Choose NPC Proficiencies Component

erebusant

I've found thru testing on a current mod component I'm working on if the Level Up portion of the specific .cre's bcs file is not at the top of the file, the code just plain will not fire. In the cases where there is little to nothing else in the bcs file it doesn't raise an issue, however in the case where you have a large amount of code already added to the bcs file by a mod such as BG1NPC the following bit of code from NPC.tph brings an automatic misfire:

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~%AJANTIS_BCS%.bcs~ ~scs\misc\levelup.baf~
REPLACE ~444444~  @501
EXTEND_BOTTOM ~%ALORA_BCS%.bcs~ ~scs\misc\levelup.baf~
REPLACE ~444444~  @501
EXTEND_BOTTOM ~%BRANWEN_BCS%.bcs~ ~scs\misc\levelup.baf~
REPLACE ~444444~  @501

Even placing my pile of code for extended levelling up upon NPC rejoin on top of the levelup.baf code causes it to misfire. Using an EXTEND_TOP appears to resolve this issue without causing more issues.

I've found thru testing on a current mod component I'm working on if the Level Up portion of the specific .cre's bcs file is not at the top of the file, the code just plain will not fire. In the cases where there is little to nothing else in the bcs file it doesn't raise an issue, however in the case where you have a large amount of code already added to the bcs file by a mod such as BG1NPC the following bit of code from NPC.tph brings an automatic misfire:
EXTEND_BOTTOM ~%AJANTIS_BCS%.bcs~ ~scs\misc\levelup.baf~
REPLACE ~444444~  @501
EXTEND_BOTTOM ~%ALORA_BCS%.bcs~ ~scs\misc\levelup.baf~
REPLACE ~444444~  @501
EXTEND_BOTTOM ~%BRANWEN_BCS%.bcs~ ~scs\misc\levelup.baf~
REPLACE ~444444~  @501

Even placing my pile of code for extended levelling up upon NPC rejoin on top of the levelup.baf code causes it to misfire. Using an EXTEND_TOP appears to resolve this issue without causing more issues.

Interesting, thanks. Will fix. (Once I get out from under IWD-in-BG2...)

Guest niklaus

So this could be why my NPC's don't start at level 0? Well, some of them do some don't.

I have BG1NPC and BG2Tweaks installed. Readme says that this mod overrides the NPC options from BG2Tweaks, but I deactivated them all just in case and nope still no level 0 so I guess it must be BG1NPC conflict

I will check back for that fix in coming months. Thanks!

Archived