Character Generation

You had me at the opening screen. I never imagined that I'd be looking at a cool custom screen for that, with "Icewind Dale in Baldur's Gate II" artistically presented. It was a thing of beauty.

Generating a character, too, I'm duly impressed.

In the interests of completeness, though, I should say that the screen flickered a little when I was selecting my race, and "Two-handed Sword" and most of the weapon styles are clipped because they're longer than the space available to display them. Honestly, though, that's no big deal.

It's probably a good omen that the first character I rolled had truly prodigious stats, a paladin with 18/51, 10, 12, 9, 14, 17. Sweet.

Onward to glory.

You had me at the opening screen. I never imagined that I'd be looking at a cool custom screen for that, with "Icewind Dale in Baldur's Gate II" artistically presented. It was a thing of beauty.

I can't take the credit for that - my wife, who's the actually-artistic one, did it. I think it's great, though. (She also did the merged map.)

Generating a character, too, I'm duly impressed.

In the interests of completeness, though, I should say that the screen flickered a little when I was selecting my race, and "Two-handed Sword" and most of the weapon styles are clipped because they're longer than the space available to display them. Honestly, though, that's no big deal.

Yeah, I saw some of that myself. I haven't really prioritised making the character-generation screen look pretty since it only gets seen once. (And again, I don't get much credit here - LadeJarl did the GUI conversion, I just fixed a few bugs in it.)

It's probably a good omen that the first character I rolled had truly prodigious stats, a paladin with 18/51, 10, 12, 9, 14, 17. Sweet.

Onward to glory.

Archived