Bug Reports

It should trigger either of two of them if I'm reading the BAF right; one about the apparatus or one after Torgal, et. al., bite the dust. P#KorganCellar=1 is set, so that should knock out the Torgal one. The local variable P#KIKO isn't set, so could the problem be arising because I never got their first talk?

I'm having a problem but I'm not sure if has anything to do with this Mod. I'm playing Kivan but when I loaded a saved game he immediately had a 'Drow Transformation'. Nothing about him seems different other than he now looks like a Drow. Of course if I load a game inside Athlaka then the Cowled Wizards show up because I have used magic in the city. I thought it might be his equipment so I dropped all his gear and loaded again but it keeps happening. Has anyone else experienced this?

One more bug to report.

It seems the initial dialogue of the Jaheira romance ("Where to now, fearless leader?") is replaced by the Kivan dialogue about his inconsistency in following goals.  It still qualifies as starting the romance, though, as her music still plays and her dialogue upon being removed from the group changes to the romance version.

I've replayed through the same section multiple times and had the same bug pop up.  I have a slew of mods installed but I'm not sure how any others would cause this to happen.

This problem did not happen to me I must add.

Even tho I am trying my hardest NOT to romance her she keeps persisting! I am only being nice!

Also I can say that kaiven trys to ditch me too when he first joins the party, minor glitch so dun worry about it much.

I have a couple soundset issues to report.

The first is his lack of the two extra lines that all other NPCs received with ToB; instead of their simply not existing, however, their places are filled by lines from the default PC soundset.  Definitely somewhat goofy sounding.

The same problem occurs with the 'weapon ineffective' line.  I don't see how that default soundset could fit any character, let alone a dark and brooding one.

Also, some lines that had BG1 equivalents have unfitting replacements in Kivan of Shilmista (for example, every time he takes damage he says 'my need for revenge gives me strength to go on...' while there was obviously a suitable grunt in BG1).

Aside from the somewhat confusing introduction (he says 'follow me' during the initial dialogue, implying there is some sort of immediate task at hand), I haven't encountered any other problems so far.

I think that the sound set is just find and really all you should do is try to hack up a few lines from other bg1 chats kivan has(I know not too many voices but we can try)

I think you should keep his orignal soundset as far as clicking on the port etc etc.

Now, that's odd. I had Nalia (no Aerie) when visiting Cellars and it triggered the correct banter in my case.

I can conferm it must be having Aerie that messes this up because I just got through the keep with the right banters.

I type this up while uninstalling some of the more insanely overpowered parts of the tactics mod so I will not really have much time(at the end of the game I wanna beat it!)

So far I have noticed two bugs, one being the part with Kivans wife, I am in hell and have yet to get the chance to restore her and I am a paladin kit, it may be something to do with me being a kit and not just a paladin, also if thats not a bug and it happens after then final battle heres one for ya

Right after I got her and then rested she disapeared, I was unable to select her nor could I find her.

Next is the haper chat with Jaheria, it plays more then once.

That is all.

Also I hope you write better lines for when you click of Kavins wife, "Want a drink?" is not something I would think anyone to say.

Guest sister_sinister

Okay, my old man suggested that I report all the Kivan bugs that I have seen thus far. The font when he speaks is all caps, and the dialogue doesn't fit the action. And the string fix key doesn't do anything but freeze the computer.

Thanks... :rolleyes:

That sounds like you installed the official patch or a non - WeiDU mod after a WeiDU mod, or else installed a patch or mod while the game or an editor was running.

You should uninstall your mods and start again in the correct order - official patch, a non - WeiDU mod if you want one, then WeiDU mods. And make sure no editors, or the game, are running during installation.

Guest moonblade_angel

Wasn't sure whether to post this on the Kelsey forum or here so I did it on both. I think there is a major conflict between the Kelsey Mod and the Kivan of Shilmista mod as when Cerea appears to try take Kelsey away he keeps intitiating flirt talk with the main character. I used the Kelsey fix button but then he started to intiate dialogue using Kivan's first dialogue i.e 'Tampa stop! I have searched forever...etc'

I'm guessing I'm going to have uninstall one of them to make it right :rolleyes:

Archived