Question for Sister V

Cal Jones

I've been a bit quiet on the BG forums lately - reason being is I finally ponied up the cash and bought a new PC, so I'm now able to play newer game such as Oblivion and Mass Effect. Yay! But I have installed BG2 on there and made sure it worked, so I'll be coming back to that at some point. Main thing is, I've played pretty much all the existing NPC and quest mods that interest me, so I'm now just waiting for the others that intrigue me to be finished. Just wondering how your new project is coming along. :rolleyes:

Oh and I have booked my rollercoaster holiday to Korea and Japan in September - so finally I get to go there. Another yay.

Hey, welcome back Cal! ;)

To answer your question, I did nearly all the writing for my new project last August; but since then, my collaborators have been hit with a lot of RL stuff--and to be honest I've been pretty busy too, so maybe I wouldn't have had time to work on it myself.

Still, most of it is there. I've toyed with putting it up for adoption, but it seems like the whole mod scene is slowing down, so I'm not sure it could find coders even if I handed them creative control. If anyone is interested, it's possible I could just upload the text somewhere...it might work as a pure piece of writing [although some people including Domi did voice work for it too, and it'd be a shame to lose that]

Anyhow, have fun! :mwaha: I might be going back to Japan this June. I remember I was really active on these forums the last time I was there...all making posts from my host family's computer...*sigh*

Cheers!

SV

I've been a bit quiet on the BG forums lately - reason being is I finally ponied up the cash and bought a new PC, so I'm now able to play newer game such as Oblivion and Mass Effect. Yay! But I have installed BG2 on there and made sure it worked, so I'll be coming back to that at some point. Main thing is, I've played pretty much all the existing NPC and quest mods that interest me, so I'm now just waiting for the others that intrigue me to be finished. Just wondering how your new project is coming along. :rolleyes:

Oh and I have booked my rollercoaster holiday to Korea and Japan in September - so finally I get to go there. Another yay.

Hi you two - I shan't even begin to apologise for not being present...

;)

... I'm now able to play newer game such as Oblivion

It's quite something isn't it? I have to drag myself out of a little castle I have there, kicking and screaming... Some really nice guy on one of the forums made a couple of dogs to go with the castle (I told him it just needed dogs to be perfect so he made them and wove them into the story) and I swear I forget which is RL, there or here... :) I know which I prefer... :grin:

but it seems like the whole mod scene is slowing down

Arghhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooo. I come back every summer, clean BG and put a load of new stuff on as well as some old faves. No matter what has happened during the year rpg-wise, I always end up at SoA and since David et al did their 'makeover' to ToB, that too.

I hope the proj surfaces. No matter how good the graphics and the latest engines, there is something timeless about BG; and SoA is my favourite, sans doute.

Good holidays to you both!

Archived