, however, allow me to catch five error flags in the [compile dialog and script files] installation. They are:

[DFENGALA.d] line 68 -- GlobaGT instead of GlobalGT

[EEPOMABS.baf] line 7 -- [ForceSpell] argument [iNNATE_POMABS_IMAGES] not found in [sPELL.ids]

[AR9502.baf] line 7 -- [start Music] argument [DAY] not found in [MUSICS.ids]

[AR9502.baf] line 18 -- [start Music] argument [MISC0] not found in [MUSICS.ids]

[sEDJINNI.baf] line 21 -- [ForceSpell] argument [CLERIC_WHIRLWIND] not found in [sPELL.ids]

I'll fix the Fengala dialog. The other four I'll look into closer for spelling just in case...

@ DavidW - I have setup-ice_tutu_tweaks.exe in my install, so at least you've no problems from me.

Had to kill the install last night after nearly three hours. Turns out I had seven Windows Updates hogging up system memory which made the install really, really sluggish. I'll try again later today.

It did, however, allow me to catch five error flags in the [compile dialog and script files] installation. They are:

[DFENGALA.d] line 68 -- GlobaGT instead of GlobalGT

[EEPOMABS.baf] line 7 -- [ForceSpell] argument [iNNATE_POMABS_IMAGES] not found in [sPELL.ids]

[AR9502.baf] line 7 -- [start Music] argument [DAY] not found in [MUSICS.ids]

[AR9502.baf] line 18 -- [start Music] argument [MISC0] not found in [MUSICS.ids]

[sEDJINNI.baf] line 21 -- [ForceSpell] argument [CLERIC_WHIRLWIND] not found in [sPELL.ids]

I'll fix the Fengala dialog. The other four I'll look into closer for spelling just in case...

Thanks. I'm a little puzzled as to how the DFENGLA error can have occurred - I'll look into it. The other four errors are known and believed harmless (more accurately: I know for sure that the POMABS_IMAGES and WHIRLWIND errors are harmless; the others have something to do with music playing in one particular area but I need to investigate in more detail before I know how to fix it). In any case, ignore them for now.

for two different installs on two different pc's, setup-ice_tutu_tweaks.exe was missing.

That's surreal. The download contains two folders (IWD-in-BG2 and ice_tutu_tweaks) and one executable (ice_tutu_tweaks). I've just checked, and all three are there (try installing somewhere random and escaping out of the script). I've no idea at all how that could be happening - try doing a search in case it turned up somewhere else.

nope, third install also produced no .exe for the tweaks although the install file has it and the two folders. another question, is a katana a katana or a long sword, NI says they are long swords so do I need proficiencies in long swords or katanas and, are there any katanas in the game?

nope, third install also produced no .exe for the tweaks although the install file has it and the two folders. another question, is a katana a katana or a long sword, NI says they are long swords so do I need proficiencies in long swords or katanas and, are there any katanas in the game?

As far as I know, no. This is one of these things that could be modded in on top of a base install once it's stable, much like tutu.

There is a horrible green line on my interface... after using the Widescreen mod to enlarge the view to 1920x1200. :)

baldr000.jpg Can this be somehow fixed?

And as you should be able to see, the hand icon is in every one of the weapon slots, I haven't tried this for so long as to test the fighting... or the tweak pack.

As I looked at the process, the installation actually installs the setup-g3daletweaks in to the game folder where the Icewind Dale is... so it's a bit unusual. I know it might be wanted and needed process, but you should warn us...

There is a horrible green line on my interface... after using the Widescreen mod to enlarge the view to 1920x1200. :) Can this be somehow fixed?

The Widescreen mod isn't currently compatible with IWD-in-BG2. Chase TheBigg if you want compatibility, I guess. I've tested the conversion in 800x600 and 1024x768, so try one of those. I don't know for sure whether the fists in your icon slots are related to this, but I wouldn't be surprised, since it works fine at those resolutions.

As I looked at the process, the installation actually installs the setup-g3daletweaks in to the game folder where the Icewind Dale is... so it's a bit unusual.

Intended behaviour. (It's the IWD fixpack being installed)

I know it might be wanted and needed process, but you should warn us...

Well, it's tricky to know in advance what things people want to know about, but sure, I can add a note.

Uhm, sorry. There are no spaces. I've got three directories - BG2, IWD and IWD@BG2, they're on one partition, even in one folder so I don't think that's the matter of directories.

Okay, so much for that possibility. (I assume the directory doesn't have spaces in - it's not "C:\Program Files" or suchlike"?) Just in case, can you tell me the full path to your IWD directory?

Looking at your screen capture, it looks as if the resources aren't being copied over correctly by the batch file. Try uninstalling setup-iwd-in-bg2.exe, then opening a command window, navigating to the conversion home folder, and entering "iwd-in-bg2\get-iwd-resources.bat".

What should happen is that it churns for about half an hour and copies over lots and lots of resources. In particular, iwd-in-bg2\override, iwd-in-bg2\real_override, iwd-in-bg2\spl, etc, should be absolutely full of files.

If this happens, try running setup-iwd-in-bg2.exe again. If not, then something's going wrong with the batch file. Let me know.

Archived