cool -

Is this a better way of determining that an NPC has used an item that changes 0x47 (like Girdle of Gender Bending Madness)?

Well, i didn't validate it by 'checkstat'.

I just stumbled upon it when i researched the effect.

I don't think the girdle of gender shows up in BG2, and sex change is horribly broken everywhere it is used.

It might be nice to have a script that detects a sex change effect and prompts the user to reload, though. ;-)

DisplayStringHead(Player1,~BG2 Fixpack has detected something that will make your game act stupid. Reload from your last save now, or suffer the consequences!~)

Wait(10)

DisplayStringHead(Player1,~YOU WERE WARNED!~)

BG2 doesn't have the girdle of gender, but Tutu does... and there's supposed to be a chance of gender change for wild mages, right?

stat 193 - sex changed (affected by opcode 0x47)

Sorry -- I'm still learning the ropes here. Can you elaborate more on this? How would one write a trigger to test whether an Object has had its gender changed?

--Otis

CheckStat(O:Object,value,stat), so, to check if you had your gender changed, it would be CheckStat(Myself,1,193). At least, I think so. :rolleyes:

Icen

CheckStat(O:Object,value,stat), so, to check if you had your gender changed, it would be CheckStat(Myself,1,193). At least, I think so. :rolleyes:

Icen

So, is this something that can be manually added to the STATS.IDS table, so that it can be referred to by name in your scripts, then?

--Otis

Icen

So, is this something that can be manually added to the STATS.IDS table, so that it can be referred to by name in your scripts, then?

--Otis

yes. This stat is in the original engine.

Not to rain on your parade, Avenger, but I was searching for something and came across this. ;-)

Oh, give 'em a break... A lot can happen in one and a half years... :crazyeyes:

Shit, i felt i had a deja vu.

But it wasn't documented in gemrb, so i thought it is new.

Besides you didn't mention you know it either in a recent list :crazyeyes:

So, we know all stats except a small interval.

CheckStat(O:Object,value,stat), so, to check if you had your gender changed, it would be CheckStat(Myself,1,193). At least, I think so. :crazyeyes:

Icen

I built a little test dialog to see if I could get this to work, but it doesn't seem to be functioning correctly. The reply lines are:

IF ~CheckStatGT(LastTalkedToBy,0,193)~ THEN REPLY ~(Nonzero.) I'm wearing BELT05.~ GOTO 10
IF ~CheckStat(LastTalkedToBy,0,193)~ THEN REPLY ~(Zero.) I'm not wearing BELT05.~ GOTO 11

However, the first reply is never available, and the second reply always is, even if the character talking is wearing the belt. Did I set this up incorrectly? Is this stat the same value for BG1:TotSC?

--Otis

It's highly likely this is BG2-only...

devSin is correct. BG with ToTSC caps out at STAT #70 which is CasterHold. See stats.ids for confirmation.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.