Beta Testing the Latest Version

v4: Batch file finished properly, "no files missing". Ran into slight trouble on one component of the mod. By the way, the install is much faster now. :rolleyes: Just those crazy animation conversions taking up time now.

Installing [Collected string updates]

Copying and patching 7 files ...

[iwd_in_bg2/rules/avalanch.2da] loaded, 151 bytes

override/avalanch.2da copied to iwd_in_bg2/backup/570/avalanch.2da, 124 bytes

Copied [iwd_in_bg2/rules/avalanch.2da] to [override/avalanch.2da]

[iwd_in_bg2/rules/howdrag.2da] loaded, 167 bytes

override/howdrag.2da copied to iwd_in_bg2/backup/570/howdrag.2da, 140 bytes

Copied [iwd_in_bg2/rules/howdrag.2da] to [override/howdrag.2da]

ERROR: error loading [iwd_in_bg2/rules/intro.2da]

Stopping installation because of error.

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED convert animations

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Convert GUI

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED copy over portraits

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED convert soundsets

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED convert music

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Thieves use light crossbows

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Resting in towns

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Collected string updates

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Collected EXE hacks

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Decompress NARR files

Don't have an intro.2da in the rules folder, but do have the other 2das.

Same here. After over three hours on a two step install with v2, v4 was 45 minutes and it immediately closed the install window when it finished. So I checked the DEBUG file.

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED convert animations

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Convert GUI

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED copy over portraits

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED convert soundsets

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED convert music

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Thieves use light crossbows

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Resting in towns

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Collected string updates

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Collected EXE hacks

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Decompress NARR files

So I checked the DEBUG further.

Installing [Collected string updates]

Copying and patching 7 files ...

[iwd_in_bg2/rules/avalanch.2da] loaded, 151 bytes

override/avalanch.2da copied to iwd_in_bg2/backup/570/avalanch.2da, 124 bytes

Copied [iwd_in_bg2/rules/avalanch.2da] to [override/avalanch.2da]

[iwd_in_bg2/rules/howdrag.2da] loaded, 167 bytes

override/howdrag.2da copied to iwd_in_bg2/backup/570/howdrag.2da, 140 bytes

Copied [iwd_in_bg2/rules/howdrag.2da] to [override/howdrag.2da]

ERROR: error loading [iwd_in_bg2/rules/intro.2da]

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Collected string updates], rolling back to previous state

Will uninstall 2 files for [iWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2] component 570.

Restoring backed-up [iwd_in_bg2/backup/570/avalanch.2da]

iwd_in_bg2/backup/570/avalanch.2da copied to override/avalanch.2da, 124 bytes

Restoring backed-up [iwd_in_bg2/backup/570/howdrag.2da]

iwd_in_bg2/backup/570/howdrag.2da copied to override/howdrag.2da, 140 bytes

Uninstalled 2 files for [iWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2] component 570.

IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2 0 15 Installed

IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2 0 20 Installed ~convert animations~

IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2 0 60 Installed ~Convert GUI~

IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2 0 100 Installed ~copy over portraits~

IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2 0 110 Installed ~convert soundsets~

IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2 0 210 Installed ~convert music~

IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2 0 430 Installed ~Thieves use light crossbows~

IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2 0 560 Installed ~Resting in towns~

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "iwd_in_bg2/rules/intro.2da")

PLEASE email the file SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.DEBUG to www.gibberlings3.net

Automatically Skipping [Collected string updates] because of error.

Using Language [English]

[English] has 1 top-level TRA files

[iwd_in_bg2/languages/english/setup.tra] has 14 translation strings

I know I'm pretty much restating what Mike1072 said. Just want to know if the install is complete or kaput.

v4: Batch file finished properly, "no files missing".
Did you try to restart the setup-iwd_in_bg2.exe? As for me, it give me option to reinstall the already installed parts, and then install the not already installed parts :rolleyes::mwaha::D And there was like a dozen components that were not installed. ;)

Then I started the game and the interface said that I could start the BG2:SoA or ToB. :D

By the way, the installer had few points I hade to push Enter... I hated those.

v4: Batch file finished properly, "no files missing".
Did you try to restart the setup-iwd_in_bg2.exe? As for me, it give me option to reinstall the already installed parts, and then install the not already installed parts :mwaha::rolleyes:

DON'T DO THAT.

Installation instructions are different for v4 - as I said on the other thread, running setup-iwd_in_bg2 manually will break things.

(What's going on under the hood, incidentally, is that I'm running the whole converter on my machine, then packaging the results and distributing them - everything except components that change the dialog file, the exe, or build files too large to distribute (e.g., the animations).

I'm just about to post a hotfix for the small installation problem.

As of v4, I'll be trying to produce hotfixes rather than full releases of the converter. The hotfix will be a weidu mod itself. Uninstall any previous version before installing.

Could you explain a little bit more about the hotfix?

From what I can gather, the only thing known to be wrong with the v4 installer is that the string component doesn't install correctly. Your hotfix archive has just a setup-hotfix.tp2 containing a fixed version of this component - I assume that installing this after the v4 installation finishes should give us a working game.

The hotfix archive currently tries to run the iwd_in_bg2\iwd_in_bg2.bat script after extracting. Combined with the "Uninstall any previous version before installing" message, unless I'm mistaken, it seems likely that some people will end up installing everything again for nothing. Anyway, I'd also suggest changing the message to "Uninstall any previous version of the hotfixes before installing" just so people are clear, and maybe state that the hotfixes are to be installed after the v4 installation has completed.

did anyone else have to manually edit the icewind.ini so that CD1 points to the installation directory and not the cd drive. If I dont do that I have to click continue about a gabillion times during the resources installation. Weird because it never happened with V2 and they are all full installs.

did anyone else have to manually edit the icewind.ini so that CD1 points to the installation directory and not the cd drive. If I dont do that I have to click continue about a gabillion times during the resources installation. Weird because it never happened with V2 and they are all full installs.
I didn't need to... but I my icewind.ini already was updated to show the correct current directory for the CD/1:2:3.

Now that I have wised up and not re-started the setup-iwd_in_bg2.exe and after using the quick fix everything looks fine, but there was no setup-ice_tutu_tweaks.exe, so I guess I have to make one and start it... :rolleyes:

...quickly after making a backup of the originals... and then mod the game a bit more with ii- mods and Widescreen+(WeiDUv210)beta.exe, that's my story and I am sticking with it.

As of v4, I'll be trying to produce hotfixes rather than full releases of the converter. The hotfix will be a weidu mod itself. Uninstall any previous version before installing.

Could you explain a little bit more about the hotfix?

From what I can gather, the only thing known to be wrong with the v4 installer is that the string component doesn't install correctly. Your hotfix archive has just a setup-hotfix.tp2 containing a fixed version of this component - I assume that installing this after the v4 installation finishes should give us a working game.

Yep.

The hotfix archive currently tries to run the iwd_in_bg2\iwd_in_bg2.bat script after extracting.

I don't understand that at all if so. My version doesn't - it's just a plain WEIDU mod. Weird...

Anyway, I'd also suggest changing the message to "Uninstall any previous version of the hotfixes before installing" just so people are clear, and maybe state that the hotfixes are to be installed after the v4 installation has completed.

Will do - that's indeed exactly what I meant.

The hotfix archive currently tries to run the iwd_in_bg2\iwd_in_bg2.bat script after extracting.

I don't understand that at all if so. My version doesn't - it's just a plain WEIDU mod. Weird...

It's the archive itself. It has SFX commands to launch the .bat file.

It's the archive itself. It has SFX commands to launch the .bat file.

duh. Thanks, I just copied the SFX over and forgot its details. Fixing now.

Ouh, F

So, aah :mwaha: , does it matter if I installed the latest IwDinBG2 twice? ;):rolleyes: I was unable to see any errors or effects caused by this...

Ouh, F

So, aah :mwaha: , does it matter if I installed the latest IwDinBG2 twice? :rolleyes:;) I was unable to see any errors or effects caused by this...

I don't think so.

with a new install is hotfix 4.1 still needed or will 4.2 suffice?
There read somewhere that you need only the v4 and the last hot fix, and if you have an earlier fix, it would need to be uninstalled, before the new is installed, so 4.2 will suffice.

Archived