Beta testing... the iwd_in_bg2-v1.exe

D:\Gry\IWD@BG2\IWD1

Hm. I've tried it two times. And nuttin'. I will try to do that what you said.

Uhm, and one think - at start of getting IWD resources I've got few errors about hmm... damn. "Couldn't find directory" :/

Uhm, sorry. There are nor spaces. I've got three directories - BG2, IWD and IWD@BG2, they're on one partition, even in one folder so I don't think that's the matter of directories.

Its the "@" thats probably screwing it up. If I remember correctly DOS does not allow those types of special characters.

It's not working.

At first I've spotted installer incompatibility with international Infinity games. There were no changes in DialogF.tlk, file made up for female characters - in some languages sex is more complicated to stress, tokens aren't accurate, that's why we have additional dialogF.tlk which is a duplicate of dialog.tlk but with strings for girlies. ;-)

At screen it's already "fixed" by removing possibility of having strings for female - by copying instead of this dialog.tlk .

But still, I cannot install conversion.

I've installed IWD it in proper directory: D:\Gry\IWDTuTu\IWDTuTu

njuerr.th.jpg

So I went back to none Widescreen modded game because of the green line...

I don't know for sure whether the fists in your icon slots are related to this, but I wouldn't be surprised, since it works fine at those resolutions.
The empty fists are still there, I would assume them to be there cause the warriors other hands are empty/unusable weapon in the hand, and so the fist icon is there. By the way, my character(Eloise) 'throw' a arrow and killed an enemy with 10 damage. :) As she didn't have a bow at her hands, but she probably had have that then was moved to the inventory. The Barbarian NPC has 24 hit point at level 1.

Just now, I got a crash after I moved and looked at my city map, the report said: "An assertion failed in chUIcontrols.cpp at line number 549", it might be isolated incident, but... just so you know... it might have something to do with summoned familiar. :)

Managed to get the thing installed. Ten minutes for the first part, over two hours for the second (possibly due to not enough virtual memory assigned - increased to 3 gigs).

I have three errors. I'll state them just to verify they are the ones expected.

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS fix awkward/broken area transitions

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS David's tailored scripting replacements: SavedLocation (part 1)

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS more script conv

I've also installed Add NPC's and Better Calls for Help from the tweaks. I recommend a readme for the tweaks. Also, the WeiDU exe for this is WeiDU.exe, not setup-ice_tutu_tweaks.exe. That's where the confusion is on this.

I'll add a few BG2 Tweaks components and 1PP before I start play...

Managed to get the thing installed. Ten minutes for the first part, over two hours for the second (possibly due to not enough virtual memory assigned - increased to 3 gigs).

I have three errors. I'll state them just to verify they are the ones expected.

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS David's tailored scripting replacements: SavedLocation (part 1)

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS more script conv

The second and third are expected (or not *un*expected, at any rate). I'm very worried by the first. It might imply that not all the areas are present, which obviously is pretty bad. Have a look in Near Infinity and see if AR9801.wed is present. If not, something's wrong.

I'm very worried by the first. It might imply that not all the areas are present, which obviously is pretty bad. Have a look in Near Infinity and see if AR9801.wed is present. If not, something's wrong.

AR9801.wed is present. I'm playing now with no real problems. Anything specific I should look for with this file?

I'm getting the same screen Jarno posted here and I used the BAT file that's supposed to accept spaces in the path names. What are the current suggestions?

At the moment - sorry - I can't get the conversion to accept an IWD path with spaces in. WEIDU seems to be choking on them. I'm chasing this with theBigg; until then, you'll need to use a space-free IWD path. (Just move it, and move it back afterwards.)

EDIT: hang on, it's not as bad as I thought. Watch this space.

Right.

There's now a batch file that handles paths with spaces in, and I've tested it - it's fine on my computer, at least. I've uploaded a new version of the converter with the new batch file, and a copy of the file alone is on the "paths with spaces" thread.

I was wrong, incidentally, that just changing the name of the IWD folder to remove spaces would fix the problem.)

@Grogerson: can you try to reinstall just the component that didn't install, and tell me what error message (if any) you get?

I've downloaded v2, still nothing. :)

Yeah, your problem's something different - cf my last post to you. It's not about the WEIDU log, it's about the batch file that runs beforehand. I still need to know from you exactly what happens when that batch file runs, and whether there are files in iwd_in_bg2/override, iwd_in_bg2/anim, iwd_in_bg2/spl, etc.

We're in business, on my end... or at least I hope so. I'm getting some "cannot find file" messages, but I hope they're nothing important. I'll know soon, as I plan to fire up the game as soon as the installation finishes.

I'm assuming that since this uses the BG2 engine, I'm going to be playing with the ToB disk in the drive.

Somebody's got Widescreen screenshots up, so I'm also curious if it works with the Widescreen mod.

Edit: I spoke too soon. Half-way through the conversion, the DOS window collapsed, leaving me wondering how far along it got and if it's safe to just restart it. @#$% Vista and it's resource-greedy OS.

Archived