When is LT5 with Bishop supposed to occur?

Ok, since I am a LT addict I am wondering precisely when is Bishop's LT5 supposed to occur?

I looked at the full mod content list and figured it would be as soon as you finished the trial of words, but maybe I am wrong?

Is it supposed to be after the trial by combat? I figured no since LT6 happens as soon as you finish the trial by combat (which I have been getting).

If it is supposed to happen as soon as you finish the trial of words how can I get it to trigger? I have had no succes so far. :rolleyes:

Any help is appreciated of course. And if you've got no advice for me could someone direct me to a tutorial explaining the toolset so I can go take a look at it? If I can't get it in game I at least want to know what is supposed to happen.

Thanks.

Script-wise, there's a lot going on at that particular moment. You're being reunited with your party and you're leaving the courtroom. Out of 2 complete playthroughs and about 15 runs through the trial testing the outcome of Casavir's testimony, I've had that talk about 5 times.

YMMV. I had one playtester say that she got the talk every single time but once.

The problem with delays in the script is that it makes talks less likely to occur. If it's something like the Silken Sisters talk, you can let his idleness and distance work in your favor to get the talk. You might also want to try this tactic when talking to Daeghun, since that talk always gave me trouble, too. But here, you're teleported, Bishop is right on top of you, practically, and you've all just moved, so that clears his action list.

All this is just another way of saying "reload and try again," but it might not work then, either.

As for looking at th talk in the toolset, fire up the toolset, choose "open conversation/script," select conversations, find br_lt005, and double-click it.

Out of 2 complete playthroughs and about 15 runs through the trial testing the outcome of Casavir's testimony, I've had that talk about 5 times.

Casavir is supposed to give testimony?....

Cause I've never gotten that... Does it have something to do with influence? Cause I typically have higher influence with Bishop by this point... I have talked to him about it before but he definitely didn't testify on my behalf on any of my times playing the trial.

And thanks for the toolset info. I'll just try it again a few more times.

Also, would it help to have fewer people in my party during the trial? Last time I only had Sand, Shandra, and Bishop, still didn't get the talk but hey.

Thanks a lot for your help.

It's not a talk that triggers automatically. If you talk to Casavir after the beginning of Act II but before the trial (using the "Can we talk?" dialogue option, I believe) you can ask him to vouch for you. I think you can also do this by talking to Sand, and then he'll bring Casavir into the conversation (if he's in your party). If you get C to agree before the trial, you'll get a dialogue option from Sand to call him to the stand.

It's not a talk that triggers automatically. If you talk to Casavir after the beginning of Act II but before the trial (using the "Can we talk?" dialogue option, I believe) you can ask him to vouch for you. I think you can also do this by talking to Sand, and then he'll bring Casavir into the conversation (if he's in your party). If you get C to agree before the trial, you'll get a dialogue option from Sand to call him to the stand.

Ok! Thanks for clearing that up. Ah well. Double incentive to reload so I can get the Casavir content and attempt to get Bishop's LT to trigger. Thanks! :rolleyes:

Acutally, all you have to do to get Casavir to testify is talk to Sand before the trial and ask him if he can think of anyone to testify.

Spoilers. Highlight to read.

At that point, he'll ask you if Casavir has been with you the whole time. If you say yes, Casavir will say as much (you also get an option to lie about it, in which case he'll obediently say he wasn't with you the whole time, and you're well on your way to losing, if that's your goal). If you say he wasn't there the whole time, Sand will suggest that he testify about your character. *That* depends heavily on influence./Spoilers.

Weeeell... In that case (looked at spoilers :rolleyes: ) I'll just stick with non influenced based stuff... I'm not evil but my influence is higher with Bishop. However just for fun (I have a few saves before since the engine keeps failing to trigger Bishops talk, grr) I might go back and see what he says. Could be interesting.

OK, talk to Sand by right-clicking on his portrait and choosing "Talk to". You should have the option to talk to him about your trial. Choose that one. He'll say something along the lines of "What did you want to talk about."

After that, you should see a choice that asks if he can think of anyone else to testify or if he knows of any other witnesses he can call. I think it's the third or fourth option down from the top.

Archived