Neeshka's Romance Updates

Guest _All of them XD_

Hi troubled romance people and lurkers like myself :thumbsup: I have'nt had the game installed for months but since way back when, when the toolset kept crashing i renamed this file "nwn2ToolsetLauncher.exe.manifest" Then it ran fine. If only some day they can make a trick like that for the autopatcher. Sigh! Ii got all the patches i need and that manual installer though ^_^ works like a charm for OC+MOTB up to 1.23+++ anyway dunno about SOZ. Maybe it will help if there is a "next time." Lets hope not! So uh ahem any chance of a teaser from that script for Neeshka's. I know there were some last time around with that Flirt pack thingy. Seen?

Eh,probibly doesn't matter too much, as SoZ still feels buggy as hell with patches.

Well, I wasn't going to play SoZ till we have a week off in January. We think it will actually be fun with two of us playing. Since my husband will have more time before I take my time off, he will be able to get it all running ghopefully by then up to the latest.

So uh ahem any chance of a teaser from that script for Neeshka's. I know there were some last time around with that Flirt pack thingy. Seen?

I was hoping to do screenies, but if folks want just text previews, I'll be more than happy to post just texts teasers :thumbsup:

Anyway, off to setting up all the pertinent folders and coding the first tiny dialogue to shake some of the rust off, and then PLAY till I meet Neeshka!

In summary, so far I have:

2 'floating, on demand' dialogues in,

corrected the bugs with Neeshka's flirts mentioning Elanee showing up before we met Elanee

played to the Fort Locke and is about to pull out the dialogue that will trigger LT 2

I finished writing the three additional chats and I will only do more if I notice a long stretch of the game where Neeshka is too silent. Which she should not be!

The dialogues will be of 3 kinds:

1) Neeshka initiates dialogues after speaking to someone in the game - they will be backed up like Casavir's dialogues

2) Neeshka initiates a dialogue after you clicked on the menue, they are not ridgidly tied to the game events, but something does trigger them, I call them 'floaters'.

3) PC initiates a dialogue with Neeshka in the same manner as in the original game, but they are "one" offs, and cannot be repeated ad nauseum. They will be added in as the game progresses, wo you will have a bit more fun running through the list of options. :thumbsup:

I had a few minutes to try one more thing to trigger the stubborn LT3 off the original game dialogue, and it didn't work. It triggers perfectly off the back-up in Neeshka's main dialogue file. Nothing more for it, I am afraid. Hope to get to the next dialogue over the weekend. :thumbsup:

I got sucked into the game! So, I wasted about an hour in the bandit camp trying to fight my way sans equipment... Turning the dm_god mode on next time. I had precious little time last week, but should be better off this week, since my hubby's scholl commitment will be over tomorrow and I will have 1 and 1/2 days off this week. So, gotta make it past the pesky bandits and pick up speed playing as a god, lol :thumbsup:

Rats, baby fell sick yesterday, so I will be losing my coveted days off today and tomorrow. I know it's not what you were hoping to see, but life sucks sometimes.

Oh my. I hope baby is better by now. Take care of yourself and baby. This game can wait.

I finally made it into Highcliff, picked Elanee and a good place for that talk that didn't fit all too well in the beginning. It triggers just fine now in the Maiden's Glade, just a small bug to correct in one of the loops. Will be coding the "Talk About Tails!" soon enough at this pace (not to jinx anything, lol!)

I finally made it into Highcliff, picked Elanee and a good place for that talk that didn't fit all too well in the beginning. It triggers just fine now in the Maiden's Glade, just a small bug to correct in one of the loops. Will be coding the "Talk About Tails!" soon enough at this pace (not to jinx anything, lol!)

Hey, glad things are going so well-- I hadn't gotten an e-mail back from you, so I thought I'd just let you know here that I sent you the last batch of proofings back on the 12th, so you should have them in your e-mail to code at your leisure.

~AK

Hi Lyrre! I know I have it, thank you so much, and very, very sorry I didn't respond in a timely manner. Between my hubby's end of the semester, my mom visiting, tot's being ill and major snow-storms+deep freeze at the time, that necessitated us to buy a new car earlier than we anticipated... well, it's been crzay and I envy Lan the Neeshka's Lover his problems with the King of Shadows. :) Luckily things are pretty good at the moment, so I am having a good feeling about Neeshka moving on pretty fast for the next few weeks.

Hi Lyrre! I know I have it, thank you so much, and very, very sorry I didn't respond in a timely manner. Between my hubby's end of the semester, my mom visiting, tot's being ill and major snow-storms+deep freeze at the time, that necessitated us to buy a new car earlier than we anticipated... well, it's been crzay and I envy Lan the Neeshka's Lover his problems with the King of Shadows. :) Luckily things are pretty good at the moment, so I am having a good feeling about Neeshka moving on pretty fast for the next few weeks.

Hey, no problem, I know how crazy life can get when you least expect it. :)

I'm just glad you got it-- my e-mail was doing strange things to me for awhile, and my mother wasn't able to get some of my messages, so I was mostly worried that something had gone horribly wrong on my end. Hope you guys are in for a great holiday, at any rate-- I'm sure you could use a nice break!

~AK

Got a little further in the game, basically going to code the Tails talk now. Decided to push 2 talks that could be deployed in a couple of different places later in the game, because the companions are still pretty talkative in and around Highcliff.

Archived