Feedback

Guest Tsugumi
Sorry, documenting everything for such a huge mod is quite difficult but I should have made more clear that Sunray too is now a druid-only spell.

No need to apologize, it's understandable.

Anyhow, that's too bad. I'm not really familiar with the PnP D&D rules, so I had no idea it was supposed to work this way. It's still a shame though, since these two spells were partly the reason for picking a Cleric over a Druid.

Although I can live without them, is there a way for me to manually add them back without breaking too much?

False Dawn & Sunray

Although I can live without them, is there a way for me to manually add them back without breaking too much?
If you're familiar with Shadowkeeper or Near Infinity it's quite easy to add those spells to your character's known spells list and you'll not break anything.
False Dawn & Sunray
If you're familiar with Shadowkeeper or Near Infinity it's quite easy to add those spells to your character's known spells list and you'll not break anything.
Except the preset modder rules... :thumbsup:

By the way, could you give the spell codes(Resource) the Shadowkeeper shows as your False Dawn & Sunray... as there might be more than just 1 mod that has different code of them. No, didn't check.

Guest Tsugumi

Ah yes, I forgot about them.

Thank you very much for the quick replies.

Corporeal undead seem to be immune to the KO effect of the grease spell: my summoned skellies can just sit in the grease and pummel my unconscious enemies to death with impunity. Probably because they're immune to unconsciousness. Might be working as intended, not sure.

Also, Grease description states that giant-size enemies are not affected, but I knocked out an ogre with this spell.

Finally, my pseudodragon familiar never gets KOed in the grease but their movement rate is halved... shouldn't they be like flying over the grease and so are unaffected?

Edited by Duckfeet
Corporeal undead seem to be immune to the KO effect of the grease spell: my summoned skellies can just sit in the grease and pummel my unconscious enemies to death with impunity. Probably because they're immune to unconsciousness. Might be working as intended, not sure.
Yeah, it's because BG consider sleep and unconsciousness the same thing (even when it comes from a dragon's breath). I think I can try to fix that at least for SR's undead creatures, will try.

Also, Grease description states that giant-size enemies are not affected, but I knocked out an ogre with this spell.
By giant I mean giant, such as fire giants, while ogres are "only" large.

Finally, my pseudodragon familiar never gets KOed in the grease but their movement rate is halved... shouldn't they be like flying over the grease and so are unaffected?
Now this is a bug sorry, I've done a mistake in a file which handles the immunities (and a similar error is there for Web, and Stinking Cloud too).

I've attached here the fixed files, simply put the 3 files in the override, no need to re-install.

Edited by Demivrgvs
Yeah, it's because BG consider sleep and unconsciousness the same thing (even when it comes from a dragon's breath). I think I can try to fix that at least for SR's undead creatures, will try.

FWIW in Tutu I went to High Hedge and fought the skeletons surrounding Thalantyr's mansion. Those skellies went down to grease while my own didn't. It was amusing.

FWIW in Tutu I went to High Hedge and fought the skeletons surrounding Thalantyr's mansion. Those skellies went down to grease while my own didn't. It was amusing.
That's very strange, but I don't know BG1 so well, while within BG2 all undead are indeed immune to sleep/unconsciousness (via ring99.itm).
False Dawn & Sunray

Sorry to bring this up, and let me say thankyou for all the hard work being put into this.

I was considering just editing these spells out during install, but after reading this i'm not sure i would be able to.... Is that still a viable option to let a cleric use those spells? or is shadowkeeper etc the only way? If editing the install would i need to alter any component in addition to the spells themselves?

Many thanks.

False Dawn & Sunray

Sorry to bring this up, and let me say thankyou for all the hard work being put into this.

I was considering just editing these spells out during install, but after reading this i'm not sure i would be able to.... Is that still a viable option to let a cleric use those spells? or is shadowkeeper etc the only way? If editing the install would i need to alter any component in addition to the spells themselves?

Many thanks.

If you edit them out they work like in vanilla (Sunray is almost unchanged, but False Dawn was completly different), and are available to clerics. If you want their SR's version but still want your cleric to use them you have to edit your cleric spellbook with shadowkeeper without commenting them out on install. Let me know if it's not clear.
The entries for Pro Fire and Pro Cold are still listed with level 3 spells in the readme document even though they're noted to be level 5.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/readme...ns.html#arcane3

I'm sure Mike will fix it. :hm:

Qestion: is there a save for the 50% movement rate of Grease?

How about for that of Ice Storm? Acid Fog?

I and Mike spent a lot of time to make descriptions as accurate as possible: "A creature that succeeds on their saving throw can walk within or through the area of grease but will have their movements slowed considerably." :thumbsup:

Grease (movement rate set to 1) and Entangle (movement rate set to 50%) slow everyone in the area with no save, while a save is allowed to avoid slip/entangle effects. Ice Storm and Acid Fog have no save at all, not even to halve the damage. V4's Web will have a similar effect if we replace the overpowered hold effect with an entangle-like one.