Neeshka's Romance Updates

Still grinding through the Eyegouger Clan layer, but the laptop on the bust is great. Going to add a small interjection/flirt from Neeshka on the "Interogator" convo on level 2, and test it out tomorrow to relieve the boredom and remind the Mainchar about the romance in progress. Made the save to test it out, hope to fight my way to Level 3 on the trip home, lol!

Still grinding through the Eyegouger Clan layer, but the laptop on the bus is great. Going to add a small interjection/flirt from Neeshka on the "Interogator" convo on level 2, and test it out tomorrow to relieve the boredom and remind the Mainchar about the romance in progress. Made the save to test it out, hope to fight my way to Level 3 on the trip home, lol!

Guest AriesCZ

Wow, this mod looks really amazing. Can’t wait to see it completed.

I always wonder why Obsidian didn’t do at least 2 romance options for each gender. I know they were probably forced to complete the game fast by Atari, but why they didn’t make the romance options available in patch? From what I know, the Neeshka/Bishop romance was intended to be in vanilla game...

Forgive my ranting...

Guest Verdian

I am really looking forward to this. I was tempted to start a new game recently, but if this is almost done, I'd rather wait. It sounds like you are almost finished. Not to be pushy, but is there an estimated completion time on this?

Well, I am almost done coding and testing Act I. Once it's ready, I will be looking for testers for Act I.

The ETA is always 'when it's done'. It sure helps having a laptop on the bus. I had my boss' parking for 2 days this week, so only played for 2 days. Heh. No more parking this week, though, so that makes 4 days on the bus (about 4 to 5 hours of play-testing time).

I just finished the Eyegoger Layer (don't know why people miss long dungeon crawls... I don't!), apart from not looting Lograin's corpse for the damn banner. So, I just need to backtrack to level 2, pick the banner, and I can move on with the plot. I hope to code in a couple of conversations tomorrow, the one initiated by the PC after we get to do the second stage of Neeshka's quest, and probably, the Fiehlis Estate, since that should come up soon enough.

Also, in reply to the earlier question, Neeshka and Bishop are the dropped romantic options in the game. Bishop's quest was also dropped. We won't know why, but time constraints are most likely. And, thank you for the vote of confidence!

Okay, finished the 1001 orcs, and the break into Leldon's house. A PC-initiated dialogue with Neeshka is coded and tested after you get the coin (not directly related, but somewhat related). :undecided:

Just so you know, the 1001 orcs cutscene is notorious for breaking. It was hopelessly broken in the vanilla game. I did what I could to fix it, but it still fails a lot of the time. So make sure that if you're putting anything important in there, you set your variables early and use PID backup.

It is a cutscene name. I did work with this one, and I hope I didn't mess anything up. It will have to be restested with Casavir's romance. Neeshka's worked for me. Anyway, I am done with the orcs :undecided:

Coding Neeshka's itj in Fiehlis estate, and played as far as starting to clear out level 1 of it. So, a wee bit of progress.

I have coded Fiehlis Estate reaction dialogue, but I need to go through the files that trigger it making sure all the triggers are in place. Also, the original dialogue is supposed to have an Intimidation check for Pass and Fail, but it looks like there are no checks on it, so it always suceeds. I will add a low level Intimidation check there, so all that material doesn't go forever unseen.

P.S: Folks, please, don't take it amiss, but I am moving the generic posts about the Toolset etc to the NWN1/NWN2 chat. I know stuff comes up, but if someone actually wants to see the progress reports, it is a bit difficult when a thread gets cluttered.

Done with Fihelis. Unfortunately, that's another dialogue that has a script interfering with the dialogue trigger, so has to be initiated from the back-up. But I am getting used to it with the NWN2.

I think there are 3 more dialogues that go in Act I - I need to look through the doc file, but it seems like I am at least getting close to the end of something here. :blush:

Worked my way to the Blakelake District and coding two talks that come about that time - one Player-initiated, and another that i need to find the placement for in the BL district. So, doing good, but the dreaded long weekend is coming, so I will be crazy-busy with keeping the family on track for three days in a row. Back to regural programming on Tuesday!

I coded those two talks, now playing to find placement. I have a feeling that both talks will have to go into the PID, because of the way the Thieve's path handles the player's presence in the Black Lake District (i.e. not really allowed to walk freely, Karina just drags you from point A to Point B).

Found a good placement for the talk, but it didn't trigger right. Since it's game breaking, I will check for obvious oopses, and then I might have to port the entire thing into an existing talk. Hopefully, a cut-paste action would do that, but if not, well, re-coding it is. I really think I would like it to initiate on 'its own'. Too many now have to be triggered by the savvy player!

Archived