Feedback

stones disappearing after few rounds, can anyone reproduce it and help me track the issue? I couldn't find any error within the spell files...

Works fine for me.

same as demi they disapear after few rounds .. no where close to 5 turns

Edited by bradinmemph

stones disappearing after few rounds, can anyone reproduce it and help me track the issue? I couldn't find any error within the spell files...

Works fine for me.

same as kreso they disapear after few rounds .. no where close to 5 turns

Ehm...Kreso actually said they work FINE for him. :rolleyes: I'm starting to fear another EE-related issue...

Armor of Faith

AoF curing poison? :hm: Slow Poison is there at 2nd lvl and it already has a small role we shouldn't make it even smaller imo.

I've meant, errr:

- AoF should be removed from druids spellbook;

- Slow Poison should be moved from level 2 to level 1 to fill the slot, replacing AoF for druids;

- we now have an empty level 2 druid slot that you can tinker with :D

ASI

I've tested it on some random hobgoblins, will keep in mind that combo.

Also, another cheese I can think about right away is forcing enemy archers to waste enchanted arrows on rats. Basically, later in game, one 1st level spell can potentially counter up to 5 magical arrows. Yum.

Though some druids would probably say now that I'm cruel :(

Edited by n-ghost

I am not sure AoF should be completely removed from RANGERs and druids. Druids perhaps, but Rangers could still use it. Or give them a similar elemental protection spell. (fire, ice, acid) Of course the staking problem comes from that, but ... ah well.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Works fine for me.

same as kreso they disapear after few rounds .. no where close to 5 turns

Ehm...Kreso actually said they work FINE for him. :rolleyes: I'm starting to fear another EE-related issue...

lol lost in the cascade.. but yeah in ee they last about 5 rounds instead of 5 turns

Ug. No animal summoning should cause druids to lose spells. AS are terrible spells that are only marginally useful that become useless 2 levels later. Making a druid cast 3 spells to try to make them useful is even worse because it doesn't work. Don't remove AoF unless you are providing a spell that they will use when they are lv 10+.

AS could stand to be slightly buffed ..but as everyone is eager to point out not supposed to be as powerful as MS ..though personally id buff the AS slightly increasing the summons number or instilling a built in max HP buff when animal summoned hps=max ..something to make em slightly durable

also ad a HP buff to the animal growth not just a con /str bonus...

Edited by bradinmemph

I agree Armor of Faith really has no place in a druid's spell list. At least not without a new name, and probably a new animation too.

Likewise, Barkskin has no place in a Cleric's spellbook.

Clerics should get AoF, druids should get Barkskin.

Is Barkskin 2nd level? Maybe just add a new 1st-level variant that only works on the caster.

Ug. No animal summoning should cause druids to lose spells. AS are terrible spells that are only marginally useful that become useless 2 levels later. Making a druid cast 3 spells to try to make them useful is even worse because it doesn't work. Don't remove AoF unless you are providing a spell that they will use when they are lv 10+.

I'm not swapping AoF with ASI, Druids got an almost entire new set of lvl 1 spells (Sunscorch, Faerie Fire and Strength of Stone from V3, Regenerate Light Wounds, Animal Summoning I and Obscuring Mist within V4).

On a side note, Magic Fang and Animal Growth are not supposed to be used for ASI.

AS could stand to be slightly buffed ..but as everyone is eager to point out not supposed to be as powerful as MS ..though personally id buff the AS slightly increasing the summons number or instilling a built in max HP buff when animal summoned hps=max ..something to make em slightly durable

The current animals do not get any hit point from their CON values. I have to assign them a PC class to make the stat work. That means the next build will see much tougher animals, especially mid-high lvl ones.

The current state of AS spells is just a first draft. I'm waiting for more feedback to understand how to refine them. That includes an eventual change of the amount of summoned creatures. The caster level at which you get more of them too.

The CON bonus will translate into 20-40 additional hit points (and even a small regen rate for bears) once I fix the above "issue".

Clerics don't get barkskin AFAIR

SR's Clerics lost Barkskin within V2, if not V1 itself. That's more than 10years ago. :D

I'm not swapping AoF with ASI, Druids got an almost entire new set of lvl 1 spells (Sunscorch, Faerie Fire and Strength of Stone from V3, Regenerate Light Wounds, Animal Summoning I and Obscuring Mist within V4).

On a side note, Magic Fang and Animal Growth are not supposed to be used for ASI.

Yes, and of all those spells only 1 of them is of consistent use Lv10+. AoF happens to be the only other real spell that druids have that they will use for Lv1 slots at upper levels because it actually provides a benefit that remains consistent at upper levels. AS1, no matter how you tweak it or attempt to make it usable with other spells will never be that because of the inherent structure of summoning spells. While mages and clerics get consideration of higher levels and having usable spells and choices at those levels, druids do not and with the removal of AoF and not replacing it with a similar "druidy" variant you are in effect throttling druids for the bulk of their play and making them more unattractive than they already are.

The AS line of spells isn't going to open up variability for druids due to a number of limitations the least of which is the BG engine and viable animations and not tabletop. Thus the argument that AS provides spell variability is untrue and should not be a factor when considering spells being removed due to "having enough spells".

Edited by zenblack

lol no id use em for AS IV-VII though

The current animals do not get any hit point from their CON values. I have to assign them a PC class to make the stat work. That means the next build will see much tougher animals, especially mid-high lvl ones.

i didnt think they did 1) i think they defiently should gain hp as part of being animal growthed..... thats part of what animal growth is..about..still think you should consider the no entangle for AS-VII as very legitamate size argumentsa can be made about animal growth infulenced ASV-VII creatures falling nicely into huge'gigantic.. *see my earlier comment and maths regarding polar and cave bear sizes...i speak as someone who worked for parks can for several yrs when i left silly valley to do arctic and sub arctic satt comm .. in places with more polar bears than people.( churchill ..baffin etc.......)...* now if the extra HP for animal growth happens as a function of class being assigned to animal and then con boost kicks in fine....fine.. or maybe just make it a straight number based as a 50% increase to the usual max HP for a non animal growthed creature...

8 hp normal ..= +4 hp when animal growthed..=12 hp

20 hp normal = + 10 hp or 30 hp total animal growthed etc...

but what i actually was refereing to /meant was for a normal AS spell make the creatures summoned have normal max hp..

so if ASII summons 2 HD creatures.. at least give em 16 hp a peice this would increase durability a bit..

and then if under animal growthed (say you lost your mind and wanted to AG a bunch of 2 Hd creatures,.. give em a 50% boos to hp for Ag or 16 hp for 2 hd under normal circumstances.. and 24 hp total or 16+50%(8hp) when AG

The current state of AS spells is just a first draft. I'm waiting for more feedback to understand how to refine them. That includes an eventual change of the amount of summoned creatures. The caster level at which you get more of them too.

The CON bonus will translate into 20-40 additional hit points (and even a small regen rate for bears) once I fix the above "issue".

sounds cool hope what i said makes sense