Feedback

#80 (0x80) State: Deafness [80]
Applies the Deafness effect on the targeted creature(s) - creatures suffer a 50% casting failure rate. This is cumulative with Miscast Magic.

#81 (0x81) Cure: Deafness [81]
Remove the deafness effect from the targeted creature(s).

It's perfetly curable. I don't know if any SR spell / IR item does that however.

Well, it's for Silence, I just didn't know if it covered Deafness as well.

If it does, then it's a cheap, easy fix and I don't think Deafness/Holy Word is OP. Doesn't IR introduce potions of Vocalize?

Vocalize cures silence, not deafness.

Cure Disease was for some reason curing blindness and deafness in vanilla. It still does within SR.

Yes, IR introduces Potion of Vocalize.

Demi, how about re-introducing Charm Animal for 1st-level druid spells? Imo it fits into the concept, and with the new druidic summons it can still be fairly useful all the way up to BG2 (hijacking enemy wyverns and whatnot).

Also the whole idea of slaughtering every wolf the party encounters (even if said party consists entirely of druids) is just disheartening.

(also, adding Charm Animal is a great excuse to throw Armor of Faith away from druidic spellbook)

Demi, how about re-introducing Charm Animal for 1st-level druid spells? Imo it fits into the concept, and with the new druidic summons it can still be fairly useful all the way up to BG2 (hijacking enemy wyverns and whatnot).

Also the whole idea of slaughtering every wolf the party encounters (even if said party consists entirely of druids) is just disheartening.

(also, adding Charm Animal is a great excuse to throw Armor of Faith away from druidic spellbook)

Wyvern's are not animals and the AI doesn't use most of the Animal Summoning spells, combined with the fact there are very few druids in the game as a whole. Also there is already a charm animal spell in the druid spellbook. Last but not least, Armor of Faith replacement should be a decent spell, not something so gimpy.

Edited by zenblack

Well, it's for Silence, I just didn't know if it covered Deafness as well.

If it does, then it's a cheap, easy fix and I don't think Deafness/Holy Word is OP. Doesn't IR introduce potions of Vocalize?

Vocalize cures silence, not deafness.

Cure Disease was for some reason curing blindness and deafness in vanilla. It still does within SR.

Yes, IR introduces Potion of Vocalize.

Ok, i didnt know. Got to slot those cure disease spells on the clerics. One more reason to take them with you.

Could we have the magic protection removals for the Druid and Cleric in perspective? The spells like ruby ray and secret word. Or this is too much?

I dislike the fact that every time i want to cast a cleric/druid hostile spell at the opponent, i have to use my mage to bring down the spell protections first. Maybe thats just what mages are for but then, your whole party of divine casters is bottlenecked by the ability of a mage to remove deflections and spell traps with spell shields.

Also, guys is the cast interrupt part of the game so much hardcoded noone can tackle with it?

Also, autocastin contingencies and triggers every rest would help a lot so that you dont need to rest twice, fiddle with the spellbook etc.

Edited by geg_Ma3gau

Could we have the magic protection removals for the Druid and Cleric in perspective? The spells like ruby ray and secret word. Or this is too much?

I dislike the fact that every time i want to cast a cleric/druid hostile spell at the opponent, i have to use my mage to bring down the spell protections first. Maybe thats just what mages are for but then, your whole party of divine casters is bottlenecked by the ability of a mage to remove deflections and spell traps with spell shields.

Well, divine casters just channel their deity's energies to work some miraculous effect or other; wizards study magic, make a science out of it. Makes sense to me that the intricate pattern of magic defenses and attacks should be something wizards specialize in. You can always use your divine magic on other enemies, or for party buffs etc.

On the other hand, I think divine magic that is powerful enough should be able to blast away wizards' protections. That's why the Wizard Class Tweaks component of my mod gives the 6th-level "Bolt of Glory" spell the ability to take down spell protections. It's working right now, feel free to give it a try.

(Druids, on the other hand... they do nature magic, they have no business knowing how to take down wizardly spell protections IMHO.)

Also, guys is the cast interrupt part of the game so much hardcoded noone can tackle with it?

TobEx has a component that gives you a d20 roll to avoid casting interruption, that takes into account a few things like how much damage you take, what level the spell is, luck, etc. It does not work with the EEs. The EE devs need to enable it and so far (how long has BGEE been out now? 3 years?) they have decided not to enable it. So you have two options: use TobEX on the old TOB engine, or go pester the EE devs to enable the feature in the EEs. I have a feature request thread for this over at forums.baldursgate.com. Go ahead and add your voice to it, hopefully they will realize that it's a good idea...

Also, autocastin contingencies and triggers every rest would help a lot so that you dont need to rest twice, fiddle with the spellbook etc.

My mod turns sequencers/triggers into renewable innate abilities, you might want to check it out. Also in the Wizard Class Tweaks, same component that changes Bolt of Glory that I mentioned above. It also makes Contingency an innate given at level 10 to trueclass mages only... eventually I'm going to change that around, make it an innate that you learn from a scroll. Chain Contingency, on the other hand... you shouldn't get that for free. If it's turned into an innate, I think it you should have to choose it as an HLA.

Ill try your mod perhaps but i couldnt find a note about the bolt of glory fix. A bit misleading for me. Have to think how will it all work with the setup im used to. Need to read a lot.

That "parry magic" stuff.. and the whole innate ability for wizards system. is it compatible with SCS AI? Will the opponents be able to make use of their innate abilities like parry magic?

Edited by geg_Ma3gau