Bug Reports

Wasn't sure whether to post this on the Kelsey forum or here so I did it on both. I think there is a major conflict between the Kelsey Mod and the Kivan of Shilmista mod as when Cerea appears to try take Kelsey away he keeps intitiating flirt talk with the main character. I used the Kelsey fix button but then he started to intiate dialogue using Kivan's first dialogue i.e 'Tampa stop! I have searched forever...etc'
Erm... I'm not sure how that has happened. I have found a typo (make that 2 typos, no, wait... 3) that would prevent Kivan's fix working, but nothing should be interfering with Kelsey's fix like that.

I'm sorry for posting this in my other topic too, but there's a weird problem with Kivan. When I first meet, he suddenly runs up to me and says: 'demons? I don't see any demons here' or something alike. Later on, he initiates conversation and he just says nothing, and like the first time, I couldn't leave dialogue... :)

This indicates a problem with messed up strings - ie something is up with dialogue.tlk file. It usually happen when you installed a non-WeiDU mod after WeiDU. Can you quote your EXACT installation order starting with BG2 and listing all patches, fixes and mods?

Sorry for not replying. There have been troubles with BG 2 taking a lot of tries to get started, and then it stops after a couplle of minutes playtime, and ToB seems to make this worse. So... I'm doing it all over again...

About Kivan. I was able to let him join by speaking to him first, but he didn't have a soundset. I reinstalled the soundset and it said something like 'there is no file found named 'Kivan_sound' ( just an example ) ...

So what do you propose?

SoA

ToB

official patches

Kivan mod

Uhm, I think someone mentioned the Mac-specific forum, so you might be able to get some tips and tricks from those guys about how to make your game run better. IIRC, there was some trouble with ToB Mac users experienced... but I know pretty much nothing about Macs.

The easiest thing to do with Kiv's soundset is to check your override folder and see if you have a bunch of KIVANXX.WAV files in it (where XX stands for 01, 02 etc). If you do, then it's installed properly...

I've a problem with 5 friend talk, when group went go to sleep, appeared command P#KIKO4(instead of kivan talk) and in Shadow Kepper I had :

P#KIFRIENDTALK 431408(before was 9...)

P#KIFRIENDTALKTIME 232682

P#KITALKTIME 205225

P#KIVANEXISTS 1

P#KIVANFRIEND 2

P#KIVANFRIENDSTART 1

P#KIVANJOINED 1

P#KIVANLOVE 2

P#KIVANRESTBANTER 1

P#KIVANRESTTIMER 76849

Any help? ;);)???

(my English is terrible I know, sorry)

That's mean that Kivan-Korgan script is glitching - thank you, I will check it. Can you provide the details of disturbance that it caused to the game?

Did Kivan 'stutter'?

You were unable to rest?

Anything else dire happened?

No, he hadn't sttuter.

When I clicked "rest" , appeared "#PKIKO4(end I was unable rest, it was blocked for moment, another "click" cancel that, but friend talk wasn't appear. Next camp wasn't exert any influence... And alll came to a standstilll ;)

And, sometimes, when group was very tired and sleepy, appeared comand "FriendTalk", "GLOBAL", 1 but nothing happened.

The script appears to be fine. Could you try the following - it worked for me -

reset your:

Global("P#KivanFriend","GLOBAL",1)

Global("P#KiFriendTalk","GLOBAL",10)

try to put the party to sleep in the dark time of the day (you can advance time by Ctrl+t)

you should then see the ~'Quel undome, a'maelamin Deheriana. '~ and on waking up the

~I have noticed that you are the only one...

Archived