Neeshka's Romance Updates

It's tougher than you think to add a game NPC, even one that already has a dialogue file.

Plus, it goes against the purpose of the mod. From the outset, we agreed not to change the plot or any other major facet of the game. We've pushed it here and there, bringing Casavir in to testify at the trial, allowing the alternative love interests to show up on the walls, but we didn't really change anything. Bringing Shandra back from the dead would be a major change and is definitely outside the scope of the mod.

And then there's the fact that neither of us likes Shandra. :cringe:

Hehe, I defiantly don't pretend to understand why anyone hates her, she has some of the most compassionate and heartfelt acting of the whole cast, I guess each her/his own. :cringe:

Bit OT, where is the best place to ask NWN2 mod questions, General? I would like to know if you can/how remove the Spell level Cap on a Bard, maybe edit one of the 2da files?

Thanks.

Sorry, hope I can post here also if it is not related to bug or technical problems... Have you ever added to your romance mod some dialogues between NPCs of the kind (ie) "Elanee thinks Casavir is interesting so she starts chatting and flirting with him. At that point the PC gets jealous so the PC starts quarrelling with Elanee and sulks to Casavir"?

Maybe it can be amusing to be seen... just an idea!

THAT would be interesting. I can see Neeshka being interested in Bishop. Also, the fact that Elenee and Sand are the only elves in the group (excluding if PC is elven), you would think they would communicate more. I also noticed that Grobnar doesn't react if the PC is a bard. I find that odd considering he is so excited to meet Deekin in the Merchant Quarter.

Thankfully, found a good placement for the talk about githyanki. I will have to check that Berelinde doesn't use the same cozy place, and then it's coding and testing, and Shandra's talk, and that's it for Act I. Oh, my!

Hurray, finished Act I. In total, 15 dialogues were implemented. I think I am going to code a talk about Shandra in the PC-initiated talks. It would have been good to just feed it through the "companions" portion of the original gl_neeshka file, but, vous comprenez, the voicing.... Anyway, this way it should go fast. And then I will need to read through my dialogues and see what needs placement in Act II. I also need to put in a small reaction from Neeshka to the information that the PC has you know what lodged in his chest. Neeshka being neeshka, I don't want an extended talk, just a quick reaction if you click on her in Act II before the trial, and she blurts out something imulsive.

Just wanted to say that I absolutely love the sound of this romance pack! It always frustrates me how they cut out Neeshka's romance option ;) She's one of my favourite characters!! Thanks heaps for putting so much time and effort into this! I cannot wait to use it! You guys are awesome! ;) Ooh and congrats on finishing act one!!!

Hurray, finished Act I. In total, 15 dialogues were implemented. I think I am going to code a talk about Shandra in the PC-initiated talks. It would have been good to just feed it through the "companions" portion of the original gl_neeshka file, but, vous comprenez, the voicing.... Anyway, this way it should go fast. And then I will need to read through my dialogues and see what needs placement in Act II. I also need to put in a small reaction from Neeshka to the information that the PC has you know what lodged in his chest. Neeshka being neeshka, I don't want an extended talk, just a quick reaction if you click on her in Act II before the trial, and she blurts out something imulsive.

Domi, if you need help in testing, you can count on me.

Hi folks, I doubt I can handle testing while coding Act II ;) so I will just try to zip through the game and code as fast as I can, and then just dedicate all the time to the alpha/beta testing.

On the update front, talk about the Infamous Barn just didn't fit in Act II, so instead of re-writing the whole thing, I went back, gritted my teeth and added it as a 'on the click' talk after the darned barn burns. So, it should show up if you manage to click somewhere between the endless cutscenes there (still need to test). I am worried about all the talks that depends on the user clicking Neeshka, but there is little I can do about it. Gosh, I hope Act II is better in that regard.

Guest cuppycake

Wow, looks like you're halfway done! Or a little more?

Congratulations. Very much looking forward to seeing all of this in-game.. just reading about it makes me want to open NWN2 back up again and I haven't played it in at least half a year.

Also looking forward to Sand's bit. You and berelinde are both excellent modders, amazing writers, and the community in general is very lucky to have you. Give yourself a pat on the back. :)

Guest Lilyana
Also looking forward to Sand's bit. You and berelinde are both excellent modders, amazing writers, and the community in general is very lucky to have you. Give yourself a pat on the back. ;)

Seconded! :)

I bought NWN2 just because I want to play the romance mod. :laugh:

I've got a bit carried away with Neeshka's reaction to the shard in the chest, but I am now past the Vigil, about to collect my party and intergrate 2 or 3 talks (post-vigil reaction, Shandra's portrait and the Bryce crypt) while playing around town a little. I am thinking of taking a look at the existing trigger by Flaggon's doors to see if it can be modified and saved separately to trigger Vigil talk. I am getting tired of all talks being initiated by clicking N. by necessity.

Archived