Impossible to remove

Guest Icarian

Guest Icarian

I installed Divine Remix on a ToB installation the other day (only the core components, cleric remix, and the nightcloak modification for Viconia).

Yes, the installation went fine, and yes, the mod worked correctly.

However, upon attempting to remove it... First straight from the must-have component (which was supposed to shut down the others), then again, starting from the top down (nightcloak for Vic, then nightcloak, then cleric remix, then the core component), and to my amazement, the changes are still there.

At first I thought, "ok fine, I probably need to start a new game for it to work," but Nightcloak remains an open option even for a brand new character, and I can only assume that the spheres and spell changes are also still there.

I don't particularly mind, as the mod follows PnP rules more closely than the core game (or at least, that's the impression I get), but not being able to remove it at all still strikes me as a little odd.

Can you post the contents of your WeiDU.log file to see if it actually got uninstalled?

If all the DR entries show up as 'recently uninstalled', it's possible that something went wrong with the uninstallation, in which case more information would be found in setup-divine_remix.debug (provided you haven't re-run the setup file since you uninstalled).

There are very very few WeiDU mods that are not able to be uninstalled, and all the stuff from G3 should be okay. It's not always advisable to uninstall mods and continue a saved game, but everything should be fine when starting a new game.

Guest Icarian
Can you post the contents of your WeiDU.log file to see if it actually got uninstalled?

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: v8

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v8

~SETUP-AMBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Amber the NPC MOD for BGII:SoA: v2.5

~SETUP-AMBER.TP2~ #0 #1 // Multiplayer-friendly flirting for Amber: v2.5

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SOA Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #5 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #7 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #9 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #11 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #13 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #15 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Detectable spells and effects (required for most other components): v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Make individual versions of Spell Immunity available, so that players can use them in Contingencies etc.: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Faster Bears: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Retrieve Dropped Items from Hell: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Prevent party members from dying irreversibly: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v8

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6020 // Potions for NPCs -> All unused potions on dead enemies are retrievable by the party: v8

~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Crossmod Banter Pack for Shadows of Amn: 8

~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Crossmod Banter Pack for Throne of Bhaal: 8

~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #2 // Crossmod Romance Conflicts: 8

~AURENASEPH/SETUP-AURENASEPH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Auren Aseph V6.2 for BG2:ToB

~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kivan of Shilmista: v8.1

~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #2 // Select Deheriana's Class -> Wild Mage: v8.1

~SETUP-KIVAN.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install ToB Portion of the Mod: v8.1

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature Improvements

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Creature & Area Improvements -> Boss Improvements Only

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Extended Reynald Sequence

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Intrigue In The Copper Coronet

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Revised Hell Trials

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #10 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue Enhancement Only

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Burglary Of The Bookkeeper

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // The Tragedy Of Besamen

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Further Slaver Involvement

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Nazariel The Lich

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Reward Negotiation

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Infernal Thievery

~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility: v8

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations": v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Yoshimo's Original Portrait: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen's Original Portrait: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Justifier Kit: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Feralan Kit: v18

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse: v18

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Level 1 NPCs: List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any other components): v1.2

~SETUP-SAERILETH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Saerileth Romance Mod v12 (BG2:SoA & TOB NPC) created by nethrin and Sillara

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1201 // Aerie: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1206 // Imoen: v1.2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1212 // Minsc: v1.2

~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II, v8

~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install alternate class for Xan? -> Change Xan's class to Mage

~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey v2.1: for BG2 - SoA

~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey: ToB - Version 2

~LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1207 // Jaheira: v1.2

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod: Widescreen Mod v2.1

// Recently Uninstalled: ~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Divine Remix Core Components (Required for Everything)

Guest Icarian

Appearances can be deceiving.

I reinstalled everything from scratch (skipping DR this time), so I can't check that anymore.

While it's certainly an interesting mod, I've decided to steer clear of anything that's even remotely problematic, or renders my saves and/or characters incompatible with unmodded installations.

That, and I get the feeling that having only 2 or 3 spells available at certain levels isn't a perfectly accurate translation of PnP rules. Of course, I never actually played 2e PnP, so perhaps I'm wrong (in which case it's a rather poorly written set of rules).

Archived