Bit off topic but a little help?

It isn't game breaking, but it is irritating.

I have played through the OC to the point in the game where you meet Wolf, Dory, and the other orphans outside the flagon several times. I have heard that you are supposed to get a cutscene with them upon reentering the flagon. No show. If this scene does exist I have never gotten it.

I was wondering if someone could tell me how I can get this to trigger if it really does exist and I'm not just being silly. I searched the bioware forums and couldn't find anything. Any help would be very appreciated. I seriously doubt this is caused by your mod, I've heard way too much about script missfires already, but it is annoying and knowing how to fix it would be nice.

Thanks.

I've had this scene happen precisely once, and I'm still not sure exactly how it happened. I'd been leaving Qara behind more often, so that might have had something to do with it. It seems like there are so many things that happen when you leave the Flagon with Qara, and only so many times you're going to be leaving the Flagon during the window where the exchange with Wolf can occur, that it almost never happens.

I was hoping that they'd take up residence around Neverwinter, and would allow me to move between areas like they do at Crossroad Keep, but apprently not. It's just a feel-good kind of thing where you know that you're keeping orphans off the streets.

Heh. I've actually played the game all the way through only three times, however I've played through chunks of it dozens of times while testing different configurations and/or script combos.

In summary, Wolf an Co. show up outside the Flagon and there's a split second where you're not sure whether you've earned their trust or whether they're going to roll you for every copper in your possession (and you're going to let them, because they're just kids). Then Wolf says that he and his "family" have nowhere else to go, and can they pretty-please stay at the Flagon, and they promise to make themselves useful and not break anything expensive. And why not? After all, Uncle Duncan puts up with Qara's lip, and he hasn't turned Grobnar out on his ear yet, despite his lack of singing, and he doesn't object to Khelgar draining his kegs dry every night... and the gods know how long he had Bishop lingering on as a freeloader, standing there insulting the girls and running a smuggling ring from inside his establishment.

OK, I improvised everything from "Uncle Duncan" on, but you get the idea.

Editor's note: The run-on sentences were intentional here, and do not reflect mod content. :rolleyes:

Editor's note: The run-on sentences were intentional here, and do not reflect mod content. ;)

:rolleyes:

But you are correct. Does not reflect mod content AT ALL. I have been nothing but ecstatic with Casavir, even if Bishop is more to my tastes. :mwaha:

My friend is head over heels for Casavir. We fight for the computer. :D

If you go into the flaggon directly after helping Wolf and then go outside again it should fire. It has always fired for me. Perhaps all the things with quara must have happened first.

If you go into the flaggon directly after helping Wolf and then go outside again it should fire. It has always fired for me. Perhaps all the things with quara must have happened first.

No, I meant that the scene outside the flagon always fires, but I had heard that there was supposed to be a scene when you head back into the flagon after recieving that one... Maybe I was wrong?

Archived