Kit Revisions (Fighters)

Demivrgvs

Berserker

If for some reason most of you don't like the "tireless rage" feature I'd need another mid-high level ability.
I like "tireless rage".
I think some players don't like it, and I was just saying that to remove it I?d need a good alternative.

Other than that I'd probably prefer to find an additional drawback. A simple -2 to charisma
I don't like -2 charisma. :)
Have you a better suggestion? :party:

True Fighter

If I am not wrong (?), True Fighter are the most common class of enemy warrior, don't you think it could be better to give bonus to true fighters witch enemy could also benefit.
Well, what you forget is that the monsters are already pre-leveled, so the game doesn't re-calculate them every time they are summoned, so what ever you change, only the player's chars are changed if you change the Fighter class.
Jarno is right. When I change Berserker's Rage the AI will use the very same modified rage, but when it comes to permanent effects "attached" to the creature I would have to patch all in-game creatures to match KR's progression tables (that's why I'm trying to keem them as similar as possible to the original ones), and then I would have to add custom scripts to use new abilities.

Anyway, many times you may consider the fighter class as simply used to "identify" your opponent as such, and thus I don't consider a great issue if the bandit fighter don't use Combat Expertise against you.

One of the general guidelines of all Revisions mods is that they should blend in the original game as much as possible, without feeling "mod-added". For example you wouldn't be able to notice Combat Expertise or Power Attack (two new fighter's abilities) being used by the AI even if I script them to be used, but at the same time players can use them with quite good results.

I was annoyed as hell to work on Revised Potions' setup file, thus I've looked a little KR again.

Revised Grandmastery

One huge thing is changed since the last time we discussed these matters...a Taimon exe patch now allows to fix a bug which was seriously affecting game balance for low level fighters on BGT/TuTu. Because of BG2 engine such classes weren't limited to 'specialization' at first level, which meant that fighters could get Grandmastery at 3rd lvl instead of 9th, making them outstandingly more powerful (especially Kensai and Archer were insane imo).

This fix together with the Revised Grandmastery table accomplishes quite a few things, and has more ramifications than you might think:

- being limited to specialization for non-fighter classes doesn't count as disadvantage at 1st lvl (this has a huge impact when balancing the first levels of classes/kits for BG1)

- having moved the +1/2 apr to Mastery (+++) means that fighters' weapon skill is indeed much higher than that of classes limited to Specialization (paladins and rangers), while in vanilla the difference was almost non-existant

- Grandmastery (+++++) is much more noticeable too, making the above-mentioned gap even more noticeable within BG2

- non-fighter kits who can achieve Specialization on some weapons (e.g. Swashbuckler) won't have the strange issue of not getting the +1/2 apr

True Fighter

For V1 the solution currently described in the first post is fine imo. Except that they will have two combat styles unavailable to kits (only two for now): an offensive and a defensive stance. As previously discussed these two abilities will work as per PnP Power Attack and Combat Expertise respectively, but I'll make them "scale" with fighter's lvl.

Wizard Slayer

I've tried to put down again a to-do list for this kit, as it's the only one which still need a lot of attention (at least for a beta release).

Magic Resistance: the kit can't get everything within the first few levels, and I'd go with the same progression table used by KR's Barbarians for their physical resistance. Thus 5% at 7th lvl, and then +5% at 11th, 15th and 19th (unless we want to change this for Barbarians too).

Disrupt Spellcasting: I now agree with Ardanis (strange uh?) about making this a once/day ability with a higher effectiveness. I'd say once/ day for every 4 levels (one use at 1st lvl), each hit (in the following 2 rounds) causes 50% spell failure for 5 rounds (non-cumulative).

Detect Illusion: as previously discussed this is a must have for a WS imo. Again, I'd say once/day for every 4 levels. Note that this isn't as powerful as Inquisitor's True Seeing, it works against arcane illusions but doesn't reveal thieves hiding in shadows, and it's instantaneous instead of lasting a full turn. There's a couple of things I'm not sure of, how powerful this ability should be (e.g. should it work against any spell level?), and how we should handle illusionary creatures/clones. I've suggested it may be cool to make such illusions be destroyed on hit rather than via this ability, but we may even decide to not grant such powers to WS at all. What do you think?

Mind Over Magic: as per PnP Occult Slayer's abilty this will be a sort of Spell Turning, but it has no casting time and works only against a single spell.

Anyway, I think we may need an additional disadvantage to assign so many abilities to this kit. Am I wrong? Any suggestion?

P.S Breach-like Attack: as previously discussed this will be an HLA, but I still haven't clear which is the best way to implement it. It's either a on hit effect (one protection with each hit, but it may be stopped by PfMW or similar spells), or a touch spell-like ability (just like the 5th lvl spell but with no range). Anyway we'll be able to discuss this in the relative topic, as I have a lot of work to do for HLAs.

Without the invulnerability to level drain and imprisonment, the true fighter is much better than the berserker.

An HLA idea for True Fighters, allow them more points for weapon specialization.

Berserker vs. Fighter

Without the invulnerability to level drain and imprisonment, the true fighter is much better than the berserker.
Cool, this is the first time ever I've seen a player saying something like that, which means I'm on the right track to rebalance these classes! :):)

Anyway, I cannot say I agree. The suggested True Fighter is indeed much more versatile (it has more proficiencies points and it can use any weapon), but in terms of raw power in melee an Enraged Berserker is a lot more powerful (+2 to hit, +4 damage, +20 hit points, immune to mind-affecting spells).

HLAs

An HLA idea for True Fighters, allow them more points for weapon specialization.
We were discussing HLAs here, and I suggested something like that yes.

Superior Weapon Skill (True Fighter Only): one True Fighter's unique HLA may for example grant Mastery (+++) in any weapon. We may split this in different HLAs if necessary (e.g. a melee weapons and ranged ones, or bladed, piercing and blunt weapons).

Wizard Slayer

I have to say that it's first time from a long time when I don't agree with Demi. :) So...

Magic Resistance: your MR progression at first glance looks fine, but there's lack of anything at first six levels. I think that's quite huge disadvantage, wizards/clerics in BG1 aren't so weak that you can neglect their existence you know. (especially when you've got SCS1 on-board). Still progression of 10% +1%/level is lesser-evil.

Disrupt Spellcasting: preffered 5% via hit, I don't like too many of innate abilities (especially with Bhaalspawn powers :)). Ability of turning spells and something for removing illusions is just fine. 2 rounds for hit in BG1 is quite a long time. With THAC0 around 20-19 it can be quite troublesome to actually hit someone.

Breach-like ability: I don't like the fact that possibility of slaying wizard of level higher than 7 is restricted to high level wizard slayer. Doesn't that sound ridicolous? Wizard with Stoneskin, Reflected Image, Ghost Armor have something like turn of free-time to slay fighter using great arsenal of spells. Okay, I do understand that fighters should rely only on their fighting capability, but Wizard Slayer? I think it should be on-hit ability, it's player's problem to properly use his tools of trade (fighting with wizards without non-enchanted weapon is you know, like fighting with observers without Shield of Balduran :) ).

Spell turning/Mind over Magic: ability's name is quite bad IMO, I know that it comes from Hunter of Occult, still, doesn't fit to ability.

What I was getting at is that the only reason I ever played a berserker was the invulnerability to level drain and imprisonment. The + to hit and damage was just gravy. The way you are implementing them, their abilities can be matched by a couple of potions.

Wizard Slayer

I have to say that it's first time from a long time when I don't agree with Demi. :) So...
:D

Magic Resistance

your MR progression at first glance looks fine, but there's lack of anything at first six levels. I think that's quite huge disadvantage, wizards/clerics in BG1 aren't so weak that you can neglect their existence you know. (especially when you've got SCS1 on-board). Still progression of 10% +1%/level is lesser-evil.
Anything? You have both Disrupt Spellcasting and Detect Illusions, just like Berserkers simply have one use of Enrage at 1st level and another one at 4th.

Note that True Fighter has no advantage at all over the WS till 3rd level (when the former can get Mastery in one weapon), and that Offensive/Defensive Stance are not as powerful as Disrupt Spellcasting and Detect Illusions.

Put 10% magic resistance on top of that and a 1st lvl WS will be much more powerful than a 1st lvl True Fighter.

Disrupt Spellcasting

preffered 5% via hit, I don't like too many of innate abilities (especially with Bhaalspawn powers ;) ). Ability of turning spells and something for removing illusions is just fine. 2 rounds for hit in BG1 is quite a long time. With THAC0 around 20-19 it can be quite troublesome to actually hit someone.
Now, on one hand I agree with you that having too many innate abilities isn't great (though we're talking about 2 max 3 abilities), on the other hand the "problem" with a permanent % spell failure on hit was the following:

- with a small 5-10% you need to hit the mage a lot of times to make a huge difference, and by the time you hit a mage 5-6 times he's usually dead (unless of course you're facing Stoneskin or Mirror Image).

- with a high 20%+ you have a too powerful effect imo, because with two hits any mage without PfMW would be screwed, even if protected by Stoneskin and Mirror Image.

Am I wrong? :)

P.S Alternatively I could make it a permanent on-hit ability but non-stackable...

Breach-like ability

I don't like the fact that possibility of slaying wizard of level higher than 7 is restricted to high level wizard slayer. Doesn't that sound ridicolous? Wizard with Stoneskin, Reflected Image, Ghost Armor have something like turn of free-time to slay fighter using great arsenal of spells.
Let's see...

One use of Detect Illusion would actually instantly destroy Reflected Image or Mirror Image, together with Blur, Ghost Armor (with SR) and an eventual Improved Invisibility (if the mage is of 7th level).

Now, Stoneskin is not so common within BG1, which is the only place where your WS would be without magic resistance for long (I think you can reach 7th lvl mid-game in BG1), and if you face an opponent more powerful than you I find it natural that you can't slain him so easily. Even then, mages who can use it probably have 1 max 2 of them (sacrificing other 4th lvl spells), and each spell would grant 3-5 skins not 6-10 like in BG2.

Then if the only protection left is Stoneskin, because you can dispel the illusions (which could seriously hurt your to-hit chances), Disrupt Spellcasting is a perfect anti-stoneskin ability, because the mage would have serious troubles fighting back while he has to focus on defense and face a % spell failure.

Have I convinced you? At least a little? :)

P.S The point is: allowing a WS to disintegrate mages on sight is neither balanced nor fun imo. Mages should seriously fear Wizard Slayers, but not being completely helpless against them.

I think it should be on-hit ability, it's player's problem to properly use his tools of trade (fighting with wizards without non-enchanted weapon is you know, like fighting with observers without Shield of Balduran :D ).
Interesting, I thought most players would consider this a problem (being unable to breach Absolute Immunity, requiring high enchanted weapons for Mantles, and not being able to tear down liches defences) but I do agree with you that conceptually an on-hit ability would be much better.

P.S Speaking of on-hit abilities, is a "destroy summon on hit" something we might think about? :) Else I may use it for an IR's weapon...

Spell turning/Mind over Magic

ability's name is quite bad IMO, I know that it comes from Hunter of Occult, still, doesn't fit to ability.
I kinda don't like it too, I'm simply using PnP one as a placeholder, any suggestion? Anyway, as I said I'm not sure about implementing this without adding another disadvantage to the class...unless perhaps if we use it as HLA.

Berserker

What I was getting at is that the only reason I ever played a berserker was the invulnerability to level drain and imprisonment. The + to hit and damage was just gravy. The way you are implementing them, their abilities can be matched by a couple of potions.
Well, those abilities really didn't make sense from a conceptual point of view (and in fact PnP never had something like that) and they even caused a lot of unbalance between classes (e.g. a Berserker was much better than an Undead Hunter at fighting undead creatures! :) ).

Rage = a couple of potions? :) The same can be said about many abilities, especially when you add buffs to the mix, but you have a point (though Potion of Clarity doesn't grant complete protection from mind-affecting spells like Enrage does).

Anyway you could also have 'immunity to level drain' with a Scroll of Protection from Undead (with IR, as in vanilla such scroll was even more powerful - overpowered), or by having a cleric cast Negative Plane Protection, or by equipping some items (e.g. Mace of Disruption).

I know that 'immunity to Imprisonment' is outstandingly attractive, it's a damn 9th level spell!! It's like granting a class the feature of being 'immune to Time Stop', I have no doubt you'd like to have at least one character of such class in the party! Me too! :) Anyway 'immunity to Imprisonment' doesn't make sense for this class (berserkers are not wizard slayers), and was simply a too convenient "bonus".

I'm open to suggestions when it comes to add more features to this kit (he only has a single innate ability right now), but they must be berserker-inspired.

I'm open to suggestions when it comes to add more features to this kit (he only has a single innate ability right now), but they must be berserker-inspired.

Random ideas:

- what do you think about Rage making you immune to normal weapons at 20th level? That's just something inspired by myths and legends of vikings. They could fith their enemies naked, it'd be pretty awesome ability :)

- about additional abilities/qualities of Berserkers. These should be scars-based. Berserker is intimidating as hell, when you see him in your mind there exist image of him cracking your skull with bare hands. So I think he should have ability to lower morale of his enemies. How? Maybe something like ability of lesser War Cry? Howl? Dunno. Also, he should get penalty to Charisma. If you will present me ONE charismatic Berserker (but not these from legends, they were a sort of Berserkers-Bards) I'll as always, send you some bottles of gratitude.

About Wizard Slayer yup, I'm quite convienced. If your solution will allow me to play whole BG Saga with alone Wizard Slayer, then woah. ;]

Berserker

Random ideas:

Good ones. :)

- what do you think about Rage making you immune to normal weapons at 20th level? That's just something inspired by myths and legends of vikings. They could fith their enemies naked, it'd be pretty awesome ability :)
Yep, it does sound "berserkish", but does such feature make any difference so late in the game? :)

It would if we let an enraged berserker/mage cast PfMW (that would be uberly effective), but we aren't. :D Though it would still be able to achieve that in some ways (e.g. using PfMW via contingency). :) In that case the question would be, does such feature make any difference for a single class Berserker so late in the game? ;)

- about additional abilities/qualities of Berserkers. These should be scars-based. Berserker is intimidating as hell, when you see him in your mind there exist image of him cracking your skull with bare hands. So I think he should have ability to lower morale of his enemies. How? Maybe something like ability of lesser War Cry? Howl? Dunno.
Indeed, I already suggested something like that in the HLA topic:

Frightening Presence

A sort of Cloak of Fear? We may replace 'fear' with a different effect (e.g. -2 penalty to THAC0 and saves?), but the concept is cool imo.

I need at least 2 unique HLA per kit, thus if I stole ideas from there I have to find new ones anyway.

- Also, he should get penalty to Charisma. If you will present me ONE charismatic Berserker (but not these from legends, they were a sort of Berserkers-Bards) I'll as always, send you some bottles of gratitude.
Well, quoting myself:
Other than that I'd probably prefer to find an additional drawback. A simple -2 to charisma may be appropriate though surely it doesn't affect in-game effectiveness. I also thought about a small chance to go berserker when hit, but letting the berserker resist such effect with a save. I fear it's too unreliable to be appealing though.
Some players didn't liked the suggestion, but I'd like to point out that it isn't a real penalty because the only difference would be that charisma at character creation cannot be higher than 16, which is quite appropriate from a roleplaying point of view.

Wizard Slayer

yup, I'm quite convinced. If your solution will allow me to play whole BG Saga with alone Wizard Slayer, then woah. ;]
Eh eh, I still have to completely convince myself... :D
Yep, it does sound "berserkish", but does such feature make any difference so late in the game?

It would if we let an enraged berserker/mage cast PfMW (that would be uberly effective), but we aren't. Though it would still be able to achieve that in some ways (e.g. using PfMW via contingency). In that case the question would be, does such feature make any difference for a single class Berserker so late in the game?

That's why I've proposed it. It doesn't have too much of impact on the character but it adds a bit more role-playing to game. I think that you can easily make him immune to PfMW then or just allow to some mentally ill power-gamers to have 3 rounds of absolute immunity with using few spells and abilities which doesn't make sense. Also: when ability is achieved on 20th level (maybe a bit earlier? 15-17?) it's hard to achieve dualclass berserker/wizard who can do this. (and player who will level up as Berserker and then as mage only to do that...).

Some players didn't liked the suggestion, but I'd like to point out that it isn't a real penalty because the only difference would be that charisma at character creation cannot be higher than 16, which is quite appropriate from a roleplaying point of view.

Yes, again lack of real impact on the game but a bit of role-playing. Also: what do you think about making it impossible to talk when character is enraged? And is there a possibility of character going berserk when there's lack of any enemies (so he will start to fight against his friends, but ONLY when there are no enemies).

Frightening Presence

A sort of Cloak of Fear? We may replace 'fear' with a different effect (e.g. -2 penalty to THAC0 and saves?), but the concept is cool imo.

Ability like this as HLA? Funny. Wizards gets Dragon Breathes and a lot of cool stuff... and Barbarian can use some sort of limited "Greater Malison"? Hmm.

I need at least 2 unique HLA per kit, thus if I stole ideas from there I have to find new ones anyway.

Are you sure you want to work on HLAs also? I've thought that Refinements handled them quite fine (with exception of terrible kitted clerics HLAs) but that's just my opinion. 2 HLA per kit, it isn't going to be easy.

@Demi

Nothing to worry about, I usually check boards everyday and Revisions are near my top priority when I do.

Wizard Slayer

Magic Resistance

I think that 5% at 1st level won't make any real difference, since there're nowhere as many MR items in BG1 as there are in BG2.

Detect Illusions

For the max level, I'd say 5th. Or should it dispel Mislead as well? But I certainly wouldn't go higher, like SR's (v4?) 8th lvl Ghost Form.

Clones, I'd have left alone. Killing them on hit, hm, granted for free at 20th level?

Mind Over Magic

Imo it's better as HLA.

Breach

As you've noted, the on-hit effect would have often be blocked by the very same thing we've been trying to dispel. Therefore, a touch-like ability.

Kit disadvantages

Barbarians are roughly as effective as WSs and in addition to **-only spec and no dual-classing they can't wear heavy armor. I can imagine WS unable to wield a shield - it rarely helps against magic anyway. Considering WS have little to offer when sparring with a 'normal' fighter, it will forbid them to tank ever. And he can't inflict as much damage as other warriors can, so he won't make a great flanker either. But I still can't be certain about the latter.

Berseker

when (immunity to normal weapons while enraged) ability is achieved on 20th level (maybe a bit earlier? 15-17?) it's hard to achieve dualclass berserker/wizard who can do this. (and player who will level up as Berserker and then as mage only to do that...).
Eh, actually it's not so easy. The innate ability wouldn't care at which level you dualled the Berserker, and a Berserker 1/Mage 20 would get this feature.

Tireless Rage is a different matter (it's a permanent immunity to the secondary Fatigue spell cast by the main Enrage spell), and it requires you to effectively have 18 berserker's levels.

Yes, again lack of real impact on the game but a bit of role-playing. Also: what do you think about making it impossible to talk when character is enraged?
Are you planning on using Enrage before talking to Ribald? :D

Regarding charisma penalty I''d vote for it (within this topic we are 2 vs 2 on this matter :D ).

And is there a possibility of character going berserk when there's lack of any enemies (so he will start to fight against his friends, but ONLY when there are no enemies).
:) I think that would be a perfect way to keep most players away from this kit. The PnP Frenzied Berserker goes berserk when hit (with a save to avoid it), and that's what I was thinking, possibly in a way that works both as disadvantage and advantage. As I said though, "unreliability" is something most players hate (roleplayers are rare).

Frightening Presence

Ability like this as HLA? Funny. Wizards gets Dragon Breathes and a lot of cool stuff... and Barbarian can use some sort of limited "Greater Malison"? Hmm.
Cloak of Fear is a 4th lvl spell, and this ability is clearly debatable. I simply put there the concept, but we can build it together (e.g. low level opponents may be paralyzed by fear). ;)

Now, I've seen this "spellcaster's HLAs vs. non-spellcasters HLAs" quite a lot of times but I think most of you don't see this matter in the right prospective (I can always be wrong :D ). Fighters can't get an innate ability as powerful as a 9th level spell, simply because than you'd have an uber-tank with archmage-like abilities.

Warriors HLAs (the spell-like ones, not the ones which grant permanent bonuses) within KR will be more or less equivalent to 5th lvl spells (e.g WS Breach-like) just like many vanilla's ones (e.g. Resist Magic). You can't really compare spells to these innates though, because Whirlwind Attack surely isn't as powerful-looking as Dragon's Breath, but in the hands of an enraged Berserker may actually be worse in some situations.

Also note that fighter's innate abilities have some advantages too:

- bypass magic resistance

- "power lvl 0" (offensive abilities can affect any creature bypassing spell immunities and spell protections)

- undispellability (e.g. Hardiness, Resist Magic, ...)

HLAs

Are you sure you want to work on HLAs also? I've thought that Refinements handled them quite fine (with exception of terrible kitted clerics HLAs) but that's just my opinion. 2 HLA per kit, it isn't going to be easy.
Yes I am. Refinements does a really good job, but together we can improve the concept a little more imo. :D The good thing is that Refinements is already there, thus I don't have to worry about making all the HLA tables at once as you can still use such a great mod.

I don't think 2 unique HLAs per kit (or even more in certain cases) is so difficult to accomplish, I actually have a lot of ideas (see relative topic), and I'm sure you can help me find more.

P.S I just thought about a different way to implement Deathless Frenzy: a temporary immortality (via "min HP 1") followed by damage on expiration, either lethal or non-lethal (unconsciousness until healed) depending on how much user-friendly we want to be.

Wizard Slayer

@Demi

Nothing to worry about, I usually check boards everyday and Revisions are near my top priority when I do.

Thanks! :)

Magic Resistance

I think that 5% at 1st level won't make any real difference, since there're nowhere as many MR items in BG1 as there are in BG2.
Yep, and by the end of BG1 you may have the first 5% and Cloak of Balduran.

Detect Illusions

For the max level, I'd say 5th. Or should it dispel Mislead as well? But I certainly wouldn't go higher, like SR's (v4?) 8th lvl Ghost Form.
SR's Ghostform is an Alteration, but I get your point, and 5th lvl seems fine (just like SR's spell). There's only one spell of higher level which I'd probably prefer to be dispellable by this ability, Mass Invisibiltiy...but I don't think you're going to see the AI use such spell, ever.

Clones, I'd have left alone. Killing them on hit, hm, granted for free at 20th level?
Within KR the fighter's classes stop to gain abilities at 19th level, because from 20th lvl and on they rely on HLAs. Thus it would be somewhere between 10th and 19th level imo. Other than that I think a permanent on-hit ability is the way to go.

Is my "kill summons on-hit" idea stupid? I fear it is... :)

Mind Over Magic

Imo it's better as HLA.
Fine with me.

Breach

As you've noted, the on-hit effect would have often be blocked by the very same thing we've been trying to dispel. Therefore, a touch-like ability.
This is the thing that confuses me the most, it's really hard to decide.

Kit disadvantages

Barbarians are roughly as effective as WSs and in addition to **-only spec and no dual-classing they can't wear heavy armor. I can imagine WS unable to wield a shield - it rarely helps against magic anyway. Considering WS have little to offer when sparring with a 'normal' fighter, it will forbid them to tank ever. And he can't inflict as much damage as other warriors can, so he won't make a great flanker either. But I still can't be certain about the latter.
OMG, I was thinking the same this afternoon! As you say against mages shields don't seem the way to go (from a RP point of view), and AC is rarely important against them...not to mention that having the WS equip a bow is actually a must-have imo (not only because it's very effective in many situations, but because one of the most powerful bows of IR v3 is for WS :) hi hi).

Regarding WS being unable to tank, that's only partially true, he or she can tank a little better than unbuffed paladins and rangers. Anyway, if this new disadvantage (no shields) is fine for most players I'd probably go for it (especially because I really can't think of anything "better").

P.S You haven't commented on Disrupt Spellcasting, but I suppose my suggested solution (50% on hit, x/day ability) is fine for you.

Berserker

Regarding charisma penalty I''d vote for it
Count me in as well then)

The PnP Frenzied Berserker goes berserk when hit (with a save to avoid it), and that's what I was thinking, possibly in a way that works both as disadvantage and advantage
It might work. What is problematic, it means no healing potions during a tough fight, which again often results in death - Dragons, Demilich, Demogorgon, etc.

P.S I just thought about a different way to implement Deathless Frenzy: a temporary immortality (via "min HP 1") followed by damage on expiration, either lethal or non-lethal (unconsciousness until healed) depending on how much user-friendly we want to be.
Like it too. Probably even better than NWN2's version. Since it lasts 1 turn - apparently long enough to abuse the feature (which was your thought in the first place, wasn't it?) - it can use a contingency, triggered at 10% HP, that reduces combat value a bit. I can't say I find it perfect though.

Wizard Slayer

OMG, I was thinking the same this afternoon! As you say against mages shields don't seem the way to go (from a RP point of view), and AC is rarely important against them...not to mention that having the WS equip a bow is actually a must-have imo (not only because it's very effective in many situations, but because one of the most powerful bows of IR v3 is for WS hi hi).
:)

You haven't commented on Disrupt Spellcasting, but I suppose my suggested solution (50% on hit, x/day ability) is fine for you.
Absolutely true.

Archived