Feedback

Guys, is the spell shield fixed in the latest install or i should still modify the files in SCS?

Not fully. Arda fixed part of the problems with the code but it's still not fully fixed, and I fear both Arda and Crevs are too busy right now. :(

As soon as they give me the correct code I'll release a new build. Btw that build will be EPIC imo. Let's just say Monster Summoning spells are not the only spells I'm working on. ;)

You guys have my BIG THANKS for your work on this mod. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup: By the way, could I get a link to the beta ?

Sure, if you promise to give me some feedback. :D

Guys, is the spell shield fixed in the latest install or i should still modify the files in SCS?

Not fully. Arda fixed part of the problems with the code but it's still not fully fixed, and I fear both Arda and Crevs are too busy right now. :(

As soon as they give me the correct code I'll release a new build. Btw that build will be EPIC imo. Let's just say Monster Summoning spells are not the only spells I'm working on. ;)

You guys have my BIG THANKS for your work on this mod. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup: By the way, could I get a link to the beta ?

Sure, if you promise to give me some feedback. :D

Sure, no problem. Do I have some timetable than i need to fullfil ?

It's the 1st item on my modding to-do list... But I haven't been modding much lately :|

If I wanted to breach an invisible mage with spell protections like spell shield etc + non-detection + combat protections up, how would I go about doing this?

I am able to kill them in my game, but have yet to figure out exactly how or why I am doing so apart from the ol reliable combo of spellstrike+pierce shield but I'd like to find alternate ways to do that.

For example, is non-detection a spell protection able to be dispelled by Spell pierce or is it something I need other spells for?

Been playing Pillars of Eternity lately and i must say this feels much better when your healing spells are uninterruptable. Why dont we do the same for the mod? Also, spells like remove fear/resist fear could become time 1 casting speed: its sometimes difficult to aim those when your frightened character runs around like an idi.. hasted.

Non-detection

If I wanted to breach an invisible mage with spell protections like spell shield etc + non-detection + combat protections up, how would I go about doing this?

I am able to kill them in my game, but have yet to figure out exactly how or why I am doing so apart from the ol reliable combo of spellstrike+pierce shield but I'd like to find alternate ways to do that.

For example, is non-detection a spell protection able to be dispelled by Spell pierce or is it something I need other spells for?

Just consider Non-detection like the old SI:Div and counter it like you did with that spell, with a spell removal (e.g. Spell Thrust, Secret Word, etc.).

The tricky thing is that ND makes you "immune" to True Seeing and similar stuff (e.g. if you are invisible there's simply no way they can detect you), but as soon as you reveal yourself a creature under TS (or Detect Invisibility) can directly target you with everything he/she wishes.

One thing we can discuss is how Faerie Fire and Glitterdust should work against ND. Right now they should reveal the target position without fully breaking a Improved Invisibility state (if they are not working like that just report it).

Cure Wound spells & Resist Fear

Been playing Pillars of Eternity lately and i must say this feels much better when your healing spells are uninterruptable. Why dont we do the same for the mod? Also, spells like remove fear/resist fear could become time 1 casting speed: its sometimes difficult to aim those when your frightened character runs around like an idi.. hasted.

Both cleric's 1st lvl Resist Fear and wizard's 2nd lvl one already have casting time 1. :D

When it comes to make healing spells hard or impossible to interrupt, that's where ToBEx Concentration Check shines (even more when combined with IR's armors and their damage reduction). Too bad EE didn't opted for it. :(

As discussed recently on another post, SR already improved Cure Wound spells casting time. It was 5 for all CW spells in vanilla (insane for a CLW) and it now is 1, 2, 3, and 4 respectively. Heal went from a full round to half.

OFF-TOPIC: I'm playing a bit of PoE too (not much though). They did quite a few things really well (e.g. giving a purpose to all stats), but the more I play the more I feel they focused too much on raw combat when designing the classes. Every spell and ability is just a a bunch of dmg or defense numbers. Anyway, I'll post a more detailed "review" sooner or later.

Don't let the competition steer you away from your true destiny (releasing IR v4 and SR v4), Demivrgvs! :D

Don't worry, that is still my priority. I play PoE only when I don't have enough time to seriously mod. :) I had to delay the new SR build because of RL but as soon as I find a free day without my girlfriend around bothering me I'll finish it. ;)