Neeshka's Romance Updates

Folks, good news is that I am alive, bad news is that everything was on hold pretty much since that last update. My RL was sucking badly in the 'exhausted, rushed and busy' kind of way, so I had to cut off pretty much everything requiring concentration that was not work-related. December brings a huge change in the arrangments for day care provider for my daughter, so that's when the modding will restart. Again, million appologies, but I am no kidding run down atm.

Domi sent the files and I'm gradually coding them, when I have time.

You're eager for Neeshka's full romance, and I can definitely appreciate that, but please post to only one thread. Replying multiple times to the same query is a bit tedious.

I had used this mod over a year ago off of the ignvault and thought it was absolutely amazing. A friend of mine recently got into NWN2 and asked me to set him up with great add-ons. This was at the top of that list. My mind was blown to see work is still being done and I can't wait to see what the result it. Thanks to Berelinde for keeping this alive and of course the work Domi has done since the beginning. I'll definitely be checking this frequently. If you don't mind me asking as I followed the post I see people mentioning dialogue. I thought they were all in place... is the project currently being expanded to include voice clips for the flirts for characters like Neeshka through the talk>flirt command? Sorry if this is an obvious question just wasn't sure I was understanding what is being worked on.

Just starting NWN2 again and this was the first mod I thought of to re-download.

Just wanted to encourage/thank Berlinde for continuing to work on completing this mod and to state that she should take all the time she requires. I will patiently wait (along with a number of other fans I expect) for such excellent work and it is truely excellent!

Belerinde has a bit of RL stuff going. We are chatting about file transfer. Tbh, I should just start coding the next dialogue. Or, like check that NWN2 still runs on my machine and that I can open the mod folder... Should do. Hang in there. Voicing though is a tall order, sorry. I will be giddily happy to just get the dialogue in.

I had troubles with trying to do anything in a quest mod I tried to work on in 2008-10... or something. But that's probably because I can't for the life of mine remember what goes where and where the heck the custom dlg.tlk went. Flirt Packs is at least straight forward.

In NWN2, dialogues happen because a certain thing occurs in a certain trigger region. This information is embedded in the game's area file and we can't add new ones. The only way we can add a dialogue to the game is to extend an existing dialogue or to use ga_start_convo off an existing dialogue. Domi is looking for dialogues that are more or less related to what she wants to write about.

It's perhaps far too late, but in fact I know a way to insert dialogue-starting triggers into existing game areas through script. In fact, nearly anything can be added to an existing NWN2 game though script, and these scripts can be inserted in many ways. While it is not possible to create a trigger area, you can spawn either a custom Area of Effect object with a custom On Enter script attached, or an ipoint with a proximity-checking heartbeat to achieve the same purpose. Additionally, new dialogues can be started upon entering areas (where there weren't already dialogues starting), or on interacting with any placeable (new placeables and NPCs can also be spawned into the existing game). I do these things in my own module if you'd like more info.

Well, that's shows how little I know :) Most of it I wrote to follow the dialogue trigger scheme, but there is at least one dialogue I could use it for. If I can got myself back to the modding board. :( I can't remember a single thing right now.

Well, I'll tell you, I'm about to start up my second run through the OC, and I'm going to use the romance pack. I'd use it twice if the Neeshka one were finished. :) I've read through some old posts here, and I saw someone (maybe you) in 2009 doubting whether anyone would still be interested in 2 years. Well, I hadn't started playing NWN2 that long ago, but it's 5 years now, and I'm certainly interested. ;)

Anyway, I can make it pretty easy to insert the dialogue triggers. Perhaps the easiest way would be to write a script that you can call from any dialogue (such as one that starts at the beginning of the module, which you know will be fired no matter what), which will go through the module and spawn the speak triggers in the locations you specify, with the intended NPC speaker's tag and the name of the conversation.

Archived