Beta Testing the Latest Version

I'm testing it at that time.

Sorry, i don't wait for the end of the game to give my feedback.

Sorry, this is a mix of bug report and remark.

- I'm a french guy. IWD-BG2 have all texts in french, (except video audios) except a bit of thems. One from lysan, one from the townpeople, etc...

- There is a bug with an Arundel dialog. Instead of "talk me about the equilibre" (a response of the player), the text is "I'll do my best to retrieve her. You can cast a quest spell on me"

- There are around 40 shadows just south of the enter of Kreslack dungeon. And they respawn.... and about 30 near the enter of the dungeon. Sorry, i have use the ctrl+Y.

- Ghouls and Ghasts have the anim of a ghost.

- My sorcerer have a too small window for choose is spells. He miss a half of thems. (an idea is to keep BG2 guy)

- Where is the rest buttton ? For me, it's the button of a sub-screen.

- Kresselack is asking to me to kill the priestess of Aurile, and my diary is updated : "i have reported to kresselack taht i have kill Lysan..... he offert his treasure... ", so the end of quest dialog, not the start of quest.

I believe in this project, so good luck for the rest :thumbsup:

Edit :

And so on, end of the game :-/

The Kresselck dialog bug made another bug : I cannot tell to Arundel that shadows are innocents and lysan is dead. He always ask to me to visit the valley.

Lysan is dead, kresselack as thanks me and tell me that the source isn't him, so... i have nothing else to do, end of the game :-/

@ deratiseur - This is an open beta, lots of bug. There are several variables that fail to set, some transfer points not reachable, etc... I'm sure you get the point.

There are some good posts here about what was encountered. Please read through this topic and see if some of your questions get answered. Also, I'd like to know if you can validate some of my findings.

Now, if we could just get another Hotfix...

Herewith some incredibly belated bug-report responses. (I'm mostly posting this for my own convenience.) "Superceded" means that I understand the general issue here and know why the bug occurred, and I've fixed that general issue, but I haven't re-tested in game. When I say "cannot reproduce", I mean "cannot reproduce on v5", which was heavily modified before I even begin going through bug reports. It's likely, in most of these cases, that I would have been able to reproduce it with v4.2.

Starting with Kulyok.

- a definite lag when I press "Done" while choosing/editing Biography or importing a character; no lag on choosing Biography, if "clear" was chosen and bio is empty,

Can't reproduce

- when I try to select weapons(fist)m both fists are highlighted(three fists, if it's a warrior),

Can reproduce; don't understand.

- upon hitting ALT-Tab and then returning to the game the font is often lost - in my dialogue window/profile(when I try and customize NPC's scripts) I see lines of abra kadabra. In a new conversation(after another pair of ALT-Tabs) the proper dialogue font returns(or not returns - random),

Can't reproduce

- no journal entry upon receiving a "bugs in Easthaven tavern" quest,

Vanilla-IWD issue; leaving for mods

- when I choose a room in an inn, the chosen room(peasant, merchant) doesn't get highlighted by cursor(like it was in BG2),

Can reproduce; don't understand

- First level priest spell Remove Fear only affects the caster, not the party members nearby(the icon only appears on my priest's portrait),

Superceded

- there is no correct way out of the area where the missing caravan is(you can get to this area by exiting Easthaven, but there's no way out - the "exit area" icon just doesn't appear in the right place; it appears somwhere over the rocks, not over the area border), same goes for caves in Kuldahar pass and the tower - exits are not as clear as they were in IWD,

Fixed.

- in Everard's Temple, you can buy as many healing/antidote/etc potions as you want. Since it's not possible in BG2/tutu(and where it's possible, fixpacks take care of it), it may be worth patching. Same goes for Gerth's Kuldahar shop(throwing axes, for example), Kuldahar smithy and others,

Vanilla-game issue (and not obviously a bug); ignoring

- my inquisitor guy has a Mind Shield icon upon him(no magical equipment, though). As Keldorn doesn't have it, probably my paladin shouldn't, either?

Superceded

- when removing a char from a party, "done" key is empty and has no name(the empty button s in the middle of the bottom of the screen, and the name of the key is right under "remove" key, on the right side of the screen),

Can't reproduce

- when I look at my saved game - .gam file - in Near Infinity, I do not see other NPCs - only my protagonist(with "export allowed flag") replicated six times in six slots. With BG2 saves, it was definitely different,

Can't reproduce

- in Kuldahar Inn, in the room where the innkeeper is, there's something wrong with the floor: green circles on party members show near the exit, but disappear when the party crosses the room,

- Theric and his undead do not attack in the tomb, and my archers slay them easily(Vale of Shadows)

Fixed

- my first level barbarian girl rolled 23 hp on character creation(16 CON, elf),

Fixed

- my game crashed twice while I tried to deal with broken armor from Theric's cave(it had a "open container" option, too). I decided to leave it alone,

Fixed

- there are _a lot_ of shadows near the main tomb in the Vale of Shadows. I do _not_ have the spawns at max, I play at normal difficulty, and I remember that in IWD, there were nor nearly as many of them,

Fixed

- ring of the warrior in Theric's cave has a "ring of protection" icon, whereas the cloak of protection I found at the mill had a completely different icon. I'm for using BG2 standards(since it's BG2 engine, it's "all for comfort of BG2 players"), but it's just me.

Fixed

Kulyok cont:

- on Lonelywood map there are four or five map notes that say "Tower of Orrick the Grey"

Fixed. (Bug in ice-tutu-tweaks, not in the converter proper)

- Quick-save and Auto-save are marked "ToB"

Unfixable. (HoW is occupying the "expansion" slot in the BG2 engine, which is hard-coded to be called "ToB" in some contexts.

Serious:

- at the very beginning of some of my games I could not save: the game encountered a runtime error during a save and/or quicksave and closed. (I thought it was IWD NPC, but I did some experiments and - no, I have saves with and without them. It might be a protagonist imported from ToB with ToB items/or just a sorceress protagonist - at least, it happened with three random sorceress protagonists, two of them newly created).

Can't reproduce

- In Kresselack's tomb, second level, I can bypass the closed doors: the "open door" icon is still present. (and, yeah, these "open door" icons can be difficult to find, as I said earlier)

Fixed.

- Arundel refuses to acknowledge that we've done Kresselack's quest and killed Auril's girl, Lysan. He still says his "you must make haste" line.

Global("AR3000_Visited", "GLOBAL", 1) - here's the problem. In my game, for example, it doesn't exist. These "visited" vars probably need careful examining. And, yes, same goes for

Global("AR3600_Visited", "GLOBAL", 1) and so on.

Fixed

- Dragon's Eye is not available, if you exit Kuldahar on the left, to Kuldahar Pass. If you exit to the right, to the Vale of Shadows, Dragon's Eye are becomes available.

Same is true for the Severed Hand. Maybe for other "big" areas, too.

Did IWD not work that way too? If not, it must be something to do with a difference in the way the engines handle maps. Will fix, non-urgently, if someone can confirm IWD works differently.

- The exit from the first level of Dragon's Eye is not available properly: due to the location of the door icon, my party can just shift helplessly and listen to "you must gather your party" line.

(As I said, yes, door icons are a weak point). Same with AR4004.

Fixed

- Dragon's Eye, level 2, Mother Egenia(sp?) doesn't have anything to say to me(and I can't test my IWD NPC dialogue through her). PRobably it's about these pecky SPRITE_IS_DEAD and TalonitesDead/SomethingelseDead variables. Setting the variable corrects it.

Superceded.

- I do not see the Rest button. I see it in R(character sheet), and I can use taverns, but I do not see it in main menu(when the party wanders the dungeon).

Fixable (probably) but will take some time; postponing

- Dragon's Eye, level 4, says at rest: either find an inn or rest outside, you cannot rest here - even after you revealed the plot and killed the monsters. Not sure it's good

Will fix, if someone can confirm this isn't IWD-standard behaviour.

- Dragon's Eye, level 5: after the main battle, where we receive the gem, the invisible and hostile odd little girl remains, and my party members keep slashing at her.

I *think* I can reproduce this, but I don't understand it - she's actually been killed off by the spell she casts, she's not just invisible. May be a core game-engine issue, in which case unfixable.

- Arundel's death upstairs: his avatar, his dying figure is not visible until the conversation is over, we are talking to an empty room.

Fixed

GlobalGT("ARUNDEL_DEAD","GLOBAL",0) - variable does not get set, and IWD NPC loses two plot-critical dialogues(but I must've mentioned various IsDead variables above already).

Superceded.

- Tales of the Luremaster expansion is not available. There's something with the tiles of the floor or Lonelywood tavern(just like inKuldahar inn)

and halfling man does not spawn(not sure if he spawns and is invisible, because cursor doesn't show him).

Fixed (nothing to do with the floor, actually)

- Barbarian camp, AR9200, does not load(neither normally nor through MoveToArea). I'm sorry, but without it it's impossible to proceed further in Heart of Winter.

Fixed (corrupt animation)

Dorn's deep AR6001: it's impossible to cross the bridge and go downstairs: bad door sign(exit) location again. "You must gather your party", and this is it.

AR6002: same thing with left door(one in a big "cage", not one behind the round table).

Fixed

AR6003 does not want to load at all.

AR6010(circle of runes): after I solve the puzzle, the animation doesn't change, the stairs do not appear. The stairs _icon_, however, appears, and the party is able to proceed downstairs.

Can't reproduce (though on my version the stairs icon was always there; fixed). The puzzle isn't supposed to be solved until you leave and come back, as far as I can see; that works fine (though possibly it didn't on v4)

AR6011 - no exits and no entries - no exit icons, I mean. I have to exit this area via console. The player will be stuck.

Fixed

The tomb in the Hall of Heroes, with Terikan's journal - it's trapped. When this trap works, the game crashes. When my thief disarms the trap, everything is fine.

Superceded

Dorn's deep, cold forge: after completing Norlinor's task it's still cold forge: no working forge animation/area move, the party is not able to take the key and proceed.

Fixed (the bloody thing was hardcoded into the game)

(When I moved to "working forge area" via console, I noticed something strange: Norlinor(can't speak: "busy") was hovering near the forge, downstairs, and when I opened the container, it immediately closed, so I had to pause the game. It's as if an extra script was working in the background.)

Can't reproduce

- More than once I experienced a crash on running a map when first entering an area(Dorn's Deep main cave, Chapter 5 main area). On reloading crash disappears

Can reproduce (sporadically); don't understand. (This is my #1 most annoying problem.)

- Entrance to AR7002 - again, "you must gather your party"; not possible to enter. Same when exiting AR7000 straight to AR7005. Same when exiting AR7005 to AR7004.

In AR7004 it's not possible to go through the small tunnel between caves within the area from big cave to the smaller one(and as such, impossible to kill the priest(mage?) within).

Fixed

- It looks like 8008_SALAMANDERS_DEAD variable does not get set/incremented.

(Guello's quest cannot complete - maybe because of that).

Superceded

- AR8003(gnome pit) does not load.

- exit from AR8001 to AR8008 - party cannot enter.

Fixed

- brother Perdiem's area: even after we destroyed the altar, some of the Bone Golems continued to be alive(I mean, they all should've died, without exception).

Superceded

- after Marketh is dead, Ginafae's conversation still remains at "Marketh is alive - don't hurt him"(again, IsDead variables).

Superceded

- AR8009 does not load

- AR8010 does not load

Fixed (corrupted animation)

- I cannot exit from AR8012 to AR8013 with my party("must gather your party..."). Mind you, I had to create "krilag" and "malavon" items(badges) to even try it.

Fixed

- in Easthaven Finale, Everard was not with other villagers. Maybe it's like with Arundel: his "wounded" animation doesn't show, and we can't talk to him(finish the game/check IWD NPC Severn's dialogue).

Fixed (not the same problem as Arundel)

- I cannot exit from AR1101 to AR1102 with my party("must gather your party...").

- I cannot exit from AR1103 to AR1104 with my party("must gather your party...").

Fixed

- during the final cutscene with Everard, Jerrod's stone animation does not disappear and reappear, it just remains(and as such, the player will not understand Everard's sacrifice).

Fixed

- after the demon dies, we do not see the final movie(the coolest of all - where we find out who the narrator is!), but we get Throne of Bhaal credits instead.

Fixed.

And now grogerson:

Just finished a run through the Vale of Shadows. I'll run it again just in case I've a corrupted save because:

1. Loaded a saved game in Kuldahar before going to the Vale. Orogs appear and attack the villagers, and Arundel is outside his house attacking me. I can talk to him, he never turns red, but he is constantly attacking.

Can't reproduce (whether that's because of some other v5 change, I don't know)

2. On the initial entry into the Vale, the lesser shadows are triple the proper count. They respawn correctly. I've had a good Kuldahar save that did not multiply these.

Fixed

3. The ancient and broken armors found in the tombs have an "Open Container" button which, if clicked, crashes the game.

Fixed

4. I was unable to open the coffin in the crypt north of the big statue and yeti. Trying crashed the game.

Fixed

5. Like Kulyok, I could enter level three of Kresselack's tomb without opening the doors.

Fixed

6. When I return to Kuldahar, Arundel is still attacking me and does not recognize I've finished the Vale.

Can't reproduce the attack, can reproduce his not recognising

OK, I've gone through Kuldahar and the Vale again with a save from before entering Kuldahar. If I don't start from a save in Kuldahar everything's fine. If I start with a save in Kuldahar I have the neo-orog/Arundel problem. I'll have to check if it happens if I'm inside somewhere.

Can't reproduce

1. The broken and ancient armors still have an "open container" option that crashes the game.

Fixed

2. The crypt in AR3302 crashes the game if the trap goes off.

Fixed

3. Theric doesn't attack though hostile, though unlike Kulyok the zombies did.

Fixed

4. Lesser shadows near the entrance to K's tomb were doubled (8 v. 4).

Fixed

5. The global that Arundel uses to send you to the Temple of the Forgotten God is not being set.

Fixed (I think)

To date, I have found the following bugs:

1. Initial HP for barbarians is too high.

Fixed

2. In the Record window the Arbitration button had the Options icon, though it works properly.

Ignoring for now

3. Various creatures are 1XP low, generally low XP yielding creatures. Not a problem since we now get 10XP for trap removal/lock picking/spell scribing.

Ignoring

4. Loading a save from anywhere in Kuldahar, including buildings, results in the neo-orog attack before it's supposed to. The villagers attack them, and Arundel attacks you...

Cannot reproduce

5. Ghast and Ghoul animations are wrong animations (not sure what yet).

Fixed

6. Theric does not attack, even though showing red.

Fixed

7. The broken and ancient armors have an "Open Container" button, crashes game if tried.

Fixed

8. The tomb in AR3302 crashes the game if the trap is not removed. It's a Stinking Cloud spell.

Fixed

9. Globals for AR3000_Visited and AR3600_Visited not incrementing to 1. (Thank you Kulyok for posting these globals.)

Fixed

10. Verbeeg animation seems to be a mix of both Verbeeg and Tanari.

Fixed

11. Transition from AR4001 to AR4002 cannot be accessed.

Fixed

12. Regular troll animation is that of a drowned dead (HoW).

Fixed

13. Global for clearing the way for the prisoners to escape not incrementing, so you can't talk with Mother Egenia or free Sheemish. (What global needs to be set here?)

Superceded

14. Various spawns throughout the Vale of Shadows need to be examined. They can be from two to five times what they should.

Fixed

Finished Dragon's Eye now.

1. Container (AR4003, x3350 y1932) crashes game if trap set off.

Superceded

2. Albion's "call" does not bring everyone to him for battle. Summoners do not summon. No one attacks until visible.

Fixed

3. Marchon of Waterdeep, and party, came out to attack because "Dead_Yuan" global was at 14, not 15.

Superceded

4. Exit to AR4005 unreachable.

Fixed

5. Chest (AR4005, x432 y199) crashes game is trap is set off.

Superceded

6. The "odd little girl" may be invisible after Yxomomei appears, but party AI still want to attack her. Perhaps a "destroy self" command after disappearing is needed?

Can't reproduce

7. The neo-orog attack on return to Kuldahar was normal except for the attacking (and dying) townspersons. The dying Arundel appeared, but later than should be. I moved into the room, making it completely visible, before he appeared (could be tied to "fog of war").

Fixed insofar as I can reproduce it

Played through the Severed Hand.

1. The north ramp from AR5002 to AR5003 is unusable.

Fixed

2. The Light Crossbow of Defense has "Old Jed's House" for a description.

Can't reproduce

3. Killing Kaylessa gave me a 4 point reputation decrease.

Fixed

Other items of note.

4. Conlan does not buy or identify shields of any sort, though he should.

"Should" as in: he does in IWD? Will fix if so

Finished Upper Dorn's Deep with the following notes.

1. The enemies in AR6001 are 2-3 times proper number.

Fixed

2. The transfer point from AR6001 to AR6002, and AR6002 to AR6003 are misplaced and unreachable.

Fixed

3. MoveToArea to AR6003 crashes the game.

Fixed

4. There is no transfer point from AR6011 to AR6004/6013.

Fixed

5. The note trigger at the bottom of the AR6004 steps is for the AR1201 crates.

Can't reproduce (don't entirely understand)

6. The lich Terikan appeared in the upper left and the lower right of AR6005 before I even revealed him in his proper place.

Cannot reproduce (may have fixed while doing other things)

7. A coffin (AR6005, x675 y596) crashes the game if the trap is set off.

8. A coffin (AR6006, x503 y1058) crashes the game if the trap is set off.

Superceded

9. After destroying Terikan, you return to AR6004 with Norlinor at the top, instead of going to AR6013 with Norlinor at the bottom. I MoveToArea'd instead and everything ran normally. This may be a bad trigger.

Fixed

10. Ghasts and ghouls have Norlinor's animation (now clarified).

Fixed

11. Barbarians get an extra 9hp on initial generation. Every level up is normal.

Fixed

Wyrm's Tooth is now behind me.

1. The transfer point from AR7000 to AR7005 is unreachable.

Fixed

2. The aquarium (AR7001) is extremely sluggish. The less frost salamanders, the quicker the game becomes. Probably tied to the animation.

Can't reproduce

3. The transfer point from AR7005 to AR7004 is unreachable.

Fixed

4. Just inside AR7004 (Joril's cave) is a hole in the wall to Kontik's position. The transfer point is unreachable.

Fixed

5. Another broken armor. This time I could not open a container without the game crashing if it was in my inventory.

Fixed

Now I've finished Lower Dorn's Deep. Unlike Kulyok, I had no problems with completing both the Ginafae or Valestis quests (had to CreateItem, see below).

1. Fire salamander fire animation activates once, damaging and most of the time stunning themselves.

Fixed

2. Marketh's thieves don't move until "fog of war" is removed from them.

Superceded

3. After killing Fleezum, Flozem doesn't attack.

Superceded

4. After dealing with Marketh, Kraken society mage does not appear by the exit down.

Superceded

5. AR8009, 8010 and 8003 crash game while loading. These areas, and AR6003, have umber hulk animation in common. They are also the only areas I was unable to enter, even by MoveToArea.

6. Transfer point from AR8012 to AR8013 unreachable.

Fixed

7. Global for freeing Guello not setting.

Superceded

8. Transfer point from AR8012 to AR8013 unreachable, even after setting all six switches.

Fixed

9. Around 20th level, the barbarian XP table seems to go squirrely, at one point requiring a million XP to get to the next level...

Ignoring for now, as apparently unreproducible

Finally finished the IWD portion, Easthaven in Pieces.

1. Everard was not in the stockade. He appeared after I loaded a saved game from AR1106.

Fixed

2. I could save in AR1106. The only place you should be able to save is AR1107.

Harmless

3. Transfer point from AR1101 to AR1102 is unreachable.

Fixed

4. Pomab did not create his "images" though he did start jumping through the mirrors. He did not use the wand of lightning, which he should.

Fixed

5. Transfer point from AR1103 to AR1104 is unreachable.

Fixed

6. When the Gate is opened by Poquelin, the stone doesn't disappear.

Fixed

7. When Everard seals the Gate, Poquelin's spell kills him. He should vanish, not fall dead.

Fixed

8. The iron golems move toward me, but remain blue and do not attack.

Seems to occur in vanilla IWD, but clearly a bug; fixed

9. After Belhifet teleports the first time, he moves to attack but does nothing.

Fixed

10. When Belhifet falls, there is no death animation

Fixed

11. When Belhifet falls the ToB end credits run, not the end movie and IWD credits.

Fixed

& now some misc bugs, from mike1072 and my own notes.

-assassins getting 25 points for thief skills instead of the 15 they're supposed to get

Can't reproduce

-death fog and spike growth act as stinking cloud and cloudkill (suspect Malavon's corrosive fog will be the same)

Superceded

-summoning spells and undead ward have their animations displaced

Superceded

-undead ward animation lasts only through casting then disappears (had similar problem with Konalan's Tweaks still unsolved)

Fixed

-Paladin special abilities cannot be used, the paladin just stands there (had similar problem with Restored Paladin Abilities component of Konalan's Tweaks and solved it though I can't remember offhand how I did it)

Can't reproduce (possibly fixed en passant)

-When one of the summoning spells ends (I forget which one) one of Valen's lines is displayed ("Well it is not for me to say...")

Fixed/superceded

-when command word: die is cast, "You can not have multiple castings of the same contingency" is displayed

Fixed/superceded

Vilmar has 24 hp, should have 15 hp (level 1)

Fixed

-Eloise throws arrows when bow is not equipped. as soon as bow is equipped this issue is solved (never occurs again)

can't reproduce (fixed en passant?)

-paladins not getting remove disease ability (by design?)

Fixed

-alignment restrictions for assassin inaccurate (should be evil but all regular thief alignments available)

As far as I can tell, this is canonical in BG2, description notwithstanding

-druids get HLAs at level 15 (2 million XP)

Fixed

-green bar in lower left corner when portraits or left panel buttons hidden

can't reproduce

-cannot restore left panel buttons after they are hidden

can reproduce; ignoring for now

-chickens are attacking goblins in the Kuldahar Pass

can't reproduce (fixed en passant?)

-priestess at the temple of ilmater in kuldahar has unholy blight as a service but it says it cures disease (actually casts unholy blight)

fixed

-as above only draw upon holy might for cure moderate wounds (actually casts DUHM)

fixed

-trolls have drowned dead avatar

fixed

More misc bugs

-Sheemish quest cannot be completed even after all monsters are destroyed

superceded

-Mother Egeina does not talk

fixed

-AI on 4th level of dragons eye is screwed up (Marchon's company just stands around, High summoner doesn't summon, eldathians only attack when approached)

superceded

-Odd little girl does not die when Yxonomei appears, party keeps attacking odd little girl even when she is invisible

cannot reproduce

-visiting 3rd floor of severed hand causes crash

superceded

-northwest exit to third floor inaccessible

supercedd

-Kuldahar inn has zone near fireplace where character circles cannot be seen

ignoring for now

-protection from normal missiles can be cast on anyone

not a bug (intentional in IWD)

-otiluke's resiliant sphere does not protect from all damage

fixed

-decastive and mordenkainen's sword doesn't show weapon in casters hand

fixed

-prismatic spray doesn't do anything except show a white cloud

fixed

-monster summoning 7 crashes game (probably animation related)

fixed

-Mytos the Bone Dancer in Kresselack's Tomb, 1st Floor (AR3501) doesn't attack, though his 4 minions do.

cannot reproduce

-Neither the Cure Disease spell nor the Mummy's Tea potion remove a portrait icon that I suspect came from a mummy.

fixed

-The Wand of Armory (wandarm) has two activated abilities. Unfortunately, the abilities both use the item's icon and share its name as their tooltips, so it's hard to tell which is which.

fixed

-The armour "Studded Leather +1: Shadowed" (usltr01) says it is usable by thieves and rangers, but its usability settings don't allow cleric/thieves or cleric/rangers to use it.

vanilla-game behaviour (whether it's deliberate or a bug, I don't know, but outside our scope in any case)

-The trigger for dialogue with the Priest of Ilmater (Mother Egenia) on the 2nd level of the Dragon's Eye was TALONITEDEAD > 9 in IWD and is now SPRITE_IS_DEADTALONITE > 9, causing a "Has nothing to say to you" response. The TALONITEDEAD variable is updating properly, so this should probably be reverted. I don't know whether or not this sort of thing is also present in other dialogues/scripts.

fixed

-Neither Flame Strike nor Agannazar's Scorcher seem to be dealing any damage.

superceded

-Static Charge leaves an animation overlay on the target that doesn't seem to go away with time.

superceded

Enormous thanks to those - Kulyok and grogerson in particular - who persevered testing a mod that was wildly more unstable than I'd realised. I should say that the real value of all the bug reports wasn't the bugs themselves, but the evidence they provided. I haven't been fixing bugs in the converted game so much as I've been tweaking, and bug-fixing, the automated algorithm. Any spotted bug is evidence of a problem in that algorithm, and so in turn probably points to dozens more bugs.

DaveW, you noted three items above you were unsure of vanilla IWD behavior. I've been going through it again, no mods, fixes or tweaks. I have now tested all three.

1. "Dragon's Eye is not available, if you exit Kuldahar on the left, to Kuldahar Pass. If you exit to the right, to the Vale of Shadows, Dragon's Eye area becomes available.

Same is true for the Severed Hand. Maybe for other "big" areas, too."

Both Dragon's Eye and Severed Hand were accessible when leaving Kuldahar from the left, even on the initial visit. Bug. I may revisit this one by not trying to exit Kuldahar at any time to the right.

2. "Dragon's Eye, level 4, says at rest: either find an inn or rest outside, you cannot rest here - even after you revealed the plot and killed the monsters. Not sure it's good."

The only way to rest on this level is by talking to Marchon of Waterdeep, or Sharra before the battle for this level starts. In effect they are your inn. No bug as long as the dialogs run proper.

3. "Conlan does not buy or identify shields of any sort, though he should."

Conlan will both identify and buy shields in vanilla IWD. Bug.

Hope this helps.

Archived