Neeshka's Romance Updates

A few folks asked how it's going, so I figured I'd open a thread to let you know how I am doing once in a while - will keep me on track as well, I hope!

So far I drafted 3 dialogues:

Aasimar and tiefling specific chats after meeting Duncan

Replacement dialogue in the end of the game when Neeshka returns to the PC after being abducted. Yes, I know it will switch from a voiced scene to an unvoiced dialogue, but I just don't see it not changing for two characters in love.

I am working now on the fire-genasi specific talk and the alternative talk at the same point that will work for everyone else. It's a bit tricky, but I think the topic is good to have, just nead to find a proper lead.

My goal is to finish all the writing and editing by July 1st, when I go on my vacation, and if I do, get my husband to finally install Windows on his Mac so I could run a toolset during the cruise and could maybe code some of it. If I don't finish writing, at the very least I hope to finish it all up during my vacations, nad code in July and August.

I finished the generic talk after meeting Qara, and a follow-up PC-initiated talk. Working on the fire genasi one. Hmm, that's a bit slower than I wanted to go about it. I will try to speed up this week!

Hubby fixed my palm, so yay, I can write now on the train or when I am not playing outside with the wee one. Plus the house showings are now well in hand, the fundraiser is done, the excersise regimen well-established, hubby is out of school for the summer... much better! Gardening is obviously in, but that's sacred!

Two more dialogues down, both applicable to all protagonists. That's not really speeding up, eh? Going on a course tomorrow, on a field trip next Tu-Fr. Hope to find more time to write. :(

Just started on the 10th dialogue, should be done with it today (or so I hope!). It's a good point to send what I have for proof-reading/editing, so if anyone is interested in offering help with grammar and flow, please, feel free to contact me :(

Well, the good news is that I am back, the bad news are that I am still on LT13, since somehow I was doing too much during my vacations and rarely had a chane to write. Well, slowly but surely....

Well, 16 talks down, ? to go, plus I prepared and sent out the draft of the first 15 talks to go to the editor (a kind soul :hm: ). I think I am actually picking up the pace, though it might not have been noticeable this week with all the editing :)

I haven't been able to do anything while moving, but today I restarted on LT 21. I also have a complete break-down of all the talks, there are 38 talks & I plan to do a few more short player-initiated 'HOTZ' additional flirts based on some pretty delicious material by Cmorgan for after the intimacy :)

So, I am pretty much over the hump with writting, and I feel like I am finally 'winning' with that project.

Yep, yep, yep, finished the #24, rolling on to 25, and yay! Got the first batch from the proof-reader. Too bad my machine is still not online, or I would try to set aside time this friday to go into bug fixing and coding. WOOT!

Archived