Feedback

Aesthetically I actually think there's a fairly good case for using the water weird (I use it intentionally in SCS's IWD spell component).Elementals in BG2 have a fairly consistent aesthetic that's quite different from the blocky humanoid elementals in IWD, and (imo) the water weird fits that aesthetic better than the IWD elemental.

FWIW when I made a water elemental summons once upon a time, I just used the ice golem animation, which was in the TOB files and, while frozen, is still water.  Close enough!  But yeah the various mods that do this use IWD resources, I believe - generally one or the other of the two Jarno showed.

On 9/2/2020 at 6:20 AM, DavidW said:

Aesthetically I actually think there's a fairly good case for using the water weird (I use it intentionally in SCS's IWD spell component).Elementals in BG2 have a fairly consistent aesthetic that's quite different from the blocky humanoid elementals in IWD, and (imo) the water weird fits that aesthetic better than the IWD elemental.

Sure... but have you seen it "walk" ? Cause I would remember it to: not be able to ! Or it looked horriffic... cause it's not humanoid.

On 12/24/2020 at 11:42 PM, JediMindTrix said:

How is Magic Fang supposed to work visually? Whenever I use it in game, in either the beta and revisions versions, nothing seems to happen.

I;m pretty sure it adds bonuses appropriately; but be aware it only adds bonuses to the creatures summoned by SR's Summon Animals spells. It doesn't work with other mods' animals (like SCS/IWDification beetles), or with charmed animals or the like.

12 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

I;m pretty sure it adds bonuses appropriately; but be aware it only adds bonuses to the creatures summoned by SR's Summon Animals spells. It doesn't work with other mods' animals (like SCS/IWDification beetles), or with charmed animals or the like.

It does, I opened the .spl, there just doesn't seem to be any vfx associated with it, and since it's a mod it made me assume it was a bug lol. I saw that list too. Thanks!

I really love these mods, but am encountering a number of errors when it comes to scripting and having desired reactions. Specifically:

• Dispelling Screen does not update a state/spellstate on the character, so standard checks like WIZARD_SPELL_IMMUNITY are not working as originally designed. This impacts not knowing if the spell is already cast on the player, so it will keep casting, or determining if the enemy has it up so a script can react appropriately. My recommendation is updating the Spell State of WIZARD_SPELL_IMMUNITY to 1 on any character with Dispelling Screen. This is the same value that SI: Abjuration uses, so there should be no negative impact with SCS
  • Scripts are not accurately targeting invisible enemies with Non-Detection with spells after True Sight is cast (specifically the character who cast True Sight is not able to target them). To be clear, the enemy is targetable manually; however, there appears to be a script state working in the background that prevents automated detection by scripts and allowing the character to cast a spell. I think this involves how Non-Detection works in SRR and how True Sight no longer changes the spell state on the enemy like it has in the past since only the character who cast True Sight is able to cast a spell on an invisible creature with Non-Detection. I imagine SCS has some difficulties around this; however, they use a mix of both regular spell casting and forced spellcasting that will work whether the creature is targetable or not. This is a tougher one for me to wrap my head around on figuring out the appropriate way to make it work correctly. 
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.