Feedback

Is it intended that Lightning Bolt is blocked by Mirror Image?

It's not so much blocked as a lightning bolt just fizzels out one of the images. And so no damage to the actual character is done as they could be in which ever position they like. Aka they spell is not an area of effect spell like the fireball is, as that covers the entire ground the mage can stand on.

I'm aware of that mechanic. It's just that Fireball is stronger now than before with MI not protecting against it and Lightning Bolt got nerfed in two separate ways, single target and gets blocked by illusion spells. Pretty lame spell now imo.

Maybe the lightning bolt could ground itself and thus cause a small area of effect damage... I have no idea. But the spell is not single target at least in the vanilla, but a series of lessening bolts. And it should have a free target zone, not just a creature.

Maybe the lightning bolt could ground itself and thus cause a small area of effect damage... I have no idea. But the spell is not single target at least in the vanilla, but a series of lessening bolts. And it should have a free target zone, not just a creature.

This being the SR feedback thread I was talking about the SR4 version. It used to be 1d8 dmg/lvl single target in SR and now it's 1d6/lvl, single target, gets blocked by mirror images and can't be cast on improved invisible enemies.

​I'm reverting to the vanilla version.

Mirror Image Fix (may be used with or without the main component)

This .exe patch fixes mirror images so they no longer protect from AoE spells such as Fireball. As with the other .exe patches, this will probably only work if you are using the ToB v26498 patch for PCs.

When i remember correctly, its not needed in EE. MI does not protect against AoE.

I found the reference here. See [ToBEx_FR13].

Here is a list of ToBEx fixes and features that have been implemented in BG:EE and BGII:EE.

1. AddKit and AddSuperKit both now include Wild Mage and Barbarian.

2. Half-attacks now occur every other round as expected.

4. Enemies that are equipped with a shield are now able to switch from melee weapon to a one-handed missile weapon.

5. Removes exploit of removing NPC from party and re-recruiting to refresh special abilities.

7. Starting a store with CLUAConsole no longer crashes the game.

10. Attacks per round bonuses now stack properly rather than drop after +5.

11. Hostile creatures affected by Sleep can now be woken by a successful attack.

12. Multiple accumulations of Blindness spells no longer make the -10 THACO penalty cumulative.

13. Items that confer a Casting Level Bonus (Effect 191) now factored properly into the actual casting.

14. Charisma scores lower than 1 no longer wrap to 25: instant death.

15. Constitution scores lower than 1 no longer wrap to 25: instant death.

18. Opcode 106 to remove drunkenness now functions properly.

19. Killing enemy with magic fire damage no longer crashes game.

20. Magic cold damage now evokes unique cold damage sound (and better animation).

22. Dexterity scores lower than 1 no longer wrap to 25: instant death.

24. Disintegrate no longer creates a memory drain when applied in-game.

25. Dispel chance v enemy spellcaster now correctly calculated per caster levels of caster and enemy.

26. Fatigue modifier scores no longer wrap to 100 when their net value is negative.

29. Intelligence scores lower than 1 no longer wrap to 25: instant death.

30. Drunkenness modifier no longer wraps to 100 with negative values.

31. Invisibility (Effect 30) now can be permanent with with Timing Mode 1 and set to Parameter 2 (Improved Inviso).

34. Magic Resistance modifier values capped so that out-of-bounds values no longer wrap up or down.

35. Morale break values capped so that out-of-bounds values no longer wrap up or down.

36. Open locks modifier values capped so that out-of-bounds values no longer wrap up or down.

37. Pickpocket modifier values capped so that out-of-bounds values no longer wrap up or down.

40. Reputation modifier values capped so that out-of-bounds values no longer wrap up or down.

41 (33). Net values below -20 no longer wrap to 20 for Save Vs Death Modifier.

41 (34). Net values below -20 no longer wrap to 20 for Save Vs Wands Modifier.

41 (35). Net values below -20 no longer wrap to 20 for Save Vs Polymorph Modifier.

41 (36). Net values below -20 no longer wrap to 20 for Save Vs Breath Weapon Modifier.

41 (37). Net values below -20 no longer wrap to 20 for Save Vs Spells Modifier.

42. Stealth values capped so that out-of-bounds values no longer wrap up or down.

43. Strength extra modifier now yields a plain 18 when values are negative rather than wrapping to 100.

44. Strength scores lower than 1 no longer wrap to 25: instant death.

45. Wisdom scores lower than 1 no longer wrap to 25: instant death.

60. Wildmage and Barbarian kits now recognized properly with Trigger Kit().

77. Immortal dead doppelgangers.

[ToBEx 3] Off-hand is never used with 3/2 attacks per round

[ToBEx 21] Effect 12 does not free memory allocated

[ToBEx 27] Out-of-bounds values for Find Traps wrap to Find Traps value should not wrap

[ToBEx 28] Issues with effect 181 when param 2 is not zero

[TobEx 32] “Level Modifier” causes net negative values to wrap to 50

[ToBEx 56] Summoned gender always plays male casting sounds

[ToBEx 58] Illicit recharge of rechargeable items

[ToBEx 59] Pricing issue with depleted rechargeable items

[ToBEx 62] PartyHasItemIdentified() glitch in single player

[ToBEx 71] Sex, Alignment, and Portrait are set permanently

[ToBEx 79] Poison and Disease vs. Mirror Image

[ToBEx 82] TakePartyItem() issues

[ToBEx 84] Effect 18 issues when loading game

[ToBEx_FR13] Area-effect spells do not bypass Mirror Image

[A64_FR14] Effect 58: Magical weapons cannot be dispelled

[A64_FR21] Add a flag 512 (double spells modifier) to Effect 42 (Wizard Spell Slots Modifier)

[A64_FR24] Add a flag 512 (double spells modifier) to 62 (Priest Spell Slots Modifier)

[A64_FR25] Allow increment/decrement of proficiencies for Effect 233 (Proficiency Modifier)

[A64_FR31] Externalize what races may dual-class

[A64_FR42] Externalize Barbarian's (and Dwarven Defender's) HP table

[A64_FR43] Externalize which HP table is used for classes

[A64_FR44] Externalize racial restrictions for class and school of magic

[A64_FR46] Externalise which item slots are amenable to pickpocketing

[A64_FR55] Externalise creature-specific item restrictions

[A64_FR61] Allow customization of spells that may be cast while silenced

[A64_FR64] Restore the function of the PickPocketFailed() trigger.

[A64_FR67] Contingency's child spells casting time fix.

[A64_FR70] Externalise which mage spells are hidden from spell selection screens

[A64_FR71] Externalise race selection string references

[A64_FR73] Externalise the number of weapon slots allowable in the inventory

Mirror Image Fix (may be used with or without the main component)

This .exe patch fixes mirror images so they no longer protect from AoE spells such as Fireball. As with the other .exe patches, this will probably only work if you are using the ToB v26498 patch for PCs.

When i remember correctly, its not needed in EE. MI does not protect against AoE.

I found the reference here. See [ToBEx_FR13].

Well in my latest games without the Fix in EE (latest version) MI does in fact protect from AoE. Just tested it.

Hi, thought I would like to offer some feedback about taking the beta version from December 2016 through BG 1 and SoD.

I love most the changes and new spells, especially True Strike (for my bard), but also the new summons, especially the shadows.

Bugs I encountered:

• Several incorrect strings (modmerge was used correctly, other mods were fine), including: name of familiar item in backpack (description was ok), summoned creatures from new spells (e.g. shadows and serpents) and when mages prebuffed with some of the new spells in the log
  • With revised SCS (probably a bug there instead) and only long-lasting pre-buffs, enemy spellcaster still start short duration summon spells at the start of combat (Summon Monster, mostly slimes)
  • Not sure if it was SR, but the ghost of the bard on the first outdoor SoD map (the menhir quest), is supposed to vanish the end by casting some sort of spell. With SR he cast shapeshift: spirit troll instead and remained on the map (non-hostile, looking normal, not like a spirit troll)

Changes I did not like:

• Haste. It was always party-wide in any D&D game. It is also the counter to slow, which is also an AoE. Really dislike it being single-target.
  • I miss the old clairvoyance, which I liked to use to see the entire map.
  • Also, I miss having access to a spell that lower spell resistance a bit at or before Level 5.

Also some thoughts of the changes to True Sight, ND and Improved Invisiblity: not played BG 2 but followed the discussion. As it is, this will be quite a nerf to Edwin and Conjurers in general, as they are barred from True Sight and will not be able to dispell spell protections from a protected mage. I know there are items that cast True Sight for you (Gem of Seeing and Book of Infinite Spells with luck), so there are workarounds, but still. Have you considered making True Sight castable on party members?

Have not decided yet, but I will probably not take it into BG 2 right now, due to the monster summoning thing at combat start (I do not want to fight Greater Basilisk whenever I fight a high-level mage) and the true-sight thing. Maybe I will have a stab at changing these in my installation instead.

Thanks for making this mod. Once it is a bit more stable, it will probably be part of my standard installation.

I wonder Is it intended that True Seeing(/Sight) grants 'non-dispelable' immunity to blindness.

I don't think so. If no other effects are non-dispelable, this one shouldn't be either.

With revised SCS (probably a bug there instead) and only long-lasting pre-buffs, enemy spellcaster still start short duration summon spells at the start of combat (Summon Monster, mostly slimes)

Fwiw, I've never considered much about these pre-buff options SCS has available (I always use full prebuff and never even tried anything else).

I'll remove these insta summons alltogether. After playing with it for a while, I don't really like it either.

:Haste. It was always party-wide in any D&D game. It is also the counter to slow, which is also an AoE. Really dislike it being single-target.

I already mentioned this to Demi, since I don't like it either.

Here's the score : Haste and it's big brother Imp.Haste are probably the 2 hardest spells to balance in this game. For more than one reason.

One is level 3, other is level 6. Haste opcode is buggy and causes issues, so we removed that. Vanilla game Imp.Haste is basically a 120 second Whirlwind attack for dual-wielders (it's a freakin' HLA!), so you can understand why this spell needed to be toned down.

That leaves you with a hardcoded engine limit of 5 attacks per round. Now, with this taken into consideration, options on balancing these are kinda limited. Numerous things were tested; like Haste being +1 apr; imp.haste being +2 apr etc. ; none of which seemed to balance both spells; when you take their level/effect into account.

Fwiw - I came up with a rather neat tweak for them. It's not included in SR; Demi hasn't responded on it; but it works - I made Haste (level 3) grant + 1/2 apr and gave it an AoE, while removing AC/THAC0 bonuses from it. This way, Imp.Haste is kept really "improved" (no fatigue, bonus AC/Thac0, retains AoE) while Haste is back to its more vanilla flavour (party wide buff, but with only half apr bonus). To make level 3 version a bit more appealing, I've tweaked it's duration to 1 turn+1round/level, so it doesn't get totally obsolete when level 6 version comes online.

Another way to tweak Imp.Haste is to revert it to single-target again, and buff it a bit (I once tweaked it into Executioner's Eyes; so characters would crit on a roll of 15 and above...it's fun since AI uses it and combined with "revised critical hit aversion" from IR it's a blast of a spell).

As it is, this will be quite a nerf to Edwin and Conjurers in general, as they are barred from True Sight and will not be able to dispell spell protections from a protected mage. I know there are items that cast True Sight for you (Gem of Seeing and Book of Infinite Spells with luck), so there are workarounds, but still. Have you considered making True Sight castable on party members?

Yea, Conjurers are definitely nerfed by this; in case of Edwin that might not be so bad however (+2 spells per level amulet? I'm always surprised IR didn't tweak this item...). Note that True Seeing isn't the only spell that counters imp.invisibility.

I'll make the changes about SCS-SR compat next week since I'm finally going on holidays and will have some time on my hands - pre-cast monsters will be gone for good. The thing that really made me change my mind about this is Yaga-Shura battle, that's kinda nuts indeed.

Thnx for feedback, appreciated.

...followed by ~5 rounds of fatigue seems good. And then Imp. Haste give +1 APR, maybe AC bonuses, and no fatigue?

... you mean the SR fatigue ?

Haste is powerful indeed... but that's almost as powerful as 10d6 fire damage... that's powerful too, if you got 10 - 30 zombies taking that damage, each.

Edwin's amulet is not the problem, the fact that Conjurer can cast multiple direct damage (invocation )spells is. All the while the Invokers can't summon nor do the one other stuff. Also clerics have True Sight spells... yeah, they can't cast Breach, but there's ways to go around those small limits.

+1/2 APR, followed by ~5 rounds of fatigue seems good. And then Imp. Haste give +1 APR, maybe AC bonuses, and no fatigue?

Yes, that's exactly how I handled it. Imp. Haste advantages over Haste are:

1) +0.5 apr (for a total of 1 extra apr)

2) +2 breath saves, AC and THAC0

3) no fatigue

Otoh, 3rd level has a longer (scaling) duration so Imp.Haste doesn't make it's lesser brother totally obsolete.