Feedback

Sorry but I'm still having troubles. Even when I spellstrike, I can't breach because the mages are still invisible. Then, when I cast true sight, it still doesn't reveal them. Any help?

If True Seeing doesn't reveal the invisible target (it can happen if the target is under Non-detection) just wait for it to reveal himself (note that SR's True Seeing no longer fully dispel Improved Invisibility). As soon as the target is partially visible True Seeing allows you to directly cast Breach at the target even if he is under Improved Invisibility.

Btw i m loving the new desintegrate spell... It even works on the liches ... amazing stuff. Kind of save or die but goes around the stu..d limitation that you cant use it on the bosses. Maybe give us an option for all save or die spells like the finger of death leave 1 hp on the creature? So that we can use those too and on the bosses too like the current desintegrate. (it shouldnt break dialogues etc so it just leaves them sitting at 1 hp).

Would love to see finger of death modified so that it leaves the opponent with 1 hit point. it will bring a lot functionality to this spell pretty much like desintegrate. Still, it would do more damage on the 100+ hp opponents. Something around the same lines with flesh to stone too pls. Because currently finger of death and flesh to stone are like big NO NO spells at least going against the bosses.

is that possible Demi? I would love that.

Btw about PoE: its very very unbalanced now. Doing the 4 druid 2 priest run. Unlimited healing unlimited AOE spam with huge damage. Blizzard spell. Regeneration spells stack on top of each other healing you completely like every 3 seconds. What i loe is that what you begin to cast, finishes. Sooner or later :)

Edited by geg_Ma3gau

Also, what i really would like to see:

Reduce the magic resistances for magic resistant creatures like the drow and the fiends. The reason for this is balance. Pretty much what you did with the Carsomyr, lowering it's MR down to 20%. Such creatures should be more magical then simple humans, but in a more gentle way.

Drow: 15-20% MR

fiends and dragons, elder orbs etc: ~25-35% MR. no more

Reduce the power of MR breaching spells like the lower resistance etc accordingly if needed.

The idea is that you should be able to cast spells at these creatures as more or less viable tactic. Not just a "magic on/off" switch when you see them.

Also, the holy/unholy word is kinda imba in the same fashion. It always makes your mages deaf and that means 50% spell failure. let it be ~20% spell failure since you cant avoid it other then using spell deflection with AOE option. The fiends and the planetars just rain these words on you. They should be a bit more gentle with the casters.

Can you remind me how does vocalize work currently?

Edited by geg_Ma3gau

Because currently finger of death and flesh to stone are like big NO NO spells at least going against the bosses.

You realize you can install the P5Tweaks tweak to the dropping issue, so the creatures drop their stuff before they die permanently for various things. Of course the SR could have that too.

"desintegrate" hah, yes it's actually spelled with i and not e, although it can be pronounced either way. Yes, the word check has ruined so many lives.

Because currently finger of death and flesh to stone are like big NO NO spells at least going against the bosses.

You realize you can install the P5Tweaks tweak to the dropping issue, so the creatures drop their stuff before they die permanently for various things. Of course the SR could have that too.

"desintegrate" hah, yes it's actually spelled with i and not e, although it can be pronounced either way. Yes, the word check has ruined so many lives.

Interesting mod. But it doesnt solve the issue with the finger of death, flesh to stone and wail of the banshee spells. You must have misunderstood me.

The issue is that when you cast these on the plot bosses like Irenicus and the boss fails its save, he just doesnt die, the spell has no effect This also applies to things like BBoD and the Silver sword. Simply because the boss is required to have 1 HP at the end of combat. The developers just made all the worthwhile opponents immune to these spells. Thats a shame and it puts a big cross on their usefulness especially when you have few spell slots at these spell levels or when you re running a sorc who very much doesnt like taking useless spells.

On the contrary, the current dis...grate (someone spell this pls :)))) works on everything because it is not an insta pop but a damage dealing spell. One of the best spell fixes for my taste. FoD, WoB and FtS along with the items like BBoD and the Silver Sword could also work 'harm - like'. Which would allow these items to do their thing on the big bosses. Which is their best purpose after all :). Demi what do you think?

Edited by geg_Ma3gau

Also, what i really would like to see: Reduce the magic resistances for magic resistant creatures like the drow and the fiends. The reason for this is balance. Pretty much what you did with the Carsomyr, lowering it's MR down to 20%. Such creatures should be more magical then simple humans, but in a more gentle way.

I highly highly doubt Demi has any plans for such a mod, especially in SR. But, I am considering adding a component for this to my own mod. It would reduce or eliminate MR in enemy creatures, but give them elemental and damage resistances instead. So your fireball would hit driw, but it might only do 10 hp damage.

Also, it would change every MR item available to the player in a similar way, so you can't use MR against enemies except in temporary circumstances (like using the spell). I haven't figured out what to do with Wizard Slayers and monks.

I have a RL time crunch so this probably won't go live until the summer. But if you want to discuss it, feel free to do so over in my mod's thread:

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26838&do=findComment&comment=232361

@ subtle not sure bout wiz slayer havent played one thru yet but ive played a few monks unmodded and using monastic ... and kish overhaul for bgee .. instead of MR give them a phys and or elem resist gain or reduction gain reduction might fit better...... %5 base and then 5 percent per increase.. maybe staggered so at lvl 13 5% phys dam reduct.... at 14 5% mag&acid.. dam reduct at 15 5% elem dam reduct.. skip2 lvls.. so at 18phys dam goes to 10 at 19 mag&acid. dam goes to 10 at 20ele dam goes to 10 ...skip 21 and 22 at lvl 23.. phys dama.red goes to 15 . at lvl 24 mag&acid red goes to 15.. at 25 elem red 15 skip 26 skip27 gains at 28 29 and 30 .... so at lvl 30 elem reduct is 20 phsy red is 20 and mag acid reduct or resist.. is 20 can be either reduct or resist... start at lvl 10 if want.. just an idea the rationale is that mind body training.. allows them to strug off and endure some of the effects.. beyond normal parameters... skip 31 and 32.. gains 33-35 skip 36-37 gains 38-40

so by lvl 40 30% resist .. to elem ,magic , acid and phys or .... 30% reduction ... i kinda think straight damage reduction makes more sense...

Edited by bradinmemph

Save or "die" effects

On the contrary, the current dis...grate (someone spell this pls :)))) works on everything because it is not an insta pop but a damage dealing spell. One of the best spell fixes for my taste. FoD, WoB and FtS along with the items like BBoD and the Silver Sword could also work 'harm - like'. Which would allow these items to do their thing on the big bosses. Which is their best purpose after all :). Demi what do you think?

I'm sympathetic to this request and I'm doing my best within certain limits. Btwm Black Blade of Disaster may still need some refinements, but it already works similarly to SR's Disintegrate thus you can happily disintegrate stuff left and right with it. :D

SR's Flesh to Stone is already tweaked to not use the real petrification opcode. It's a "permanent stun" on a failed save, with a powerful slow secondary effect which allows no save. I think it's already useful even on bosses considering slow halves apr and doubles casting time.

For Finger of Death I was trying to figure out a way to make its secondary effect more interesting, but I could imagine any for now. Increasing the dmg dealt would just make it a copy of Disintegrate imo. I also considered to add AD&D feature of turning the slayed target into a zombie, but I'm not convinced. On paper that would make the spell ideal not for bosses, but to reliably "replace" a weaker opponent with an undead ally.

For Vorpal effects I considered to make them a bit easier to resist while adding a bit of dmg (e.g. no save penalty to avoid death but you still take xd6 dmg on a successful save). The Silver Sword could inflict 6d6 slashing dmg, AotU could do 4d6 slashing dmg, Heartseeker could deal 3d6 piercing dmg, etc. It's only a random idea on my mind though, I'm not yet convinced.

Holy/Unholy word

Also, the holy/unholy word is kinda imba in the same fashion. It always makes your mages deaf and that means 50% spell failure. let it be ~20% spell failure since you cant avoid it other then using spell deflection with AOE option. The fiends and the planetars just rain these words on you. They should be a bit more gentle with the casters.

Slighty nerfing (Un)Holy Word is on my to-do list, but I didn't thought the deafness effect could be considered OP. For players it's not even that hard to counter imo. What I do think is problematic is the balance when fighting higher lvl opponents (e.g. greater demons/devils love to spam this spell).

Vocalize

It cures silence and makes you immune to it for 1 turn.

Save or "die" effects

I'm sympathetic to this request and I'm doing my best within certain limits. Btwm Black Blade of Disaster may still need some refinements, but it already works similarly to SR's Disintegrate thus you can happily disintegrate stuff left and right with it. :D

SR's Flesh to Stone is already tweaked to not use the real petrification opcode. It's a "permanent stun" on a failed save, with a powerful slow secondary effect which allows no save. I think it's already useful even on bosses considering slow halves apr and doubles casting time.

For Finger of Death I was trying to figure out a way to make its secondary effect more interesting, but I could imagine any for now. Increasing the dmg dealt would just make it a copy of Disintegrate imo. I also considered to add AD&D feature of turning the slayed target into a zombie, but I'm not convinced. On paper that would make the spell ideal not for bosses, but to reliably "replace" a weaker opponent with an undead ally.

For Vorpal effects I considered to make them a bit easier to resist while adding a bit of dmg (e.g. no save penalty to avoid death but you still take xd6 dmg on a successful save). The Silver Sword could inflict 6d6 slashing dmg, AotU could do 4d6 slashing dmg, Heartseeker could deal 3d6 piercing dmg, etc. It's only a random idea on my mind though, I'm not yet convinced.

Holy/Unholy word

Slighty nerfing (Un)Holy Word is on my to-do list, but I didn't thought the deafness effect could be considered OP. For players it's not even that hard to counter imo. What I do think is problematic is the balance when fighting higher lvl opponents (e.g. greater demons/devils love to spam this spell).

Vocalize

It cures silence and makes you immune to it for 1 turn.

Deafness could just do ~20% spell failure and that would be enough to ruin the player's day already. Same way all magic resistant creatures should be getting (ideally) ~20% or 35% for super tough baddies magic resistance TOPS, not 50-65% like it is now lol ).

Why dont you like WoB,FoD, Silver sword doing 'harm-like' reduction to 1 hp on a failed save? Effectively save or die spells but within the game's limitations, also works on all the bosses. The closest it can get to the description within the game's limits(hate the immunities on the bosses).

Edited by geg_Ma3gau

Sorry but I'm still having troubles. Even when I spellstrike, I can't breach because the mages are still invisible. Then, when I cast true sight, it still doesn't reveal them. Any help?

If True Seeing doesn't reveal the invisible target (it can happen if the target is under Non-detection) just wait for it to reveal himself (note that SR's True Seeing no longer fully dispel Improved Invisibility). As soon as the target is partially visible True Seeing allows you to directly cast Breach at the target even if he is under Improved Invisibility.

Ohhhhhh. Ok, so I partially worked out my issues. I just realized that true seeing doesn't fully dispel. So, when I used spells that actually revealed invis like glitterdust, everything worked ok. However, I can't seem to do the breach after true seeing. The game still gives me "Cannot target invisible creature" message. Any idea what's going on?