Kit Revisions (Fighters)

Demivrgvs

Could you reduce the time needed for reuse with levels? Then I would fully support that idea, and I think, it would make for a much nicer gameplay. Especially if you could make it show a notice like "Rage is useable again" in the action bar.

It's actually possible to set up an installer that allows you to set the exact timer(~seconds with 30FPS refresh rate), and add the "x is useable again" ... would it be useful though remains anyone's own thing.

Could you reduce the time needed for reuse with levels?

I guess. Not so easy however, since the opcodes to Remove and Gain innates are buggy unless used as Global effects (you might get extra uses). That's something I want to avoid however. The main issue is that, for example, a high-level WizardSlayer can easilly spend 5 rounds invulnerable to magic, non-stop (take a breather man!). Otoh, a low-level WS must rest over and over, just to gain his innate back.

Balancing this isn't easy, but I went with a very simplistic approach:

a) Monk, WizardSlayer and Kensai innates are very short-lasting (1 round). They can use them every 5 rounds. (imo, should be 3, and they should be merged together but I ain't playing them now so wthell...)

b) archer is (imo) undrepowered when compared to a high-leveled fighter which can use OS to match his damage. Hence, he also gets CS every 5 rounds. Paladins are here as well. No more Dispel-spamming Inquisitors, no more Cavaliers shielding everyone for 5 rounds. You better make those abilities count for something.

c) true figher gets his CalledShot every 10 rounds. He shouldn't be as good as an Archer with it. (went too far here - 8 rounds is probably better rounded aproach).

d) barbarian can rage every 15 rounds (90 seconds)

e) berserker (I tweaked his Rage to a constant 60 sec duration, for a number of reasons) can only Rage every 2 turns (120 seconds)

Especially if you could make it show a notice like "Rage is useable again" in the action bar.

I think this can be done....along with an animation of sorts. I'm turning my game into FF7 - Anime style. :D

Especially if you could make it show a notice like "Rage is useable again" in the action bar.

I think this can be done....along with an animation of sorts. I'm turning my game into FF7 - Anime style. :D

ins.jpg
Well, I didn't manage to get "Display string" working (I may have messed something up, it should have displayed like "Raaagh!! ME REDY to KILL!!!) but the animation (this I used here is awful, I know) works fine. Ahahahahaa.....
On a more serious note, I'm trying to implement a few more tweaks to my game, most notably, mages and cleric kits. Anybody knows if sorcerer is moddable? I'd strip them down a bit....4 spells/level known, +1 extra casting. Talking about specialization...
I already tweaked Enchanter. (gains save vs spells bonuses, 1xday Free Action from level 11, immunity to Charm at 15th and is prohibited from Necromancy.
This would be better if done via patching code, but that's waaay beyond me. Anybody? You know, patch spells so Enchanter cant learn Necro/Evo, Conjurer can use Evo/Div, Necro can't Ench/Illusion etc. a la PnP? The game gets 3 times more interesting actually, when kits actually matter unless you play a Transmuter :p
Best of all, SCS can be tweaked to take this into account (it already does partially).
True Cleric and Mage gain extra spell per level. That's cute actually - Viconia goes from awesome to superawesome :D .
I turned Anomen into a Priest of Helm ("Helm, guide my boots!"). He gains extra 1/2 apr at 7th and 13th, similar to fighter. Doesn't really have any penalties....meh. Does suit him however. He can also cast Glyph of Warding as an innate.
Necro gains immunity to paralyisis at level 14 and can Raise Dead at 11th.
Conjurer should get some monster summons, but PnP sources make Conjurers kinda crap imo. As so far, my Edwin can no longer use Divination OR Invocation (funnily enough, he has a dialogue about Fireballs).....but gains nothing in return.

Kreso, what happens if the character dies before getting the ability back?

Also,I think it is possible to mod the sorcerer,even in vanilla. I haven't tried this, but you should be able to use the apply eff opcode using an ids entry that recognizes the sorcerer, but not the mage. You would need to put those abilities in the mage clab...which I think is the wildmage clab

He gets it back instantly on revival. :) Even better, AI responds to this flawlessly - since they don't have 2, 3 or more Rages to use, they use one (first) and the next one when they gain it (i.e. - on my install, Barbarians rage once per 15 rounds, regardless of the duration).

He gets it back instantly on revival. :) Even better, AI responds to this flawlessly - since they don't have 2, 3 or more Rages to use, they use one (first) and the next one when they gain it (i.e. - on my install, Barbarians rage once per 15 rounds, regardless of the duration).
Ahh, the duration of the removal is "permanent" rather than "permanent after death"isn't it?

I'm going to have to revive some of my old ideas as well

Been a long while since I made any comments on KR (mainly cuz I don't have much to contribute). Most notable thing, at least within the Fighter set, to me is how you seemed to have dropped the uncontrollable Berserk status as the Berserker's main gameplay feature. Now that's a kit I would actually play. Even your current solution would be a significant change for me (no more Berserk-Mage duals for me =p).

Been a long while since I made any comments on KR (mainly cuz I don't have much to contribute). Most notable thing, at least within the Fighter set, to me is how you seemed to have dropped the uncontrollable Berserk status as the Berserker's main gameplay feature. Now that's a kit I would actually play.

I agree, the revised Berserker is great. A lot of credits to kreso for play testing the kit to death (literally, a lot of Berserkers got hurt in the process :p ).

Been a long while since I made any comments on KR (mainly cuz I don't have much to contribute). Most notable thing, at least within the Fighter set, to me is how you seemed to have dropped the uncontrollable Berserk status as the Berserker's main gameplay feature. Now that's a kit I would actually play.

I agree, the revised Berserker is great. A lot of credits to kreso for play testing the kit to death (literally, a lot of Berserkers got hurt in the process :p ).

Ahahahaha.....as I somewhere said, you don't know 10% of it :cool: .... I do like some of my latest implementations for their Offensive Stance feature:

- when berserker takes damage, he gets +1 apr for 2 seconds, +20 attack speed factor (this way attack triggers instantly, regardless of weapon speed), but you cannot control who he attacks (berserk opcode). Only can trigger 1x round, gains +2 damage at 2nd, 10th level and 19th level (with berserk opcode, this ammount to a damage bonus of 4, 6, 8, only for the "berserk-state" attack.

Basically - beware of Ogre Berserkers in BG1. They kill in a single blow, and that blow can happen very quickly!

During the "berserk" duration (2 seconds) he automatically fails any breath save and automatically makes any spell save (this makes sense only with spell revisions, but can be easilly coded as Rage instead - Charm, Stun, Confusion etc immunity.) He also looses 2 AC points (all this bonuses/penalties last 2 seconds).

This is the best I could do with berserk opcode use without making the class unplayable.

Additionaly, it makes dual-wielding the worst weapon style for them. Zerkers now carry big stuff to combat.

I also tweaked kensai a lot. His Ki abilites I've merged into single Ki Strike so AI can use it better, and improved it further - he can now dodge pretty much everything that can damage him, and it lasts longer (6, 9, 12 seconds at levels 1, 10, 19). He looses Def.Stance.

Cavalier - his Challenge Evil I made in a sort of a War Cry - he covers allies with his "body", not an on-hit effect. Additional effects happen if he strikes the target, and all enemies in vicinity gain immunity to effects for a round (apart the one he strikes first) - otherwise this could be labeled as fairly exploitable. In my install, he looses ALL Paladin-specific HLA's (Refinements). He gets a sort of "custom" fighter HLA table (no Devas for example.).

Still rocks. ;)

I've also made my own swashbuckler, since I kind of miss playing with them.

- fighter THAC0 with melee weapons

- specialization in swords and daggers, two-weapon style

- Grace at levels 2, 11, 19 (+1 breath saves)

- Lucky at 14 (+1 Luck)

- bonus +1 AC and additional +1 at 5th, 9th, 13th, and 17th, for +5 total.

I miss something, and I'm torn on two options:

a) at level 4, gains Improved Critical (crits at 19); at level 20 crits at 18 roll. Permanent.

b) an ability (similar to Rogue Rebalncing HLA), improving his critical strike range by 5, every x levels.

Gains no backstab, and cannot set traps.

[kits]

Oh golly. I love all of those things. Especially the berserker and swashie.

Does this differ from what Demi is envisioning for KR? Because if it's not official KR, I demand a sub-component or kreso mini-mod ;)

I'm still not convinced about merging all the Kensai's KI abilities, but for the rest of the stuff me and Kreso are pretty much going on the very same direction (no surprise imo).

I miss something, and I'm torn on two options:

a) at level 4, gains Improved Critical (crits at 19); at level 20 crits at 18 roll. Permanent.

b) an ability (similar to Rogue Rebalncing HLA), improving his critical strike range by 5, every x levels.

The second option is pretty much my Precise Strike x/day ability. ;) Man I cannot wait to be back on KR.

[kits]

Oh golly. I love all of those things. Especially the berserker and swashie.

Does this differ from what Demi is envisioning for KR? Because if it's not official KR, I demand a sub-component or kreso mini-mod ;)

I'm still not convinced about merging all the Kensai's KI abilities, but for the rest of the stuff me and Kreso are pretty much going on the very same direction (no surprise imo).

FWIW if should have phrased myself like this "I love all of those things, especially Berserker and Swashie, but I'm not sure about the Kensai" :D

I'd prefer a little more variety for the Kensai. I'm not that bothered with how good the AI is with un-unified abilities, as I'm mainly seeing it as a PC-kit. Will even any NPCs be kitted as Kensais?

I'd prefer a little more variety for the Kensai. I'm not that bothered with how good the AI is with un-unified abilities, as I'm mainly seeing it as a PC-kit. Will even any NPCs be kitted as Kensais?

Any number of mods can do this, and there's a few mods that have Kensai, well actually Chloe's kit is technically "Yr'Kai Kensai", I saw ones a Xan who was Kensai->Mage, or Kensai/Mage. ... and the Level 1 NPCs components surely can do it. :p

Now, I kinda agree with the post above about more unique rewards for being a kit of set specialty...

Archived