Feedback

I was away from the game for some time.

Could anyone give me information about what (if anything )has been changed recently concerning spells like:

-dispel magic

-spell shield and dispelling screen

-all sorts of insects

-holy/unholy word

and is it download ready?

Edited by geg_Ma3gau

I was away from the game for some time.

Could anyone give me information about what (if anything )has been changed recently concerning spells like:

-dispel magic

-spell shield and dispelling screen

-all sorts of insects

-holy/unholy word

and is it download ready?

Not sure how long have you stayed away, but:

- Remove/Dispel Magic have been "merged" and only a party friendly Dispel exists now but with a reduced AoE from 30' to 20'

- Spell Shield works as per vanilla (gameplay wise at least, we had to change how it's implemented to fix it)

- Kreso tweaked Dispelling Screen to work as a sort of Mass Spell Shield against dispel (protects everyone from 1 dispel attempt); he tested it and it seems it's worth to implement for the next build

- a save removes spell failure and halves damage (next EE patch is finally adding ToBEx concentration checks! yeah!); Fire Shield protects from them

- you'll see soon enough

Excludind (Un)Holy Word changes everything else is already there, but I hope a new build will pop up from an easter egg. ;)

- Kreso tweaked Dispelling Screen to work as a sort of Mass Spell Shield against dispel (protects everyone from 1 dispel attempt); he tested it and it seems it's worth to implement for the next build

Fwiw, DS tweak is a *major* nerf to mage class(es). If you decide to implement this, forget about tank-mages and similar. With dispels flying in ToB battles (every demon seems to have it!) you'll want proper fighters as tanks. Also, this really should be used with "AoE Spell Deflection". Or Dragon's Breath and similar (ADHW) will kill your mages instantly should dispel check ever be succesfull (and it will be).

I like it (since I hate how mages can be played in BG2, omnipotent-can'-t-touch-me-tank-slayers of everything) but it's a matter of taste more than anything else.

It changes how the game is played more than a bit. I'd definitely go with it for the next build, see how people feel about it.

Fwiw, DS tweak is a *major* nerf to mage class(es). If you decide to implement this, forget about tank-mages and similar. With dispels flying in ToB battles (every demon seems to have it!) you'll want proper fighters as tanks. Also, this really should be used with "AoE Spell Deflection". Or Dragon's Breath and similar (ADHW) will kill your mages instantly should dispel check ever be succesfull (and it will be).

I like it (since I hate how mages can be played in BG2, omnipotent-can'-t-touch-me-tank-slayers of everything) but it's a matter of taste more than anything else.

It changes how the game is played more than a bit. I'd definitely go with it for the next build, see how people feel about it.

That sounds absolutely fabulous to me!

Can anyone explain why does this happen.

I have a cavalier (immune to charm) and two cleric rangers one of which has harmonic shield and the other has a helmet of charm protection.

I m doing that elder vampires + greater mummies fight in the Firkraag's dungeon.

All three of above characters get charmed all the time and they just stand there looking stupid until i cast a remove enchantment on them. which helps only for 3 sec after which they get mesmerised again. This ability is called mesmerism. What is that?

Shouldnt they be immune? I cant get past that fight.

Edited by geg_Ma3gau

This ability is called mesmerism. What is that?

Shouldnt they be immune? I cant get past that fight.

Mesmerism afaik uses same opcode as Feeblemind, so.....no. Chaotic Commands will keep you safe, or 8th level Mind Blank.

I'm doing that elder vampires + greater mummies fight in the Firkraag's dungeon

Yeah SCS Improved vampires make that fight ridiculous. On the upside, once you defeat them the rest of the dungeon is going to be a joke (assuming you are not crazy enough to attack Firkraag himself :)).

Edited by toxin

I'm doing that elder vampires + greater mummies fight in the Firkraag's dungeon

Yeah SCS Improved vampires make that fight ridiculous. On the upside, once you defeat them the rest of the dungeon is going to be a joke (assuming you are not crazy enough to attack Firkraag himself :)).

i did that fight after i buffed myself with chaotic commands :)

you need +3 weapons to kill ancient/elder vampires thats the trouble.

There are also those super annoying genies in this dungeon.

post-5399-0-28048400-1459186048_thumb.jpgMy god pls.. do something with holy word. Look it was a completely fair and fun fight before this happened now noone can cast and all i have left is potions. You know the timestop in this fight was child's games and completely ignorable compared to this BS spell.

Also, chaos sphere is too good as well. Whats the counter spell? i dont think gust of wind helps? permanent party disable otherwise however my party has not so high saves at this point. Does the AOE spell deflection help vs the chaos sphere?

Edited by geg_Ma3gau

If DS protects against dispel, why is it a nerf to mages?

Hi guys, I need some help about a bug, I hope I am posting to the right forum. I am using BG2EE with a couple of mods (weidu log is attached). Most everything is fine, the only problem so far is that Improved Haste does not seem to work. Whether I cast it from a scroll or by Neera, it has a really short casting time, and nothing happens in the end. Normal Haste works fine. I would appreciate any help.

WeiDU.log

Edited by nmr2d2

I don't know if this is intended, and if it's not, whether it has been acknowledged as an issue, but Protection from Missiles isn't blocking a bunch of projectiles it should probably protect from, judging from the description. While it does protect from basic missiles, stuff like magic bullets, poison daggers and bolts of lightning will get through. It seems that while a few of entries 1-35 in PROJECTL.IDS are accounted for in the effects of the spell, entries 283-318, which seem to be used by missiles as of BGEE/BG2EE 2.0 are ignored. The unmodified version of the spell does provide protection from some of these entries, so I'm guessing they are a recent addition that slipped under the radar.

The description doesn't make it clear to what extent it should protect from enchanted ammunition, either. I can live with +2 bolts getting through, but if it doesn't protect from darts of stunning and poison daggers, it's basically worthless. A bigger question is should it protect from arrows of dispelling?

Hi Demi. As you probably know the 2.0 patch of EE changed enchanted weapon spell so it bumps enchantment level of a given weapon, rather than create a new one.

I would suggest making a new spell called Conjure Weapon with the current SR function and a Enchant Weapon spell with current EE functionality. Both spell effects are useful and have a valid reason to exist I think.