Feedback

stones disappearing after few rounds, can anyone reproduce it and help me track the issue? I couldn't find any error within the spell files...

Works fine for me.

same as kreso they disapear after few rounds .. no where close to 5 turns

Ehm...Kreso actually said they work FINE for him. :rolleyes: I'm starting to fear another EE-related issue...

lol lost in the cascade.. but yeah in ee they last about 5 rounds instead of 5 turns

This is actually because of an engine bug on EE games. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34894/known-9741-bug-in-effect-opcode-122-create-inventory-item-when-using-timing-mode-0 (I think it's the right link)

Just set it for 4 turns instead...

Seems like the bug hits effects with a duration over 255 seconds. So just give the stones a duration of 240 seconds. No one will care, it will play fine, and you won't have to wait for Beamhaul to release the next of their once-a-year patches...

Edited by subtledoctor

Demi, got a bif of a feedback on Obscuring Mist here:

- there is a dot missing at the end of description :D;

fgdtyEo.png

- the spell currently isn't party-friendly. I'm more than fine with it btw (would've been very cheesy otherwise), but wording in the description should be changed according to that probably (i.e., not "opponents", but "creatures");

OEbzDGA.jpg

- is there any way to make it white? Yellow looks too scary D:;

- thac0 modifiers work fine (charname's melee 17\21 thac0 becomes 19\23, Jaheira's melee 17 thac0 becomes 19, Jaheira's ranged 16 thac0 becomes 22), all in all looks like a nice spell, especially useful within BG1 with all those archers that seem to be growing on every tree of the Sword Coast.

Edited by n-ghost

@n-ghost I fear you just discovered another small issue. :( Druid's version is using the wrong projectile. The correct one got re-colored and it should be gray (check mage version). I'll fix it asap and re-upload.

Regarding the "party-friendly" I still haven't decided, I was hoping for more feedback. Concept wise it would make more sense as not-friendly, but I don't know if the AI would handle it well.

Btw, does ASI work on your install?

Edited by Demivrgvs

ASI behaves as it should (and the icon is fixed as well), running BGT, so that ctd issue is probably EE-only.

Obscuring Mist should affect PCs as well, otherwise when cast in confined spaces (especially in melee situations) it will basically turn into free 2 AC for the party, which doesn't make much sense imo.

Regarding AI, it might be just my imagination, but, at least with all the AI enhancements installed, it seems that hostile creatures are affected with line of sight debuffs as well, so when they don't see the party, they strive to move away from the cloud.

Also, currently it affects neutral creatures as well, making them hostile (same debatable thing as with Entangle, I suppose).

Edited by n-ghost

ASI behaves as it should (and the icon is fixed as well), running BGT, so that ctd issue is probably EE-only.

Obscuring Mist should affect PCs as well, otherwise when cast in confined spaces (especially in melee situations) it will basically turn into free 2 AC for the party, which doesn't make much sense imo.

Regarding AI, it might be just my imagination, but, at least with all the AI enhancements installed, it seems that hostile creatures are affected with line of sight debuffs as well, so when they don't see the party, they strive to move away from the cloud.

ASI - I've checked the spell on EE2, it indeed causes CTD (I think it's due to some animation problems - iirc, SCS disabled Improved Vampires on EE specifically for that reason. I tought they fixed it ...).

Regarding AI, I do think that's just your imagination. :D In case of archers, they'll move away from melee regardless if standing in the mist or not. To make AI move from "clouds" specific scripting must be included.

As so far, AI will run from Storm of Vengeance, Incendiary Cloud, Firestorm, Meteor Swarm, Death Fog, Cloudkill, Stinking Cloud and Web.

They might "wonder around aimlessly" but they won't exit the AoE of Obscuring mist on purpose.

ASI - I've checked the spell on EE2, it indeed causes CTD (I think it's due to some animation problems - iirc, SCS disabled Improved Vampires on EE specifically for that reason. I tought they fixed it ...).

WTF?!? Did SCS Improved Vampires used the rat's animation (maybe for a vampire alternative form or something)? That's the only thing in common that I can imagine, but that would mean there's no hope to make the spell work on EE unless I simply replace those rats with something else...

Edited by Demivrgvs

WTF?!? Did SCS Improved Vampires used the rat's animation (maybe for a vampire alternative form or something)?

Yes.

The "breach doesnt remove fire shield / acid sheath" is a bit over the top? Need pretty much exclusively high level remove magic to be able to remove those effectively. Otherwise dont bother attacking mages :)

EDIT: or we could just memo a bit more prot from acid/fire, use potions and resistance items ))).

Edited by geg_Ma3gau

sorry to be the harbinger of doom demi but .. you wanted beta testing and Im really good at running into "features" glad the AS1 CtD on 2EE isnt me only LOL

"bats would work..." insects.. ??? would be cool too vorpal bunnies!!?"its just a harmless bunny..." "look at the bones!!""killer squirrells??

So, a bit of a feedback on those druid thingies:

- color of Obscuring Mist is fixed, looks really nice;

- both bats (which is expected), PCs (which is debatable) and NPCs (which is good) seem to be unaffected by Obscuring Mist, hostile creatures are affected as usual;

- bats are like rats but cooler, Obscuring Mist combo will have more weight with OM affecting PCs though;

- bats currently have unarmed "fist" weapon that can be switched to and, obviously, applies no disease on attack;

- regular disease-on-hit works fine (and wears off after some time as it should), but I still think that for bats it should be replaced with spook-like effect (or it should be added on top of that, maybe with some bonus to saving throw, and no, it won't be overpowered, since those bats have hard time hitting anything at all, and even low-level creatures are making their saves like there's no tomorrow);

- I'm not sure if that Swarm ability works (that, or I can't grasp how it's supposed to): bat misses\hits charname on 10\11 roll both alone and with additional bats around, and still can roll 1 or 2 on attack even while in group. Is it supposed to positively affect the chance of higher attack rolls?

Edited by n-ghost