Neeshka's Romance Updates

Wow, I finally slogged my way through the Warehouse and to LT 8. Works great after a couple of fixes. My next task is to find a way to code a talk about Casavir's joining without endangering Cas romance. Gods, the words Old Owl Well still make me sigh in exasperation....

Folks, if anyone who is tuned into it and have a save close by, I would love to have the following tested:

-a Lawful Good character that would join the thieve's guild after asking Neeshka's advice on the matter.

-someone who would work for the Guards and can check that LT 8 shows up after Brelaina's conversation about the Warehouse.

Please, give me a shout if you could do a test run for me.

Great, I will send you the linkie. What I need is the following:

After you were presented with the alternatives (guards vs thieves), select "Hey Neeshka" option on the Player-initiated menue to spring the talk about 'what shall we do'. Then as an LG character join the thieves. Ask Neeshka's opinion again. Let me know what responce you get from her (should be quite a happy one). That's all I need from an LG.

On joining the Watch part, Brelaine's talk should spring after you are given the Smuggler's Warehouse quest. On one of the links since it springs convo with Cormic, it should go into PID authomatically (summoned via Hey, Neeshka). On another, it should pop up on its own, or, if not still be in the PID.

Finally finished coding Casavir's talk. Also we did get the new laptop for me, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it might speed things up with coding the romance/testing. It depends on whether I would be able to code dialogue on the bus, or just write. Just writing will have nothing to do with Neeshka, coding definetly will!

Played to meeting Casavir in the game, talked didn't fire, but was cued on from Neeshka's dislogue just fine. But there is some sort of a bug because Neeshka talks to my storm-lord as if he is a paladin. Gotta check conditions and re-run the test on the dialogue.

It was a long weekend for us, Canadians, so I was swept by RL. But I started installing NWN2 on my new laptop yesterday, hope to finish the install and file transfer tonight, and hopefully that will speed things up with Neeshka. I am still killing orcs in the game. I wish NWN2 had the same cheats as BG2, it would have been so much faster to run a test game with Ctrl+R and Ctrl+ err... autokill button! On the good side, I found a good placement for the pc-initiated talk with Neeshka, I will tie it loosely to Neeshka's quest progression. It is not directly related, but it is about her profession, so it will work well there. So, as soon as I am back in town, I'd do coin portion of Neeshka's quest and code and test that talk.

Sorry, hope I can post here also if it is not related to bug or technical problems... Have you ever added to your romance mod some dialogues between NPCs of the kind (ie) "Elanee thinks Casavir is interesting so she starts chatting and flirting with him. At that point the PC gets jealous so the PC starts quarrelling with Elanee and sulks to Casavir"?

Maybe it can be amusing to be seen... just an idea!

No, we can't easily add random dialogues like that because they are triggered from area triggers, and modifying areas is not exactly the best idea, due to the size of the download and liability issues. So, nope, I don't think we will venture there, but other NPCs do have intrejections in both the flirts and the lovetalks.

Laptop is working, game and toolset is fully operational. The only trouble is that it takes forever for the laptop to spin the wheels to get the game starting, don't know why. Other than that, I think I can play-test on the bus just fine, but coding will be more convenient at home, as the screen is just too small for two windows to be open and the whole copy-pasting needed done from one file to another. So, started Eyegoger layer approach this morning after some tinkering and adjusting.

Since she's just installed the game on a brand new computer, I doubt that's the issue. It might just be a thing with her particular model. NWN2 *always* took forever to start and load on my laptop (though it loads much faster on the desktop), so it might just be a quirk of a particular hardware setup.

Archived