Cannot hire Amber...

Guest Q X

Found out anything?

I have now, however, discovered a bug in the game - perhaps is it due to a mod I have installed as I haven't previously seen that and not a script error or something?

I have rejected to join Bodhi and wanted to side with the shadow thieves. But when I go to Gaelan Bayle to pay the 15.000 GP he just says that I have made an alliance with somebody else an that I will regret that.

IIRC joining either guild triggers chapter 3 - but I am already in chaper 3 I see! I can only think of a quest I have done for a knight called Sir Havun. First I have killed a dragon (in Umar Hills) and now I have to help him clear the vampire nest under the city. Maybe that triggeed chapter 3.

As it is now I'm not able to destroy Bodhi's lair (although Sir Havun promised to send a wizard to blast the blue double doors - which has NOT happened:( ) and just can't see how I can proceed to spellhold. So maybe I will reinstall the game and try install Amber again - perhaps it works out better this time.

Havun appears to be from Saerileth mod. Perhaps someone in CoM board could add more insight on how her affets the game.

The only out of place thing I can see in your save game is that M#AmberMatch is not set. But that's something we already figured out. Why it's not set I can't explain. If I load your save with my baldur.bcs the script immediately sets the variable; Amber joins and behaves normally. If I load your save with your baldur.bcs the script immediately sets the variable; Amber joins and behaves normally. So it's not the baldur.bcs script that giving trouble.

In short I have no idea what's going on in your game. All mods you have are widely played and I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't work together. Myself, I have only player with Fixpack, Keto, Amber and some components of the Tweaks. But I'm under impression that Yasarena and Saerileth should be solid mods, even though they are not supported by their authors anymore.

It might be helpful if you could copy and post the contents of your weidu.log (it's a file in you main BG2 folder and you can open it with any text editor). I should have asked that before, sorry. From that I can see what components of each mod you have installed and which order. Perhaps that can give us a clue.

There isn't anything out of place with you main character, is there?

From your save everything appears to be in order: his gender is set (male) and the stats my script checks for M#AmberMatch are set. (Which isn't surprising - how could they not be set!)

Here is the weidu.log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Change Imoen's Avatar to Mage: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Change Nalia's Avatar to Thief: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Avatar Morphing Script: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr): v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #80 // Restore SoA Load Screen Logo (ToB Only): v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon): v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Gradual Drow Item Disintegration: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash): v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1190 // Romance Bug Fixes: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1200 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Two-Handed Katanas: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2230 // Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2231 // Description Updates for Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent Component: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher): v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2312 // Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters (BETA) -> Arcane & Divine Magic: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Higher HP on Level Up -> NWN Style: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring, Spell-Trap, and Physical Mirror Animations: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good: v7

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Change Korgan to Neutral Evil: v7

~SETUP-KETO.TP2~ #0 #0 // Keto-SOA NPC V2

~SETUP-KETO.TP2~ #0 #2 // Banter Accelerator

~SETUP-SAERILETH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Saerileth Romance Mod v12 (BG2:SoA & TOB NPC) created by nethrin and Sillara

~SETUP-SOLAUFEIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Solaufein Romance for Baldur's Gate II (SoA & ToB)

~SETUP-YASRAENA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Yasraena v7 (BG2:SoA & TOB NPC) created by nethrin & Sillara of the Tamari

~SETUP-AMBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Amber the NPC MOD for BGII:SoA: v2.5

~SETUP-AMBER.TP2~ #0 #1 // Multiplayer-friendly flirting for Amber: v2.5

And thanks again for taking your time.

I think you should install the tweaks last! I don't think it's the source of your problems, but it still should go last.

Another thing that I spotted:

You said earlier that you had installed a mod called:

BG2 TOBFixPack112

I thought that you meant BG2Fixpack, the mod from gibbberlings3. Yet ithe mod does not appear in your weidu.log. If you meant the official patch from bioware and not the mod, when did you install it? I should be installed right after the actual game, before any mods. This is very important. If you installed it after Tweaks, like the modlist you gave me before suggests, I'm afraid you'd better do a complete re-install of your game. :hm:

I think you should install the tweaks last! I don't think it's the source of your problems, but it still should go last.

BG2 TOBFixPack112

I thought that you meant BG2Fixpack, the mod from gibbberlings3. Yet ithe mod does not appear in your weidu.log. If you meant the official patch from bioware and not the mod, when did you install it? I should be installed right after the actual game, before any mods. This is very important. If you installed it after Tweaks, like the modlist you gave me before suggests, I'm afraid you'd better do a complete re-install of your game. :hm:

Here is my installation order (taken from this site http://weidu.org/main.html#weidu):

1. SOA

2. TOB

3. TOB official patch

4. BG2_Tweaks-v7 (from G3)

5. BG"ThroneOfBhaalFixPack112 (from weidu.org - see link above)

.... and then 5 NPC-mods.

This makes sense?

Oh and finally shadowkeeper.

Best Regards

Lars

BG2 TOBFixPack112

Here is my installation order (taken from this site http://weidu.org/main.html#weidu):

1. SOA

2. TOB

3. TOB official patch

4. BG2_Tweaks-v7 (from G3)

5. BG"ThroneOfBhaalFixPack112 (from weidu.org - see link above)

.... and then 5 NPC-mods.

This makes sense?

Oh and finally shadowkeeper.

Best Regards

Lars

Okay I recommend the following install. Mainly because I have never played with ToB FixPack v1.12 and I don't know what it does exactly. However, I suspect that it might be out of date. Weimer has not updated his install instruction in ages.

1. SoA

2. ToB

3. The offial patch

4. BG2Fixpack I reccomend this one.. But, even if you prefer to use ToB FixPack v1.12 install it at this point

5. NPC mods

6. Tweakpack

I hope this helps.

Okay I recommend the following install. Mainly because I have never played with ToB FixPack v1.12 and I don't know what it does exactly. However, I suspect that it might be out of date. Weimer has not updated his install instruction in ages.

1. SoA

2. ToB

3. The offial patch

4. BG2Fixpack I reccomend this one.. But, even if you prefer to use ToB FixPack v1.12 install it at this point

5. NPC mods

6. Tweakpack

I hope this helps.

Thanks a lot - I will try that. And let you know if it works out well.

Hmm...it did not work out well:(

Installled all the mods as you instructed. Went straight for Amber but she walks away from me yet again......am I just cursed and can't play this mod??

Did you re-install your game? I know it's loads of trouble and all, but it would give you a clean start.

Yup - did a complete re-install - so my hopes were high.

You want to see savegame, some logs, variables or something?

:hm:

You could try to drop the other mods off one by one and see when (or if) Amber starts working. If we can pinpoint the problem to another mod I try to make the two compatible.

Or you can unistall all other mods and just try SoA+ToB+OfficialBiowarePatch+Amber. I know for sure the SoA+ToB+OfficialBiowarePatch+BG2Fixpack+Solaufein+Amber works too. That's my current install.

Can you post your weidu.log again? With the changes you made in the install order. When I have time I can try to re-create your game with same components you have. I need a recent save too for that.

Archived